sylenth soundbanks recomendation for a tired person
kacperson
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

sylenth soundbanks recomendation for a tired person

Hey lads ,well recently i was reading a lot how much people think sylenth can sound similar to certain otb synths and decided to give it a try.

I managed to finish one techno track with it and sounds good for me,i like the sound of this synth.

BUT what i hate are useless uninspiring prests,drowned in fx etc that are useless even for supporting farts during diarrhorea in toilet.

and i am not a great synth wizard. In my track i tweaked presets and managed to get something really nice,but i would love to know

if there are some soundbanks that actually are usefull ,sound great from scratch,insrpiring,not drowned in idiotic processing just to sound 'large' with ton of reverb and then dissapear when you remove it ? ?

I will add that my piece of pie is techno,progressive house etc kind mostly . I checked few free banks,i checked a lot of demos of commercial banks online and they are tragibad ,totally hindering full strenght of this great softsynth....
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
I see you posting that you are not a synth wizard rather frequently.

Stop lamenting, educate yourself and become one. Bootstraps!
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

Hey kacperson wouldn't it be nice if you can make the sounds you find inspiring all on your own?
Whilst I know this thread is not about you making your own sounds, I will recommend you learn a synth and at least give it a go. When I first started making music I only used presets. Then finally I said I want to make my own sounds so I read as much as I could about subtractive synthesis.
I have attached a file for you, it is a document I put together with information from the net, it is now a PDF file, this information is available to anyone who does a search on google so hope not breaking rules by posting such a file here on GS.
Read this document then read it again then read it again.
If you like what you are reading PM, I have plenty of notes all ready to go in PDF file. I do not like reading from the net so I print these off on paper.
Good luck with it all.
Subtractive Synthesis.pdf
kacperson
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

ehhh...ok thats also an option,will slowly try to educate. it is not like i base on presets,i tweak them a lot,i know how to change sound to my taste often making it totally other sound etc,but i need a basis,i am unabe to make something really sexy from INIT ...time to learn
msl
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacperson View Post
ehhh...ok thats also an option,will slowly try to educate. it is not like i base on presets,i tweak them a lot,i know how to change sound to my taste often making it totally other sound etc,but i need a basis,i am unabe to make something really sexy from INIT ...time to learn
Sure either way you are fine.
I just think sooner then later you may just want to learn how to make that sound!
I know this may not be what you want to hear however after I got the basics down about synthesis I felt it got a little easier each time to create the sound I wanted.
This may also sound corny but i use the old favorite and it works wonders, Imagine the sound, picture it in your head. I draw diagrams they works wonders for me also.

Sylenth is a truly awesome soft synth maybe even one of the best on the market, enjoy and best of luck.
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
Since nobody wants to answer your question I will.

Plughugger Soundsets

GS is not the best place to get an answer to this kind of thing. He want's presets!

I rely heavily on presets, mostly my own but not exclusively, I simply don't want to get into sound design for every part I want to create, it can totally de-rail the production.

My demos are very trancey but I believe in the right context a lot of the sounds can be used for anything, especially something as close as progressive house. You could check out my free bank in any case and/or listen to my audio demo

Aiynzahev Sylenth1 Trance Bank. Colours - 64 Presets. - YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/sylenth1-presets?in=aiyn-zahev/sets/sylenth1-colours-soundbank

Or Bluffmunkey has a good few banks, wider genre than mine but I think could be used for prog house depending again on what exact kind. I've got them so could put some sound examples up. I'd say they are at least worth it for the pads.

You could check out Arksun A lot of people who don't make trance say good things about his banks.

You could try freshly squeezed:
Sylenth1 Presets | Sylenth1 Electro Essentials Volume 1 - YouTube

Hard to think of Sylenth1 progressive house banks really but there must be some. It's one of the focuses for my next Sylenth1 bank though.
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
this.

I can take a preset and mess with it till its a totally different sound (something that I want to use) but I dont think I could get that sound if I started with INIT.

24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Gear nut

24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Come on, be creative, buy a 303 and start tweakin'
kacperson
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

hey guys ,thx for all responses,checking them right now...im in diffrent time zone so often looks like pissed on topic but thats not true
kacperson
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by evosilica View Post
Come on, be creative, buy a 303 and start tweakin'
would love to get into analog and otb stuff mate,but i live in poland and here it is yet not that easy to have enough spare money for such goodies...my first otb purchase will be minitaur i believe and its gonna happen soon,i fell in love with this small thing hearing it at friends place....also a lot of productions that i love from bass point of view were built usin it.
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

ähm, i was being sarcastic, my friend
kacperson
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

huh...considering name of this forum i thought its 100% legit advice :P
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Sound Designer

Did you already have checked all 1300+ presets of Sylenth1?

If so you don't need any other soundsets (because they're mostly trance and just derivates of the factory presets).
kacperson
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

yeah i did check them,some are nice but majority sounds like bilion crappy cheesy songs nowadays from mtv for me
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

maybe start layering your sounds more to get what you want. Maybe just a single preset/patch isnt enough?
kacperson
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mononym View Post
maybe start layering your sounds more to get what you want. Maybe just a single preset/patch isnt enough?
i do it quite often since some time,its part of my development as producer as i found it to be a great weapon
kacperson
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
@kacperson

You can check UXS stuff or Sample Magic and learn from these presets and then slowly create your own.

ULTIMATE X SOUNDS

Patches | Sample Magic

Cheers
shiet,this sample magic offer is quite bigi also checked demos and some of them sound really good
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Sound Designer

Quote:
yeah i did check them,some are nice but majority sounds like bilion crappy cheesy songs nowadays from mtv for me
Then just leave Sylenth1 alone and look for another synth (ANA for example)!
kacperson
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfunk View Post
Then just leave Sylenth1 alone and look for another synth (ANA for example)!
sylenth sounds great by itself,though bc of recent trend in "music" it is hard to get nice patches,as most of those available sound cheezy shitty guettisho swedisho house mafiosish But will check reviews about ana,i think i havent heard about this synth so gonna do it even just bc of curiosity
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search