New Reply
Subscribe
ciur
1st February 2013
Old 1st February 2013
Gear interested

minitaur settings saving and general hw synth workflow

Hello,

I'm new here. I just bought a Minitaur and i have to say that it sounds awesome.
It is my first hardware synth, so i need some help and advices on the optimal usage.

I use Logic Pro but my question is unrelated.

What i have to do to save current minitaur settings preset for each song i'm making? For example: i'm doing a bass for a song and a lead for another song with minitaur. What is the best solution that all producers out there use to save those two settings for switching your work from a song to another without reprogramming your sound everytime?

My first idea was to save a preset from the editor for each instruments of each song and reload it manually from the front panel (or from the editor) each time i start to work on a song... but i think this is pretty lame.
Is there a way to save current Minitaur settings on a MIDI region on my DAW? Is it possible to save midi data on my first MIDI region in my track, in order to tell Minitaur to use those settings on this particular track on pressing play? I think this is similar to an Automation... But is there a way to record all the entire minitaur current preset via midi in my DAW region with one command to avoid to record midi data for each knob and button?

Even if this is possible, is this the best way to work with hardware synths?

Thank you for your time!

Ciao
Stefano
ciur
1st February 2013
Old 1st February 2013
Gear interested

SOLVED! from the Moog Music Forum:

Quote:
by EMwhite » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:02 am

Unlike the Little Phatty and some other Moog products, there is no panel button sequence (and obviously no LCD display / menus) to have Minitaur push the current panel settings via SysEx. (in which case, a program on your PC or laptop could capture the SysEx, for instance).

But there are SysEx commands built in to request the panel, any particular preset, and in addition, one that requests that all parameters are dumped as a sequence of CC commands. (I'll see about trying the latter this evening of nobody beats me to it) but I think the thought would be that you could send the SysEx command from a simple utility such as SysEx Librarian on your Mac (that's what I use), while recording within Logic.

Logic would then have the full cc midi stream which you can cut/paste for changes/breaks, etc.

The only hazard would be pushing in new settings while a sound was in release stage (or even sustain stage for that matter) : ) The SysEx command processor is always listening and the Editor uses this mechanism so it ought to work just fine.

Check "minitaur_sysex_info.txt" which is within the .zip file in the Downloads section: Moog Music Inc ... nloads-tab
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search