Turntable + Mackie 1640i Issue
New Reply
Subscribe
SDC
29th January 2013
Old 29th January 2013
Gear maniac

Turntable + Mackie 1640i Issue

Hey guys, i am experiencing some issues when trying to connect my Thorens 125 mkII to my mixer/interface, the Mackie 1640i.

When i connect my turntable to the Onyx, i have this loud noise, kind of ground loop.
BUT, if i connect the turntable directly to my amp, i have no noise.
Other side note is, if i connect the tape out from the amp to 1640i, the amp starts to having the same noise.

So:

Turntable - Tube Pre-amp - 1640i = Noise
Turntable - Amp = No Noise
Turntable - Amp - 1640i = Noise

Any ideas?
29th January 2013
Old 29th January 2013
Gear interested

Make sure everything is plugged into the same outlet or the same power strip.Use a short run of cables if you are using RCA cables. Try different channels on the mackie. Try using the inserts on the mackie as well.

Try a three light tester on your outlet to make sure the ground is working at the outlet. Alot of the time they dont.

Good Luck
SDC
30th January 2013
Old 30th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvetvelvis View Post
Make sure everything is plugged into the same outlet or the same power strip.Use a short run of cables if you are using RCA cables. Try different channels on the mackie. Try using the inserts on the mackie as well.

Try a three light tester on your outlet to make sure the ground is working at the outlet. Alot of the time they dont.

Good Luck
Thanks for the sugestions, i will try them and report back
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search