Nord Lead 2x - fair price?
New Reply
Subscribe
Matz67
17th January 2013
Old 17th January 2013
Gear Head

Nord Lead 2x - fair price?

I'm thinking about buying one that is 7 years old, in good condition and one that's had one owner. Is 800 dollars a fair price for that or is it too steep?

I'm in Europe so I guess my question goes out to fellow Europeans as things are pricier overhere than in the US
17th January 2013
Old 17th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Seems a good price...ive seen them go from anything around $700-900 for the rack version so that seems decent enough...
17th January 2013
Old 17th January 2013
Lives for gear

Anything less than retail is a good price. Assuming you mean the rack as that can be had still for $1,100. If you mean the actual factual keyed synth then I must say, for 800USD, BUY IT YESTERDAY!
17th January 2013
Old 17th January 2013
Gear Head

cool, I will
17th January 2013
Old 17th January 2013
Gear addict

Make sure it looks mint. They are still new for $1499
17th January 2013
Old 17th January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I just sold mine SUPER MINT two weeks ago. Here are the pics in case you want to see. (also on my webpage is a free download to a EXS instrument I created if you want to "try the Nord Lead sound out". I sampled the basic sawtooth waves without filter or effects. You can play it in Logic.

NordLead2x

I tried selling on Craigslist but got nothing but scammers and lowballers wanting to buy it for $500.00

I originally purchased it from another buying on craigslist two years before that for 850.00 who took really good care of it.

Anyway I finally sold it on ebay after failing to do so on craigslist. Didn't get anything what I wanted for it but I figured I'd let it go into the auction and what's fair is fair, what people want to bid is what I'm going to get.

It sold for 760.00 not including 80 on shipping. I felt 800 to 850 was fair for the super flawless condition it was in but didn't get that. Ebay took 9% after the sale plus auction fees to post, then paypal took some more. So in the end I got 670.00. Pretty big loss since I bought it 850 bucks years ago, babied it and it was perfectly mint. I've seen some sell for more that are in worse condition.

This was the ended auction in case you want to see.
Clavia Nord Lead NL2X Keyboard Super Mint Clean 2X L2 X | eBay

Ebay sucks.
17th January 2013
Old 17th January 2013
Lives for gear

I picked up a 2x rack for $600 USD a year or so ago. I think that feels about right price wise.
Matz67
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLAND RAZZ View Post
Make sure it looks mint. They are still new for $1499
why does it have to look mint when I'm paying half the price of a new one almost?
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

Why don't you put the price in Euros then, if you're in Europe?
It would be much easier to help you then...

But using the current exchange rate, that's 600 euros.

If it's really mint, doesn't sound too expensive...
They cost around 1000 euros new, so, if it's really mint, it's not that bad.
But as always, you might always be able to get it for a cheaper price
It depends on how much you want it...
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matz67 View Post
why does it have to look mint when I'm paying half the price of a new one almost?
Because they are out there for the price you are seeking with a little searching and luck, so why not? But this is my hang up and to each his or her own.
Matz67
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Head

I should have put the price in Euros that's correct

but about the synth, I don't think it's a 100% mint, it is 7 years old so maybe I should try and get an 80 euro discount or something?

There's no danger in buying an "old" synth like that is there? they can last a long time right?
18th January 2013
Old 18th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matz67 View Post
I should have put the price in Euros that's correct

but about the synth, I don't think it's a 100% mint, it is 7 years old so maybe I should try and get an 80 euro discount or something?

There's no danger in buying an "old" synth like that is there? they can last a long time right?
Sure these are just some of my thoughts. Even an extremely old synth that has been treated well or at least fixed and kept well maintained can and should still be near mint condition. Also if it is in bad or even average shape to me that speaks to how it was treated. Mint is not just cosmetic but could also tell a story as to how the inside has been affected by the treatment. For example, despite gigging every weekend with my Roland D-50 and M1 for over 4 years they were both like new when I sold them, once the cigarette smell went away; an unfortunate annoyance of the time.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search