New Reply
Subscribe
methodonez
10th December 2012
Old 10th December 2012
Gear interested

[Moog Minimoog Voyager] Recreating specific sounds into presets

Hello,

I have 5 sound clips of sounds played by a single Minimoog Voyager and want them, as presets, in my Voyager. I have tried getting there, but I'm not at the appropriate subtractive synthesis level, just yet.

So; if you own a Voyager, consider yourself a synthesis wiz (enough to recreate these presets accurately), and would like to help.. please.

The sound clips are attached to this post. (thx Yoozer!)

If you'd like to be rewarded for your work, you can contact me at methodonez@gmail.com or pm me for more information, or provide means of contact so that I can reach you.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 bass.mp3 (1.87 MB, 69 views)
File Type: mp3 fx.mp3 (1,003.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: mp3 lead1.mp3 (1.78 MB, 45 views)
File Type: mp3 lead2.mp3 (221.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: mp3 lead3.mp3 (768.3 KB, 33 views)
10th December 2012
Old 10th December 2012
Gear Guru

Protip: put the sound files on SoundCloud or upload 'm as attachment here, 4 MB doesn't shock GS.

bass.mp3: osc 1 square, osc 2 square (tuned +7 semitones), osc 3 triangle (tuned -12 semitones). LFO routed to filter, slow rate. Volume ADSR 0 50% 0 0.

fx.mp3: sounds like filter FM to me, hard to pick the actual settings used for this but that term should get you in the ballpark.

lead1.mp3: set the filters in serial and create a bandpass. Use the filter envelope at 0 50% 0 0 or something to control the cutoff. I'm hearing some sort of distortion effect - since all the other clips feature reverb, are you sure this is a dry Voyager?

lead2.mp3: osc 1 square, zero portamento, volume ADSR 0 100% 100% 20%, filter ADSR 0 50% 0 0, filter envelope amount around 33%, turn down cutoff to taste.

lead3.mp3: osc 1 off, osc 2 saw at -12 semitones, osc 3 squarewave at +7 semitones, mix in noise, use similar envelope settings as lead2.
10th December 2012
Old 10th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Protip: put the sound files on SoundCloud or upload 'm as attachment here, 4 MB doesn't shock GS
Cheers! :D
10th December 2012
Old 10th December 2012
Gear Guru

Updated my post, see if it's of some use to you. I can't test it on my own Voyager at the moment.
methodonez
10th December 2012
Old 10th December 2012
Gear interested

Thanks again! I'll try these out first thing in the morning.
methodonez
11th December 2012
Old 11th December 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
since all the other clips feature reverb, are you sure this is a dry Voyager?
Aside from a reverb insert - Yes. The only thing changing between sounds is the actual presets on the Voyager itself.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search