Roland Vp9000 time shift
New Reply
Subscribe
FX23
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

Roland Vp9000 time shift

hi, i currently have a sample in the Roland VP9000 that is 130bpm, but ive changed the project tempo to 135bpm, is there anyway to timestretch the sample to 135bpm then resample it?
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

I'm not positive but I think you can lock the time to a clock. Shouldn't even have to resample it as it does all this in real time. Check the manual.
FX23
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

how would one "lock" the sample of which you speak?
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

It's in one of the menus. Been a while since I've used mine. It's in my friends studio and he's got a couple that he regularly uses so i will ask him and get back to you if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

Edit: okay, it's in the performance menu, in the palette display there is a set of locks for pitch and tempo etc. check p 51 of the manual.
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

The one piece of gear I've had laying around for about a decade.. that I feel ashamed I have barely touched.
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Gear addict

I know you could do it on the Varios, which was based on the VP.
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

@djugel: it's cool in some ways, severely gimped in others (no synth section to run your samples through because they only expected you to basically just use loops or acoustic sounds with it .... Uh okay roland you suck). Redundant menus sort of make make for convoluted menu diving. All in all kind of a frustrating experience for me so i just gave up on it. But does produce some exciting results. My Octatrack is coming in a couple of weeks or so which I'm really excited about, hope its a little bit easier to work with and less "rack-samplery"
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerton View Post
Redundant menus sort of make make for convoluted menu diving.
THIS!!

Yeah, I'm basically realizing this and now i'm getting my feet wet on it. Basically they don't make the Palette as clear as the JD/JV series. Makes setting up performances confusing... so I'd just jam on one sample.

Basically I'm coming back to it as a phrase recorder/sampler. Where polyphony is a none issue.
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Never used the jd/jv series. I really don't have too much experience with roland besides my mks30 and the vp. Two totally different eras of roland. Lol.

But I did have some fun chopping samples on it. Its a very good companion to another fuller featured sampler. I had trouble sometimes with setting up independent midi channels and I don't know why either because I set up all my midi channels right but there was probably some stupid parameter in some stupid sub menu that I had to push or something. Like I said ... Frustrating. My friend is an ace with them though so I just let him use it for the last few years. He'll probably keep it when I forget he has it ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search