New Reply
Subscribe
allthegear.net
6th February 2013
Old 6th February 2013
Gear nut

Using multiple iPads to control Ableton Live

Ello 'slutz,

Is anyone using 2 or more iPads to control Live (or any other DAW)?

I'm thinking specifically of having mixer channels spread across a few to replace my Tascam US2400.

DAW remote HD looks like a possibility but it only mentions it briefly in the FAQ. Lemur would be preferred so I can design my own layout but no idea if multiple pads would talk to each other for paging through fader banks etc.

If it's possible I'm thinking about building a little console with 3 iPad mini's in.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated as ever.

LT
6th February 2013
Old 6th February 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Touchable enables you to have up to 6 Ipads, and fits a good number fader on the screens. The other option is to use touch osc, and you could use a single ipad for infinite faders potentially... there are many ways of doing it.

I have used multiple ipads, and it's cool, but I honestly find that one is all you really need. The software can cycle banks and you can do totally custom layouts.

The ipad is the best midi controller available imo. Its only fault is that it lacts a sense of tactile control because touch screens suck.
allthegear.net
6th February 2013
Old 6th February 2013
Gear nut

Thanks Addixion, makes sense. I may just for looking for something for techs sake!
6th February 2013
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

I'm just now moving from Reaper to Ableton as my main production environment (mainly to grab loops coming off my hardware). I've been thinking about picking up a second iPad from eBay so I can run Touchable and also be able to access Genome and other IOS apps at the same time. Ableton will serve as the master clock for my hardware via a Syncgen IILS, which will clock a Machinedrum, a 777, and Genome on the iPad, which I use together with a Kenton 4 channel MIDI-> CV converter to sequence the modular. Should be a pretty nice workflow. But first, I need to buy a new wireless card for my studio computer... it's currently offline so I can't use Touchable!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search