Login / Register

Valhalla Vintage verb OR..ERS Dimension D?
New Reply
Subscribe
Ged
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Valhalla Vintage verb OR..ERS Dimension D?

Spoiled for choice again arghhh, I'm really wanting some great "Virtual" 80's outboard - V vintage verb looks and sounds awesome as does ERS dim D, I'm wanting some nice 80's fx I can send my vox n synths/drums to - not sure Ableton stock verb n chorus can cut it.

Help!!
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Gear Head

FWIW, I love the Valhalla Vintage Verb--such great modulation. I have it and Valhalla Room and they compliment each other well.
Ged
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpow View Post
FWIW, I love the Valhalla Vintage Verb--such great modulation. I have it and Valhalla Room and they compliment each other well.
with the vintage verb, is it possible to get that big roomy Peter gabriel "so" drum sound? or close?
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Gear maniac

Why "or" if they don't do the same thing? Valhalla Ubermod is the plug-in that's oriented toward modulation effects like the Dim D. Vintage Verb is oriented toward reverbs and certainly isn't expensive to buy it and something else. ERS's vintage style reverb is the empty 250

When it comes to emulating old effects of course it depends if you want to come as close as possible to a now classic unit or just want that type of thing with perhaps more options.

I'd definitely say Valhalla gives you value and more options. ERS gives you emulations of one specific unit

The Dimension D was a "subtle" chorus where you hear more of an added stereo dimensionality than typical chorus modulation per-se. Never heavy and swirling. Definitely not a room reverb or anything like that. Not exactly an all purpose tool, can't use it on many things, but it really adds something special to synth pads and some instruments.
Ged
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

shizzballs, just demoed valhalla vintage verb - awesomeness!!!!! buying now
msl
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
msl
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Big Valhalla fan here. Have Room and UberMod, the later is my goto effect for basically everything. Amazing quality, jus saying.

michael-lovatt.com
soundcloud
Ged
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
Big Valhalla fan here. Have Room and UberMod, the later is my goto effect for basically everything. Amazing quality, jus saying.

Just used this on my new track for drums and vox - WOW , this smokes every reverb plug I've ever demoed
10th February 2013
Old 10th February 2013
Lives for gear

24th February 2013
Old 24th February 2013
Gear maniac

Hijacking this 'cause starting a new thread over a fine distinction seems a little pointless: Can anyone draw a clear distinction between ValhallaRoom and ValhallaVintageVerb? I like VRoom, but it's not always the most organic plug for my tastes (a bit too much high end spray at times); does VintageVerb skew warmer and "realer?" I want to want to buy it ;-)
25th February 2013
Old 25th February 2013
Lives for gear

I've been contemplating buying the Dim D for a bit now. It might have to happen soon!

Anyone know what kind of chorus is on this intro guitar?
Good Charlotte - The love
25th February 2013
Old 25th February 2013
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizcities View Post
Hijacking this 'cause starting a new thread over a fine distinction seems a little pointless: Can anyone draw a clear distinction between ValhallaRoom and ValhallaVintageVerb? I like VRoom, but it's not always the most organic plug for my tastes (a bit too much high end spray at times); does VintageVerb skew warmer and "realer?" I want to want to buy it ;-)
I'd say that VintageVerb is warmer and faker, but I'm biased. I'd try the demo to see if it works for you.
Plugins: http://www.valhalladsp.com
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search