New Reply
Subscribe
Rusu
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear interested

TR707 sync with other gear

hi

i just ordered a Roland TR 707 since i can't afford the 909 and also because i've seen two very different live shows that were using 707's this weekend. It just blew me away by it's drum capabilities on a good system with some outboard effects and also with the sync capabilities with Juno 60 and Xoxbox.

I'm planning to get a Juno 60, but for now i have a Moog Voyager, Korg DW 8000, Teisco 60F and Waldorf Microwave 1 as my workhorses. Also, i have the Doepfer Dark Time that has both Midi and CV Gate.

I understand the TR707 does not send Midi in pattern mode, but only in song mode so i was wondering if i can convert the arpeggio trigger out signal of the 707 to go into my other synths via MIDI. I understand it's not so snappy as through trigger out, but perhaps there is an adaptor to transform that trigger out signal into midi? If that would work i could use the pattern mode to send midi. Or can i edit the song mode to get infinite results and not care about pattern mode?

I adore the way the 707 sequences the Juno 60's arpeggiator, and i would love to do that on my DW8000 that has only MIDI IN or portamento jack in.

The Voyager has CV Gate, will that work with the trigger out of the 707?
Microwave 1 has also only midi. Teisco has CV gate but it's a bit detuned and hard to work with.

Also, perhaps can i convert that Trigger out signal to Midi with the dark time?
The Dark Time has CV GATE In and Out and Midi In Out too.

Many questions

thanks
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusu View Post
...so i was wondering if i can convert the arpeggio trigger out signal of the 707 to go into my other synths via MIDI. I understand it's not so snappy as through trigger out, but perhaps there is an adaptor to transform that trigger out signal into midi? If that would work i could use the pattern mode to send midi. Or can i edit the song mode to get infinite results and not care about pattern mode?

I adore the way the 707 sequences the Juno 60's arpeggiator, and i would love to do that on my DW8000 that has only MIDI IN or portamento jack in.

The Voyager has CV Gate, will that work with the trigger out of the 707?
Microwave 1 has also only midi. Teisco has CV gate but it's a bit detuned and hard to work with.

Also, perhaps can i convert that Trigger out signal to Midi with the dark time?
The Dark Time has CV GATE In and Out and Midi In Out too.

Many questions
Rusu
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear interested

4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

..the 707 can't sequence external gear.. it isn't sending "arp" note data to the Juno60 but only a clock tempo from it's trig out into the 60's arp clock in. basically forget about doing any kind of note/arp trick with any of your current gear.. everything else you suggest is just as i'm afraid!
Rusu
4th December 2012
Old 4th December 2012
Gear interested

damn! thanks Xanax, might just have to get that juno right about now
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search