Ensoniq Transwave files?
New Reply
Subscribe
Starspawn
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

Ensoniq Transwave files?

Hey, since the TS10 has a small selection of transwaves Im looking for more of the old original transwaves from the VFX SD1 and so on.
I also make my own, Id just like to have some more of the originals, so if anyone have them as samples or ensoniq files please let me know
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starspawn View Post
Hey, since the TS10 has a small selection of transwaves Im looking for more of the old original transwaves from the VFX SD1 and so on.
I also make my own, Id just like to have some more of the originals, so if anyone have them as samples or ensoniq files please let me know
There is a CD out there called "the Art of Transwaves". If you have a SCSI CD hooked to your Ensoniq might be worth considering.
Starspawn
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

Already bought it.
Ive got the floppy changed for a HxC emulator, so theres tons of space, but partitioning that CD down to floppy sizes (the downside of the emulator) is an ongoing project, especially as the chickensys program (which I use but havent bought, since it doesnt work to well by the demo) only auditions a single cycle of each transwave.
Mostly Ive been using the Blofeld wavetable creator and whatever singlecycle samples I can find or make.
But Im a bit ahead of myself and would like to go back to basics for a bit.
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starspawn View Post
Already bought it.
Ive got the floppy changed for a HxC emulator, so theres tons of space, but partitioning that CD down to floppy sizes (the downside of the emulator) is an ongoing project, especially as the chickensys program (which I use but havent bought, since it doesnt work to well by the demo) only auditions a single cycle of each transwave.
Mostly Ive been using the Blofeld wavetable creator and whatever singlecycle samples I can find or make.
But Im a bit ahead of myself and would like to go back to basics for a bit.
LOL, I've got the HxC Rev C in my EPS16+. I have a fizmo too. I had ambitions of developing some transwaves, but the fizmo really is a transwave beast. I also have a blofeld keys and I use that wavetable creator as well. I quite like the sounds you can get from a wavetable. I especially like how wavetables give a timbre movement.
Starspawn
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

Nice
Thing is Ive only seriously stuck my head into synths this year, and even now use the TS10 mostly as a guitar synth unless I get frustrated/distracted and fiddle around with all the other functions without aim.
So I use the specialized mono-modes, extensive layerchanges going from almost silent (the equalient of background feedback and ambience) to plucks morphing to synthmodulation.
Using Hold modes from the Roland box to avoid note off problems.
It works, but, it doesnt sound to great yet, I can play it somewhat expressively which was hard enough to manage, but thats also where I need to work more with the engine.
The transwaves I make end up with to much expression of their own, and I want to play/use the engine rather than program to much movement into the waves.
More tones than effects.
At least for the voices I play with guitar and CC pedals.
Its easier to play along with the LFO or Envelopes going several places than it is with a preset radical change thats only happening in one tone.

So then the Fizmo becomes part of the ideal.
I want to have more simple waves to try with so I can find more of those expressive ways to tweak the engine and understand it better.
Its a lot of modulation to understand and examples of good use helps

Do you know what modulation parameters on the Fizmo made it into knobs for instance?
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012

do a search there's been some good threads about the Fizmo
F - effect modulation
I - wave modulation
Z - brightness
M - detuning (jeej)
O - Sys4 Control

for sale EURORACK MODULAR CASE

Starspawn
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks, didnt think to search as it was a bit off tangent, a lot of good info on here.
I think you said it best in one thread, its about finding some point where one sound collapses and another begins.
Need to learn that using simple means first.
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012

This is what i used for building transwaves on Ensoniq TS-10:

Tranzilon
1st January 2013
Old 1st January 2013
Gear Head

You also can try "Audio-Term" for creating transwaves. But since I've no idea how to write *.efe files directly, you have to convert the wavetables/transwaves from *.wav to *.efe using third party software.

Here's the link to the Audio-Term thread at kvr:

KVR: A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

Intentionally it was planned to build a kind of "PPG Waveterm" for the ASR10, but since I had to sell the ASR developement focus changed to other wavetable synths. But some people told me that they used Audio-Term with their TS10/EPS/ASR.
Starspawn
1st January 2013
Old 1st January 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks guys
While I have your attention, is there really no better program to layer samples/transwaves than midi/disk tools, and no better to create disk images than EPSdisk?
Youd think at least chickensys would have included that in translator, but I cant find it.
Alternatively a way to make quick-commands for dos?
Im no programmer, but I can set up paths/commands if there is a tool for it.
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
This is what i used for building transwaves on Ensoniq TS-10:

Tranzilon

Just noticed this program was made for the ASR-10. I will be trying this soon. Were you able to come up with useable results?
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
Gear Head

In addition to my post above here are two *.efe transwave files. May be one of the Ensoniq users wants to test them..

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11...54/ENSONIQ.efe

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11...54/MICRO-Q.efe

Both sound files where resynthesized with Audio-Term and converted to Ensoniq format using FMJ Awave. They consist of 128 transwave slices with 256 samples each. Inital loop is from sample 0 to 257.

'ENSONIQ.efe' is a resynthesized male voice speaking "Ensoniq", "MICRO-Q.efe" is a conversion of the Waldorf Micro Q Wavetable 2.

Edit:

For those, who cannot test the files:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11...niq_Chords.mp3

This was done using the ENSONIQ transwave with Wusikstation VSTi (2 layers, loop position modulation by LFO, LFO synced to note on).

Last edited by blacktomcat666; 3rd January 2013 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: audio example added
Starspawn
3rd January 2013
Old 3rd January 2013
Lives for gear

Cheers for more examples, Ill test making a few different versions of about the same transwave to see what program I prefer.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search