Who is Lil' Louis? (Just wow!)
Brian Cares
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Gear addict

Who is Lil' Louis? (Just wow!)

Who is Lil' Louis?

A tale of Love and Understanding? Nope!
Take a look behind the curtains of Dj business.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Gear addict

I have no idea who Lil Louis is but still an interesting read
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homunculus View Post
I have no idea who Lil Louis is but still an interesting read
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Gear addict

Thanks for the link roginator
msl
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
msl
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

This was posted on Subsekt a while back. And I feel I have to say the promoters come across as pure amateur hour. They don't even know who his agent is ffs.

So what are doing booking anyone then?

Friends have booked him in the past, and had none of these problems. He's 'demanding' but thats ok a lot of it has to do with the technical parts of the rider. Urei Rotary mixer, etc.

27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Gear addict

I would've asked for a Skype meeting and screen captured it with audio, taking somebody's word by email for me is not enough when it's involving money especially if they want all the cash upfront
dgc
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
dgc
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homunculus View Post
I have no idea who Lil Louis is
What is the point in saying this on the internet? Are you just trying to show people that you're ignorant/ incapable of googling things?
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

So did they follow through with their legal threat in the end or what?

Guy was obviously too stoned to get out of bed that day.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

wow what a ******!
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
This was posted on Subsekt a while back. And I feel I have to say the promoters come across as pure amateur hour. They don't even know who his agent is ffs.

+1 just read the whole thing. the site actually gives the promoters a bad look imo. they shouldn't have cut corners and booked him a direct flight. besides i don't see any kind of contract or cancellation clause. louis does offer them a rescheduling. the whole thing was poorly handled on the promoters part.. it sucks if they did get burned but they probably should have never wired 100% advance with no contract or agent involved..
BM0
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
BM0
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post

Friends have booked him in the past, and had none of these problems. He's 'demanding' but thats ok a lot of it has to do with the technical parts of the rider. Urei Rotary mixer, etc.

I would have to agree about amateur hour. They should have just walked away once they corresponded directly with him and received his terms. He wanted more than what they expected.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Gear maniac

I cant believe a one hit wonder from the dark ages can charge that kinda rent!

That tune was super huge though.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoBongo View Post

that was the first thought I had man.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoBongo View Post

The guy has played his part in the scene from early doors and has knocked out more than one great track so deserves respect but i agree with what your saying.

I read this through and came to the conclusion the promoters are a couple of fools and got what they deserved.

Pure amateur hour
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Can't believe I read all that...

Interesting though... Shame still...

Zz.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Studio

bit harsh to say the promotors were amateurs...at the end of the day this pathetic louis character behaved like a giant baby. If he was not happy with the terms he should not have agreed to them.
Brian Cares
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Gear addict

Well, i kinda know both sides of the arrangement. As a Dj it sucks if things get crazy and uncomfortable on the road. As a promoter, some Djs in the biz can be a major PITA.

In this case both sides made mistakes. The promoters indeed appear a bit noobish, but they´re enthusiastic and give their best to make stuff happen.

All that "booker" crap is way overrated anyways imho. There are good guys out there. But the majority just tries to make money off of peoples backs by doing nothing. (Edit: Actually its girls most of the time and there are really good ones, but still...)

And i see the fact, that there are cases of non-refundable deposits. Nothing mentioned in the pamphlet about that though. And i´ve never experienced that personally even though we have booked quite a handful US big names. We´ve only been burned once by C2 who´s agency wanted to book the overseas flights by themselfes and we had to send them the money upfront. Apparently the guy was in Prague and came by train. That was 3k€ in his pocket. But well, at least he appeared.

In this case, Lil´Louis is beeing a total d!ck. 12k is a lot of money.
If all of his story was true he should have kept 2.5k for expenses and inconveniences and sent 10k back to the guys.

Re: professionalssm: Its being said that PVD appears to have an exact copy of his setup on every continent and all the files on a server. At this scale this just seems approbriate. In the digital age there´s no reason to cancel a gig completey. Just download your tracks or, if not available, have someone, eg your brother upload the stuff.

The whole story smells fishy to me.
And to be honest, i find all that DJ mumbojumbo to be pretty pathetic too.
These guys play records for christs sake. Yeah right, history and stuff, but c´mon
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Head

Quite why no one adds grunting girls to tracks these days is beyond me.. These days, the secret ingredient seems to be saying something about getting ready to go out on a Friday night and how great it will be.

Someone needs to get a girl to grunt OVER a track about getting ready to go out on a Friday night and how great it will be.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Studio

i ll read this latter this night ...

PEACE

MORDICUS
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
bit harsh to say the promotors were amateurs...at the end of the day this pathetic louis character behaved like a giant baby. If he was not happy with the terms he should not have agreed to them.
I dunno mate, its appears from what i read that they were so enthusiastic to book the guy they missed every warning under the sun along the way.

If thats not amateurish i dont know what is...
I'd say its a fair assesment based on the dialogue.

Personally i'd have ran a mile!

Ps, the artist does'nt come across in a good light either i must say
dgc
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
dgc
Gear Head

Lil Louis is definitely no one hit wonder... Amazing how few people here have actually heard of him... but that's gearslutz for ya.

Promoters were def a bit amateurish in handling the situation, and the fact that he's on the internet trying to slander the guy and crying about his money speaks to that. Not that I'm defending Louis by any means, but it's hard to sympathize. If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

So, are you saying, that just because they gave him the opportunity to cheat, it is okay that he did? Like, when I go into the corner shop, and no one is in there for a minute, I will take my goods home for free?
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Im not but if people act like fools they are normally treat that way.

Its an embarrassing tail from whatever angle you look at it.

To add, we are only getting one side of the story in this instance also
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
So, are you saying, that just because they gave him the opportunity to cheat, it is okay that he did? Like, when I go into the corner shop, and no one is in there for a minute, I will take my goods home for free?
Yeah, I'm sorry but being new doesn't make this the promoters' fault in any way. That was theft pure and simple, and they have a pretty clear legal avenue to go after him, those emails constitute a written agreement that he's pretty obviously violated and lied about.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

The sad thing is it will probably cost them more than he owes in legal fee's to push through with any litigation making it a pointless exorcise.

I guess thats why they've resorted to the public shame route...
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanker View Post
The sad thing is it will probably cost them more than he owes in legal fee's to push through with any litigation making it a pointless exorcise.

I guess thats why they've resorted to the public shame route...
You're probably right, though they could try to get their legal fees from him as well. If they can prove he was lying they can try to show malicious intent.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

fwiw i dont see it like that. louis made his demands clear: direct flight on united. they didn't listen and look what happened. the real issue seems to be that louis wants to reschedule the tour, the other party wants a refund. the whole thing is a mess and could have probably been avoided if the promoters went through the proper channels..
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanker View Post
I dunno mate, its appears from what i read that they were so enthusiastic to book the guy they missed every warning under the sun along the way.
yeah apart from the fact that music posted sounds like total sh1te. But still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
I completely agree with this...

I dont think they were 'fools' perhaps they tried to push something too hard - and got taken advantage of.

Its curious how unforgiving people can be with the benefit of hindsight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax View Post
fwiw i dont see it like that. louis made his demands clear: direct flight on united. they didn't listen and look what happened. the real issue seems to be that louis wants to reschedule the tour, the other party wants a refund. the whole thing is a mess and could have probably been avoided if the promoters went through the proper channels..
ok but if Louis wanted direct flight with united he should not have gone ahead-and then taken their money. It looks like he falsified his reason for not showing up out of sheer bloody mindedness. Thats not ok-he behaved like a child in my book. He has not taken into account their position in terms of arrangements, and he made no effort to arrange flight refund...

Honestly - if you accept this type of behaviour then any DJ can just throw his toys out of the pram and its ok.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax View Post
Nah, he accepted the Air Canada flight, by his own words and by getting on it he provided consent. The United argument wouldn't wash.

Nor can he not show up to an event, lie about it, and then demand the organizers put together another tour for him after he already screwed over 3 long planned events for them; not if he has no proof that he even tried to get there. Even if he wanted to go the new tour route, he'd still have to return the money or agree to new terms. He can't just keep it and hold them hostage if they don't give him what he wants.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

I'm amazed that this whole thing went as far as the promoter advertising his presence (without a commitment) and sending him money? I would have cut my losses right as soon as he says he doesn't know the Youri guy. There is nothing coming from this guy that is professional, it is all fishy and wishy-washy...if you're not in touch with his real (?) agent (any of the supposed 3) then you don't have a gig. Furthermore, the promoters are absolutely idiots for dragging this on so long without taking a hint, there is over a year's worth of correspondence that plainly is going nowhere. Shame on both of them, really.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search