Ddj-sx or traktor s2
New Reply
Subscribe
Dimension
21st January 2013
Old 21st January 2013
Gear maniac

Ddj-sx or traktor s2

Im trying to decide between 2 controllers but since ive never dj'd, what do you think between the 2?
Pioneer DJ
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS

I like the pads on the pioneer, but for the size and portability maybe it would be better to go with s4 and a midi fighter or something on the side?
21st January 2013
Old 21st January 2013
Gear maniac

Get both.
6th May 2013
Old 6th May 2013
Gear interested

Send a message via Yahoo to rockydjcorner Send a message via Skype™ to rockydjcorner
I own S4 and tried DDJ SX. I will still stay with S4 as it is easy for me to bring it anywhere. Traktor or Serato? Cant deny the effects from Traktor is keeping me and not decide to go for SX.
6th May 2013
Old 6th May 2013
Lives for gear

I have played both and I will say the Pioneer is way better than the S2.
Price wise it is a big difference though. The DDJ-SX is $1000 while the S2 is $500.

The feel of the DDJ is excellent. Quality built, great feel, laid out well and all the I/O you'd want or need.
The S2 is very nice as well, but only 2 channels of faders, no booth out and no dedicated filter control. That stands out as a problem for me. The S4 gives you those items missing except the booth out which is a big no no for me.

That said, do you like Traktor or Serato better? I like Traktor. I has Serato for years and it is pretty great, but I prefer Traktor now. The DDJSX you can map to Traktor, but it is not ready out of the box plus you need to buy the software.

I hope that helps some.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search