Custom Tremolo/Modulation?
composerguy78
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear interested

Custom Tremolo/Modulation?

I love the tremolo effect -particularly on distorted pads with the gate turned up fully. However, I would like to be able to alter/modulate the pattern of tremolo so that it is not just like an LFO but a custom pattern.

Does anyone know if there is an AU (audio unit) plugin out there which would work as an effect (in the FX section of the channel strip, not the instrument section) so that I could use it over any plugin I am using?

Now, I know that I can do this kind of thing in Omnisphere by drawing it in or using a preset MOD pattern but I would love to be able to do this over any instrument ideally.

This would really be awesome. What would be especially cool is if I could play/perform the desired rhythm in.

I would appreciate any suggestions of ways of achieving this or plugins that would facilitate this.
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Head

23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

Your DAW may come with an FX that already does this as well. What DAWs are you using?
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin moon View Post
Your DAW may come with an FX that already does this as well. What DAWs are you using?
Yeah, I do this all the time with logic's noise gate, which has a sidechain input. So you can set up a funky drum loop or a little riff you bang out yourself on another track (name it "sidechain rhythm" or whatever), set that track to "no output" and then put the gate plugin on your pad track and set the input of the gate plugin to the "sidechain rhythm" track and play with the parameters of the gate plugin until it sounds right.
composerguy78
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Gear interested

Hi All,
Thanks so much for the suggestions! That's awesome. I am using Logic and I think Frico's suggestion is a great one. I also think I have Tremolator already so I'll check out that too!
Thanks for the other tips of those other plugins, - I look forward to checking out those too.
Much obliged one and all.
Felix
Sorry for the delay in getting back - I didn't have auto-notification set up.
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

tremolator is all you need.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search