One Shot Drum Kits Layered with Obscure, Experimental & Digital Sound Fx ???
Petros
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear addict

One Shot Drum Kits Layered with Obscure, Experimental & Digital Sound Fx ???

I am currently looking to purchase & upgrade my digital Drum Kit Collection, and I am on the hunt looking for big and wide hard-knocking Drum Kits....but not your average, generic "breakbeat" or acoustically studio recorded type of drum kits. I'm wondering if there are any libraries out there, that include experimental, odd, eerie, ethnic & electronic type drum kits that would have sound fx (like digital, ambient or phaser shots layered overtop of a drum for example). I'm prolly doing a horrible job explaining what I am looking for, considering it's not that easy to describe such...The closest collections/libraries to what I am seeking for that I can recall, would be the "Synthetic Drum Kit" packages and the "Substitutes For Snares" kit. I guess the easiest way to put it are Drum Kits that have short one shot sound effects layered over top of each kick, snare, hi-hat and etc.

Thank you and I'd like to wish everyone a blessed and joyous New Year!
Petros
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Gear addict

Anyone please? As there are many Drum Kit packages currently for sale online only for a very limited period of time (another 2 days or so). I'd like to try and make my purchases before the X-mas discounts expire. Any insight, help or sort of direction would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my GT-I9100M
Petros
10th January 2013
Old 10th January 2013
Gear addict

????
11th January 2013
Old 11th January 2013
Lives for gear

this is absolutely something you should do for yourself. get any waveform editor for any computer platform, compile drum hits that you like and one-shots that you like, and mix and layer one shot fx and drum hits. If you want that really cool sound you hear in your head, the only way to really get it is to do the work to make it happen. that's what's good. go for it.

...and if you haven't the time or can't be arsed, I'd say search for "industrial" kits and construction sets for the likeliest source of weirdo but hard drum sounds.
Petros
11th January 2013
Old 11th January 2013
Gear addict

Thank you so much. Finally a very appreciative response. I wish we could get some more opinions on this....

Sent from my GT-I9100M
11th January 2013
Old 11th January 2013
Lives for gear

Do it yourself. It isn't hard. Make your own sounds with any synth and layer on top of the drums you already have..

Work for your music.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search