Have you ever managed to re-create a sound you were after?
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

Have you ever managed to re-create a sound you were after?

This question occured to me while I was replying to a "how do I get this xxxxx sound". Since there are a few gazillion ways of doing things, has anyone ever managed to actually re-create some sound with as much accuracy as intended?

There are tons of posts of this kind, but I can't remember ever seeing anyone really doing it succesfully.
Old 1st February 2013
Gear maniac

I re-created some sounds to the point where it would be impossible to get closer to the original sound without using the same synth originally used. Each synth has his own characteristics and most of the times you can't reproduce them. IMO there isn't much you can do about that.
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

That's what I was thinking, getting a 1:1 match is somewhat impossible without knowledge of the original gear it was produced on.
Old 1st February 2013
Banned

i achieve any day to CREATE sounds i am after.. the trick is simple.. you need to imagine the sound you want in all its phantastic world dominating glory.. do it.. and accept that it get a bit less glorious ... And..to be fair.. just reaching 50% of world dominating glory is already better than 99,8% of the worlds preset sounds.. Bullshit,.. even better because i need to listen to 2000 presets to find one i like.. while with my own creations i am close to a 100% like quote..

But there is one catch.. its so many new sounds i do this way thats sometimes impossible to find them again a year later.. and when i try to reprogram them.. even knowing what machines was in use and having maybe an early stage of the patch available ..I allways fail... gone is gone :-/

even when i spend 10 times the time.. i dont get there ..And you know why? because on recreating you want 100% and 50% is never enough..

So as a copycat you allways loose..even when you only copy yourself..

So dont waste time on an unachivable 100% alike.. especially when its about being alike somebody else.

Very likely that the original creator couldĀ“nt get it 100% alike too
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search