Bargain Brag... Slutty Craigslist Haul
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Bargain Brag... Slutty Craigslist Haul

Bought the following for $550.
  • Roland A-80 (No backlight and keys below C2 dead/fire at full velocity. I'm going to try to clean it and if that doesn't work I will have it serviced because it feels damn nice. Polyphonic aftertouch!!!)
  • JLCooper Electronics MSB 16/20 Midi Router/patchbay
  • Korg Wavestation A/D
  • Edirol UM-880 Midi interface
  • Soundcraftsmen 250W A2502 Power Amp
  • Roland Studio M
  • Korg KEC-42
  • Roland M-120
  • Proteus Orchestral
  • Peavey Ultraverb
  • Behringer Virtualizer Pro (will not stay on unless you hold down the power button)
  • Rane 6 Channel Headphone amp (Proprietary Power cord not included)
  • 2x 20 point 1/4" Patchbays
  • Gorilla TC-35 Amp (haha, Christmas present for acoustic guitar player friend of mine
  • M-Audio Keyrig 49 with busted USB port (cable Soldered into body of controller, works fine
  • Koolance 2x 140MM reservoir, fans, and enclosure (random computer water cooling item)

I love buying a ton of stuff at once. Dissapointing about the A-80, but it's worth getting repaired or trying to do it myself, it has a great hammer graded key bed and I'd like to learn to play the piano better. And did I mention polyphonic aftertouch?!
Attached Thumbnails
Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2565.jpg   Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2567.jpg   Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2574.jpg   Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2559.jpg   Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2537.jpg  

Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2539.jpg  
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Oh and a yamaha RX 17 haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-imageuploadedbygearslutz1355468265.566936.jpg  
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

You bugger!

I just got a Roland Jv880 for free off of Kijiji though! Still... Wavestation goodness.... Yum.

alexP
Old 14th December 2012
Gear addict

Nice score. I think I paid half that ... just for my um-880. :(
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Hate the player.

If you think that's bad, the guy bought all this stuff for $350 in a storage unit auction.

I still haven't checked all of the connections and tested everything, but it's promising that it all turns on.

Definitely excited to mess around with that Wavestation, but I imagine that it will inevitibly be sold since it's a digital rack-mount and there's a VST version of it.

I'm having trouble deciding whether to keep the Edirol or not. I just bought an Emagic AMT-8, but I haven't been able to edit the patches in Mountain Lion yet, so as of now it's just an 8-in 8-out midi interface with no routing or channelization. I want to try to set up the Edirol to do channel filtering in stand alone mode. But given the prices on ebay, I can't really imagine that I will keep it in the end.

Old 14th December 2012
Wow, did you just find that person randomly or do you do a lot of searches on craigslist?
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic View Post
Wow, did you just find that person randomly or do you do a lot of searches on craigslist?
I am in the market for an 88 note keyboard so I was looking at all the listings in the NYC and surrounding area for the past few months that had anything about keyboards in them. I do look about once a week.
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

nice haul!
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Nice score! The UM-880 and Wavestation would be almost $550 by themselves. I imagine you could sell most of that stuff for a total of around $550 and keep whatever you like for free.
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

kec-42 is kinda fun
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreengold View Post
kec-42 is kinda fun
I was wondering about this one. I had a 3630 that i sold that I should have kept. The Kec-42 has a side chain input so that could be a lot of fun to mess with.
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear
Excellent find! It's very strange that I landed my Wavestation a/d from a very similar deal. I hauled off an entire rack full of stuff (including a MW1) for $250. After recycling the items I didn't really want on ebay I actually made money on the deal.

Nothing like someone paying you to take a few grand worth of gear!
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

If you sell it let me know. I have been looking for one for a while.

alexP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovestand View Post
Hate the player.

If you think that's bad, the guy bought all this stuff for $350 in a storage unit auction.

I still haven't checked all of the connections and tested everything, but it's promising that it all turns on.

Definitely excited to mess around with that Wavestation, but I imagine that it will inevitibly be sold since it's a digital rack-mount and there's a VST version of it.

I'm having trouble deciding whether to keep the Edirol or not. I just bought an Emagic AMT-8, but I haven't been able to edit the patches in Mountain Lion yet, so as of now it's just an 8-in 8-out midi interface with no routing or channelization. I want to try to set up the Edirol to do channel filtering in stand alone mode. But given the prices on ebay, I can't really imagine that I will keep it in the end.

Old 19th March 2013
Gear maniac

Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

I managed to get 2 DBX 163X compressors for £50 (i.e. £25 each) about 6 months ago on ebay as a Buy It Now. That's probably my biggest bargain to date.

I did get an Akai S950 for £110 on Gumtree though. Got it home and it had maximum ram installed, which the seller didn't realise .
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

$2,000 on LA Craigslist yesterday.
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

For that price I gotta ask, "Does it work?"
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooftree View Post
For that price I gotta ask, "Does it work?"
It's got a few problems but it should be up and running with a few hours of professional servicing (nothing serious, should cost under $200 to fix) and the physical condition is tip top!
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

A guy pulled it out of his uncle's basement knowing nothing about synths, but saw that they were expensive on eBay, so sold it cheap for a quick sale for someone willing to invest in a repair (though he didn't know what was causing the problem) and flip it for profit. I will not be selling this baby though!
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

PCM 80 for $50 and all that needed to be done was clean the pots to eliminate any noise. It also came with two program cards. That was last summer.

Also got a Juno 106 last summer that was beat up for $50. Traded it to Alan at SynthSpa for a complete workup of my mint 106. That worked out really well!
Old 23rd March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septik View Post

$2,000 on LA Craigslist yesterday.
What is this thing?
Old 23rd March 2013
Lives for acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler477 View Post
What is this thing?
Rhodes Chroma. Designed by Arp before they went under.
Old 24th March 2013
Lives for gear

@Septik: Glad you got that Chroma and not someone who will just flip it.

@Poonti: Did you see the CS-80 on Montreal's Craigslist?

This has been a crazyass week for expensive rare synths on the Toronto Craiglist -- Another CS-80, a CS-50, and a DX-1! All of the asking prices are insane too.

Me, I'm still beaming about the preoproduction/prototype ARP8 Mixer that I scored off semi-local CL for $150 two weeks ago:

Old 24th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post

This has been a crazyass week for expensive rare synths on the Toronto Craiglist -- Another CS-80, a CS-50, and a DX-1! All of the asking prices are insane too.

Me, I'm still beaming about the preoproduction/prototype ARP8 Mixer that I scored off semi-local CL for $150 two weeks ago:

Thanks Rob Jealous of that score! Extremely sexy. I thought I was lucky with a $2,000 Chroma! I think you scored biggest in terms of price ratio
Old 24th March 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post

How much were the CS-80 and DX-1?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search