Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Key board racks!

My set up is a bit of a mess at the moment! I need to get these synths racked up properly. A frames maybe?
Attached Thumbnails
Key board racks!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1363265046.568873.jpg   Key board racks!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1363265064.103896.jpg   Key board racks!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1363265085.037275.jpg  
Old 14th March 2013
Gear maniac

Old 14th March 2013
Gear maniac

Not an option for me unfortunatly but if I could, I'd go with slatwall or a similar system.

Seen a few studio pics with it used, lots of shelf / bracket options and looks tidy.
Might not be suitable but worth a look.
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopfoo View Post
I've recently purchased the Jaspers studio 4-space and I LOVE it. It's sturdy enough for 4 88-key synths--something that seems a little sketchy on other brands' A-frames.

JASPERS Alu-Systems, made in Germany

If you've got a nearby IKEA, I've seen several GREAT solutions made with the Stolmen shelving system and the wide shoe racks.
This looks like it could be a good solution for me! Thanks!...Yes there is an ikea near me. Will check it out.
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Bump! Any other good products I should be looking out for?
Old 14th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odey View Post
Bump! Any other good products I should be looking out for?
Yes definitely check out the Standtastic stands. I have mine set up with four sets of arms for four keyboards and it is absolutely rock solid. They are also significantly cheaper than the Jaspers stuff. I have wall mounted and standalone units.

One thing I don't like about stands that have a crossbar with the keyboard arms attached is that the crossbar can rotate forward as you play and the angle of the keyboard can change to the point where it can dump the keyboard right over. I don't know how the Jaspers stuff solves that problem. I have a keyboard stand that is similar to the Jaspers in that sense and it is something I have to be careful about. It has the advantage of flexibility for keyboard width though which is not the case with the Standtastic stands.
Old 15th March 2013
Gear maniac

The Jasper's crossbars have a notched connector that keeps them from rotating once set. Once assembled, the bars won't rotate at all.
Old 15th March 2013
Seeing that your studio is in an attic, all I can recommend is to not build giant towers of keyboards - two on top of eachother should be enough, otherwise you're wasting precious space. I used to have a 3-tier Jaspers; lovely, but very imposing on the rest of the room. Works better when the ceiling's straight.

I've a pair of these: Statyw keyboardowy KB-S - Athletic - Statywy Muzyczne: keyboardowe, gitarowe, mikrofonowe, kolumnowe, o?wietleniowe, multimedialne, pulpity do nut

Musicstore.com used to sell 'm, I don't know if they have distributors in the UK otherwise. It's too bad my Voyager won't fit on top (can't adjust the width of the top tier) so I have to think of something for that - but for your Juno-60 and Prophet, I think it'd be ideal.
Old 15th March 2013
Gear Head

I use adjustable bookshelf brackets on my walls ... I put keyboards on the arms instead of shelves. Saves tons of floor space, and can be moved easily if you add another synth of want to adjust height of boards. Longer arms for bottoms keyboards, shortest arms on top.
Attached Thumbnails
Key board racks!-gabworx-2013.jpg  
Old 15th March 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsiegel View Post
Yes definitely check out the Standtastic stands. I have mine set up with four sets of arms for four keyboards and it is absolutely rock solid. They are also significantly cheaper than the Jaspers stuff. I have wall mounted and standalone units.
+100 on the Standtastics. I have two 3-tier a-frames with rack-mount adapters for patch bays. I'm currently debating getting a third a-frame or moving to the wall-mounts.

They are rock solid. No bounce, no wobble*.

*"no wobble" refers only to physical movement in a plane parallel to the floor. Dub-step wobbles are entirely possible, but are conducted solely at the user's personal risk.
Old 15th March 2013
Gear addict

Here's what I did...

Hey Odey...

I made some keyboard/gear stands out of black wire shelving. The center column isd made up of 48x18 Trinity shelving - very strong. The sides are 24x18 from Lowes. This arrangement is very customizable. I added some semi-rigid shelf liners (blue-colored, natch) for a more stable surface. They look nice, too.

A home-built pair of sliders allow the bottom keyboard to be pulled out for playing, and pushed in for storage. This saves a lot of vertical space. I used wood scraps, assorted screw hardware, and ball-bearing tracks (again from Lowes) to build them. The completed sliders are made to hook around the back-end of the shelving without mounting screws. I drilled large holes in the wood for the keyboard feet to rest in so it wont slide. These are set back a bit so the wood sticks out enough to hang my headphones.

The top keyboard is fixed at an angle. The back end is raised up by a hard-foam exercise "half roll" (also blue).

The whole shebang is against a wall with a low sloped ceiling. That should give you an idea how a similar setup would look in your place.
Attached Thumbnails
Key board racks!-my-setup.jpg   Key board racks!-keyboard-slider-3.jpg   Key board racks!-keyboard-slider-2.jpg   Key board racks!-keyboard-slider-1.jpg  
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search