New Reply
Subscribe
getmethough
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Gear addict

909 Parts / Technology Transplant .com

I brought a load of 909 spares from Need a Fix? - Technology Transplant

its been a week and i havent heard anything about shipping, I sent them an email through the site & havent had any sort of reply

does anyone have any experience with this company or have an alternative way of contacting them? Im starting to get a little worried!

Im kinda waiting on one of these parts so I just want to know whats going on!

getmethough
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Gear addict

Anyone?
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Guru

It took me a while to get a response from Cy as well (JP6 spare parts). Try it again with URGENT: SHIPPING STATUS in the subject? That was in Summer 2010 however.

After ordering I had to wait 3 days for a tracking code and an order number. You didn't get those?
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
BM0
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I bought replacement 909 pots from them about 8-9 years ago. No issues getting them back then.
On a more helpful note, they worked great. I don't own that 909 anymore however.
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Ive read this guy can be a bit sketchy with communication - but for what its worth I ordered a replacement panel for my Source from him and it came...fingers crossed....
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Gear maniac

I've ordered 808 parts from them and my order was missing pieces. They sent me the missing parts plus a few extra items. I was satisfied.
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Gear addict

thanks for all the replies

Happy to say that everything turned up today, everything looks like its present and correct

The dude never got back to me but on my messages, which would have helped my peace of mind.....but now everything is here Im more than satisfied (providing it all works lol) looks good at the moment though!

Im gonna take these to my tech an I'll let u know how I get on!
17th February 2013
Old 17th February 2013
Lives for gear

I've opened a PayPal dispute against Technology Transplant for some Juno 60 3-way switches that I ordered a month ago and I've had no confirmation of shipping and no replies to my emails.

Yeah, yeah... I'm expecting the typical "slow shipping in Jan, Feb, Mar, April because of Chinese New Year" bullshit excuse. Is it that hard to email a shipping notice in 2013?

Figured the dispute email would get Cy's attention but I guess I'll have to escalate this one.

edit: Well, the switches arrived which is terrific but waiting for 3+ weeks with no communication really isn't a good way to do business. It's a good thing I decided to wait a few more days before escalating my PayPal claim. The lack of response probably generates more email from people with questions than if they got at least a token 'Your order has shipped' message. Plus, why risk annoying your customers by forcing them to start the PayPal dispute process? For every person like me who decides to wait there's gotta be just as many who get antsy and escalate -- then TT has to prove to PayPal that they actually shipped the item. Seems like more work than just simply communicating.

Ok, rant over.
18th February 2013
Old 18th February 2013
Vintage Synth Dealer

my experiences with TT have always been good.
he probably gets tons of messages and has lots of work to do.
id recommend just waiting patiently and being understanding. running a small mail order business can be very demanding.
mini
- Huge Selection, Dependable Service
- http://www.123synthland.com (redirects)
18th February 2013
Old 18th February 2013
Lives for gear

great experience with him on some replacement 606 parts back in the day.
6th March 2013
Old 6th March 2013
Gear interested

I ordered some 606 parts just a month plus one week ago. No communication whatsoever. I sent two messages with no response, and then started a Paypal dispute on the 30-day mark. Hopefully the parts will come in before I escalate.
17th April 2013
Old 17th April 2013
Gear maniac

I am having a similar problem, ordered moog mg-1 replacement pots on the 8th, it's now the 17th and in my account the order status is still pending:

Order History

04/08/2013 Pending

why bother saying they will update my account with a tracking number if they are just going to sit on their asses for 2 weeks or more.

i do plenty of mail order and never make my customers wait more than over the weekend to ship an item. if there is ever any kind of issue filling the order i contact my buyer immediately. this is just bad business. i have faith that my order will ship but i think they should change the shipping info on their site to read something like:
"items ship from hong kong generally whenever the **** we feel like it, you will not be emailed, and your account will never be updated with tracking information after mailing." lol oh well nobody else has these pots so i am stuck waiting for this place. i have to say that in the future i will avoid ordering from them if possible based on this experience and the others posted here.
25th April 2013
Old 25th April 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan View Post
I am having a similar problem, ordered moog mg-1 replacement pots on the 8th, it's now the 17th and in my account the order status is still pending:

Order History

04/08/2013 Pending

why bother saying they will update my account with a tracking number if they are just going to sit on their asses for 2 weeks or more.

i do plenty of mail order and never make my customers wait more than over the weekend to ship an item. if there is ever any kind of issue filling the order i contact my buyer immediately. this is just bad business. i have faith that my order will ship but i think they should change the shipping info on their site to read something like:
"items ship from hong kong generally whenever the **** we feel like it, you will not be emailed, and your account will never be updated with tracking information after mailing." lol oh well nobody else has these pots so i am stuck waiting for this place. i have to say that in the future i will avoid ordering from them if possible based on this experience and the others posted here.
25th April 2013
Old 25th April 2013
Gear interested

I can't even get so far as to place the order cause i can't get the account validation code to work......rrrrr
25th April 2013
Old 25th April 2013
Gear maniac

i don't think you need the account to order... thats only to sign up for his discount. I recently bought a few things, while there was no other confirmation than paypal, the stuff took a couple weeks but still made it alright.

• J P 8 • J P 6 • J P 4 • J P 8 K • S H 5 • S H 1 0 1 • P R O P H E T 1 0 • P R O O N E • O B 8 •
• M E M O R Y M O O G • M I N I M O O G • M U L T I M O O G • M S 2 0 M I N I • A R P O D Y S S E Y 2800 & 2813 • K O R G 7 7 0 • O C T A V E C A T • E M L S Y N K E Y •
• C H R O M A P O L A R I S • C R U M A R P E R F O R M E R • Y A M A H A C S 1 5 • C S 4 0 • C S 5 0 • M I N I B R U T E • R E 5 0 1 • R E 2 0 1 x2•
• E T C •
25th April 2013
Old 25th April 2013
Gear maniac

lolwut, try another browser or something? i had no problem paying, just haven't had any luck yet getting shipping confirmation haha. btw i just responded to your email on the mg-1 yahoo group as well with the exact page for just the slider pots.

edit@ last post before mine came through, i was able to make an account just fine all of like 3 weeks ago.
9th May 2013
Old 9th May 2013
Gear maniac

so it has officially been a month and the only thing that has happened yet on my order is:
Code:
Order History

04/08/2013	Pending	 
04/27/2013	Processing
does anyone know if this means my order has finally shipped? had i known this was going to take so long i would have just replaced with rotary pots. i prefer those anyway, even if it would have been a hassle to wire.

just opened a paypal dispute. hopefully they get this out before the 28th when i will be forced to escalate it.
13th May 2013
Old 13th May 2013
Gear Head

Couldn't find anywhere else to buy it, so just ordered an 808 battery holder from TT.

Then found this thread. Curious to see how long it takes now.
24th May 2013
Old 24th May 2013
Gear maniac

so after waiting a month (after paying already!) and getting no contact whatsoever i opened a paypal dispute. they refunded my money and never offered any apology for the delay or having my money for what ended up being well over a month. in the future i will just take some $20's wrinkle them up and shove them up my cats ass for a month, pull them back out and pretend i just dealt with tt.
7th July 2013
Old 7th July 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan View Post
so after waiting a month (after paying already!) and getting no contact whatsoever i opened a paypal dispute. they refunded my money and never offered any apology for the delay or having my money for what ended up being well over a month.
Can't say I wasn't warned. Exact same chain of events.
7th July 2013
Old 7th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsquirrel View Post
Can't say I wasn't warned. Exact same chain of events.
I think we should all stuff $20's up a cat's ass. :-)

When you're the only game in town (besides Syntaur, and I don't count vintageplanet.nl since they never seem to have slider caps and knobs anymore) you can afford to have poor customer service.
7th July 2013
Old 7th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post
I think we should all stuff $20's up a cat's ass. :-)

When you're the only game in town (besides Syntaur, and I don't count vintageplanet.nl since they never seem to have slider caps and knobs anymore) you can afford to have poor customer service.
Well there's also me... .

What slider caps and knobs do you need? I have a lot more parts than what's listed on my web page, just email me what you need and I'll respond...
8th July 2013
Old 8th July 2013
Lives for gear

^
In Doug we trust and CA is a lot closer than Shenzhen.

My experience with TT has been negative overall: NO communication ever (a dozen orders). 101 slider kit had the pot bodies with a tab that didnt fit the 101 PCB, 606 tact kit had all the transistors stuffed backwards. Despite what they claim to offer (remanufacuerd parts for old kit) all I have seen is garbage Chinese shite
8th July 2013
Old 8th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougt View Post
Well there's also me... .

What slider caps and knobs do you need? I have a lot more parts than what's listed on my web page, just email me what you need and I'll respond...
Whoops! Didn't mean to exclude you, Doug. (/embarassed)

What I'm looking for in Sliders:

Jupiter 4 slider caps (x2)
Chroma Polaris slider caps (a whole lot of them)
Chroma Polaris sliders (a whole lot of them)
Akai S-612 record knob (similar to the other S-series grey knobs with red highlight, but it's a black knob. Even just the red highlight portion is fine)

^---The above I should be able to find fairly easily

The following I'm probably going to need custom runs done, or find a donor machine:

Kawai/Teisco S-100p: preset toggle selector cap (white)

** I've never seen anything else with this style of cap, it looks vaguely like the Yamaha preset synth type caps from the same era but they definitely aren't the same **

Jupiter 4 preset selector cap (grey)
** These caps for Alps switches can be found on a lot of the older Roland and Acetone drum machines, but it would be a shame to cherry pick one off a perfectly good analog drum machine **
9th July 2013
Old 9th July 2013
Gear maniac

9th July 2013
Old 9th July 2013
Lives for gear

because Syntaur is officially selling TT parts, among other things. but with a hefty markup on top of their prices.

WTB: Qu-Bit Nebulae • ALM S.G.B. • Tip Top Studio Bus • QuNexus
FS: Waldorf Q blue kbd v32 • Maxon Vactrol Phaser • ADAM P22A monitors • Kenton Pro2000 mkII
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search