JazzMutant Lemur - Stuck multiball near the lateral boarders. Is this a true problem?
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

JazzMutant Lemur - Stuck multiball near the lateral boarders. Is this a true problem?

Hi all

I got a JazzMutant Lemur recently but have been noticing a small problem.

If I put a multiball object close to the boarder of the screen, I sometimes notice that when moving the ball, sometimes it gets stuck, which can destroy the playing when I'm using it to emulate a Kaossilator as I end up getting the note retriggered.
This happens in the middle of the lateral boarders (haven't noticed this behavior in other areas of the touchpad)

Is this a common problem from this kind of technology and I only have to avoid putting those objects in those boarders, or might my Lemur have some real problem?

Thanks in advance,
All the best

Paulo
Old 4th February 2013
Gear addict

I won't be able to help you with this, but I'm just interested as to why you didn't choose to go with the iPad and the app? I thought they were almost identical? Sorry for being off topic!
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

I also ask that myself :P

But some of the reasons why I decided to go for the hardware version include the design, which I think is great, the bigger screen (it could still be bigger, but it has a nicer size for these tasks than the iPad) and better stability for OSC (I don't have anything to run OSC now, but I intend to get a Kyma system in the future).

I want to use more than one controller with Lemur, so I thought it would be a good choice to get the hardware version, but I intend to get the app later on too.
And I also intend to sell some controllers I have that will go for more than what the Lemur cost me and that I wouldn't sell otherwise, which was also a really important reason.

But yep, you should be fine with an iPad, despite I haven't tried that app...

And back on topic, I have now a small video to illustrate what I meant.
Just take a look at the first seconds, when my finger goes up, as it's easily noticeable that the ball gets behind for a couple of times.
Sorry for the sound, as I did it with my iPad and was using the internal microphone...

Here goes the video:

It happens only in the lateral boarders and mainly in center of them...

Is this supposed to happen and I should just leave a small security margin from the boarder?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search