Advice - Korg Kaoss Pad 2 or mini KP 2
Old 18th January 2013
Gear nut

Advice - Korg Kaoss Pad 2 or mini KP 2

Second hand Korg Kaoss Pad 2 or a new mini KP2?

It'll be used for messing around with audio from a feed from an iPhone on top of my synth.

Live electro trio - vocalist plus me (one synth and this box) and a third person covering (at different times) bass and live drums.

When I say live - no sequences or backing. Only prerecorded stuff will be extra audio in the iPhone.

I've read the Kaoss Pad 2 is rugged and well built. I like that the KP2 runs off batteries and can fit in a coat pocked.

It'll be velcro'd to the top of my synth (next to the iphone). There's a stereo mini jack audio in on the synth which appears at the main outs. I can run from iPhone headphone out into Kaoss into there. Very compact and quick set-up if I can make this work.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
Old 11th August 2013
Gear Head

Honestly, If you're looking for the most features, go the KP2. However, having both the iphone and the MKP velcro'd to the top of the synth sounds like a great setup too. Id probably go the KP2 however, as I believe it can loop more than one sample, which I dont think the MKP can do (I could be wrong though).
Old 21st January 2014
I have a question about the KP mini or mini 2. Is it possible to pitch your voice / the incoming signal down in real time with either of these? Tried to search on youtube but the reviews on there are kinda badly made.
Old 21st January 2014
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsquash View Post
I have a question about the KP mini or mini 2. Is it possible to pitch your voice / the incoming signal down in real time with either of these? Tried to search on youtube but the reviews on there are kinda badly made.
Yes, it's possible.
Old 21st January 2014
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLawrence View Post
Honestly, If you're looking for the most features, go the KP2. However, having both the iphone and the MKP velcro'd to the top of the synth sounds like a great setup too. Id probably go the KP2 however, as I believe it can loop more than one sample, which I dont think the MKP can do (I could be wrong though).
The KP2 can hold two samples at once, but only one can be played or looped at a time. The samples can't be saved. I think the maximum length of each sample is something like 3.2 seconds. You'll want a KP3 if you want more than one sample looping at once as well as the ability to save those samples.
Old 21st January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticFlyer View Post
Yes, it's possible.
Thanks!
Old 21st January 2014
Lives for gear

KP2 can be pretty noisy ... Try for a KP3 ... Much better in every way ...

*** Does KP2 really run on batteries ... ? I don't remember that when I had one (briefly) ...
Old 21st January 2014
Gear interested
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametro View Post
KP2 can be pretty noisy ... Try for a KP3 ... Much better in every way ...
+1 for KP3
Old 21st January 2014
Gear interested

Tha Kaoss Pad 2 don't run on batteries.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search