Waldorf Rocket
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Is this rocket from Germany or North Korea...
because I sense a dud.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocT View Post
Btw, I have a few lame sounds too. Far from the quality of the official video, but maybe suited to add a few more impressions

That was quite revealing of sound too...

MOAR preaz
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

lookin at the spec, this is basically a seriously cut down Pulse2 concept, with a different case and UI... single VA oscillator, capable of limited paraphony, going into one SVF analog filter. no full envelope generators. just one with decay... like 303.

at least they god some audio this time. but i wont hold my breath until this comes to the market.

edit: since i missed that video above... altough its obviously a limited setup, i think it sound very interesting for a first impression. the little blippety bloppety arps are very liquid.. like the highpass string towards the end too. also since it paraphonic i.e. one env and one filter...these is god given for chord stabs too.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Hey waldorf.. steal the software from the xt.. add analog filters and vcas. Same interface as the xt.. then ride the money train and release the stromberg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear maniac

PPG
PPG wave 2
PPG wave 2.2
PPG wave 2.3
Waldorf microwave
Waldorf pulse
Waldorf Wave
Waldorf Q
Waldorf Q +
Waldorf Blofeld
Waldorf Stromberg
Waldorf Pulse 2
Waldorf rocket
Coming 2014......Waldorf Salad

what codswallop
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear maniac

I dunno, I think this looks pretty fun/sounds good. I'll admit, I love Waldorf synths, though. Let's see how much it costs...

The great thing about all these desktop synths coming out is that they're much easier to hide from my wife.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
I wish they made actual synthesizers and not just CGI mockups..
This!
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Don't you guys think the Rocket is a better mini synth than the Korg Monotribe? It may be a little early, but it looks to offer more for not much more money.
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear maniac

I dunno, I think this looks pretty fun/sounds good. I'll admit, I love Waldorf synths, though. Let's see how much it costs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi PHi View Post
The great thing about all these desktop synths coming out is that there are much easier to hide from my wife.
Well i suppose there's one thing positive about this
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
Don't you guys think the Rocket is a better mini synth than the Korg Monotribe? It may be a little early, but it looks to offer more for not much more money.
seriously.....we have to wait 1 year for this ? Waldorf are supposed to be a professional company....this is more like one of those freebies in a japanese electronic mags.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

wow, tough crowd in here. I think Waldorf would probably get a much warmer welcome for this little box if there was not already so much anticipation for bigger things from them. That's tough to manage.

Low price and good sound might be enough to attract people from outside the crowd who were already paying attention to Waldorf, and that's always good
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear interested

Haters gonna hate. I think this thing sounds awesome, perfect for little techno stabs, deep house chords etc (paraphonic I know, but will do the trick). Good move Waldorf, will be buying...
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear maniac

Looks neat.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robonaut View Post
So, while the filter is analog, the oscilator is digital?
Is the oscillator digital? Say it isn't so. I have extreme aversion and revulsion to anything digital. Only analog is truly "pure" in synthesis. If I go to gigs or watch concerts - if the keyboard player has any digital synths - I cannot take them seriously. They are not true artiste's.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistakem View Post
Haters gonna hate. I think this thing sounds awesome, perfect for little techno stabs, deep house chords etc (paraphonic I know, but will do the trick). Good move Waldorf, will be buying...
I don't think that anybody hates Rocket. It is more that some people rather have a full featured synth instead of a Monotribe knock-off.

Anyway, I already bought my share of Rocket...

Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Creep View Post
Hey waldorf.. steal the software from the xt.. add analog filters and vcas. Same interface as the xt..
waaaaaaaant.. drooool..
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear addict

They should build a eurorack version!
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Creep View Post
Hey waldorf.. steal the software from the xt.. add analog filters and vcas. Same interface as the xt.. then ride the money train and release the stromberg
The XT is covered in rotary encoders, I doubt they'd come cheap. Then add filters and VCAs for 8 voices without using CEM type chips, it all adds up.

The Ambika is the modern day answer to the Microwave/VS sort of synth:

https://soundcloud.com/mutable-instruments/sets/mutable-instruments-ambika

My suspicion is it will spank the P12 for overall tone.
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffor View Post
I don't think that anybody hates Rocket. It is more that some people rather have a full featured synth instead of a Monotribe knock-off.

Anyway, I already bought my share of Rocket...

i won't lie, the modulation possibilities on your rocket are superior
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear addict

I'll take two please, the posibilities for loop mangling in stereo are mind boggling...
Under 300.00 ea. US too please...looks like a great product if it actually makes it to market...
wanted: dead or alive...I'll buy 2 for no other reason than to help them stay in business...
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc View Post
Is the oscillator digital? Say it isn't so. I have extreme aversion and revulsion to anything digital. Only analog is truly "pure" in synthesis. If I go to gigs or watch concerts - if the keyboard player has any digital synths - I cannot take them seriously. They are not true artiste's.
Have fun with that.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

This thing is great. It sounds nice, priced right, and looks neat

I think they saw how well the Monotribe was selling, and decided to give it a try themselves. Hopefully it'll give them a nice boost on revenue.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc View Post
if the keyboard player has any digital synths - I cannot take them seriously. They are not true artiste's.
Me too. I usually take it upon myself to leave the establishment right there on the spot. Pfft! They aren't kidding anyone, those digital oscillator using imbeciles.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekto View Post
Me too. I usually take it upon myself to leave the establishment right there on the spot. Pfft! They aren't kidding anyone, those digital oscillator using imbeciles.
Me too.

I have tickets to see Depeche Mode in May, but I think I might not go because I am concerned that there might be some Viruses on the stage. That would completely destroy their credibility for me.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

If I were you, I'd call in advance and check. I'd ask for my money back if they aren't using analogue oscillators. After all, only true artists use them.
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear
facetious?
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb View Post
Me too.

I have tickets to see Depeche Mode in May, but I think I might not go because I am concerned that there might be some Viruses on the stage. That would completely destroy their credibility for me.
Yea they use virus. Can i have your tickets ?
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear nut

Haters or not... but USB powered??? What kind of self-respecting hardware guy will buy a USB powered box? ;-)

Joking aside, it is a poor design decision. From my perspective (still no computer for music), it's more of a dongle than an instrument.
Old 23rd February 2013
Gear maniac

If it sounds good it is good.
Street price 200 Euro.
Available in 4 weeks.
They are crazy.
Now i am, too.
I need one.
Surprise!

(It even has pwm - and i really like the sounddemo)
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by upfineclouds View Post
Haters or not... but USB powered??? What kind of self-respecting hardware guy will buy a USB powered box? ;-)

Joking aside, it is a poor design decision. It's more of a dongle than an instrument.
A computer is not required. Rocket is supplied with a PSU that's connected to the device via USB, similar to some cellphones.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search