Oberheim Matrix 1000 (vst or au) software for os x
chemik
21st January 2013
Old 21st January 2013
Gear interested

Oberheim Matrix 1000 (vst or au) software for os x

Hi guys !

I have recently bought my oberheim matrix 1000. I love the the patch bank but i really need some software to edit them or to create sounds from scratch.

Im using ableton and i would love to use some kind of vst, which i can use for editing patches on my matrix 1000.

I have found only some standalone stuff for editing. Hope you will help me guys !

Thanx n advance !
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear interested

I am planning on getting one as for use with Cubase on OSX and would like to do the same.
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear interested

So after doing some leg work MidiQuestXL seems like the only option. I wonder if it would be possible to do panel in ctrlr. If I understand correctly it needs to do sysex for everything? Lemur and TouchOSC both have available editors if you want to go the iOS route. I'm thinking about it but one thing all of them mention is that the CPU on the Matrix can't handle the amount of sysex and not playing you throw at it if you're wiggling.
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear interested

here's one option, haven't tried it though Panels | Ctrlr - Control your MIDI life

the matrix 1000 really can't handle fast realtime editing, instant stuttery stepping noise...you just have to think of it as a great soundmodule more than a realtime tweaking beast.
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear maniac

Was gonna recommend ctrlr actually. There is a matrix 6 panel already. Idk if the midi implementation is similar or not though.
chemik
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Gear interested

Hey guys, thanx for your reply !

I have dled ctrlr and yes - it opens as VST in my host.

Still cant make it work :| I suspect that i routed it not right ! so i send MIDI only on Matrix 1000, does matrix have to send midi to Ableton either ?

Maybe someone used Ctrlr or Midi quest and can give and advise or instruction how to do that from beginning to end

Thanx !
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Gear nut

I dont think ableton can send sysex...I think there are ways around this though (but I dont know them)
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
the kiwitechnics PE works pretty well with the 1000
chemik
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Gear interested

Guys, this question is still bothering me :

What is the RIGHT routing ? Does Oberheim Matrix 1000 have to send midi to computer either ?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search