What instrument is this? (steve Angello - Monday)
Old 2nd December 2012
Gear interested

What instrument is this? (steve Angello - Monday)

What instrument is that thing in the intro playing triplets?
Old 2nd December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsupdk View Post

What instrument is that thing in the intro playing triplets?
To quote a youtube commenter:

The beginning, before? the baseline kicks in, is totally a filtered rendition of The Chemical Brother's "Star Guitar". But he took it somewhere deeper. Pretty cool. =)
Old 2nd December 2012
Gear maniac

ruined star guitar...how was the original done? it seems to be a sample from david bowie that sounds very little like that, the start of this
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear interested

well, i have tried pretty to sample Star Guitar myself pretty much every possible place in the song, but i cant get that sound. I can get something close to but maybe the sample is layered with a percussion or something. Therefore i assumed it was a special kind of guitar or something, since i couldnt manage to get that sound by sampling Star Guitar.

And to you Lowbie, you can't compare Star Guitar and Monday since it is 2 very different records. Monday has a whole different melody and structure than Star Guitar. And don't say Steve Angello ruined it. Monday is one of the best house records made the last 10 years imo, so shut up. Taste is different, so don't come and talk bullshit about it, without giving me a real reason, to why its bad. There is allot of artist i dont like, but I dont go and say shit about them, because maybe others like them.
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
well, i have tried pretty to sample Star Guitar myself pretty much every possible place in the song, but i cant get that sound. I can get something close to but maybe the sample is layered with a percussion or something. Therefore i assumed it was a special kind of guitar or something, since i couldnt manage to get that sound by sampling Star Guitar.
It would help if you had the Chemical Brothers studio:

Old 3rd December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
And to you Lowbie, you can't compare Star Guitar and Monday since it is 2 very different records. Monday has a whole different melody and structure than Star Guitar. And don't say Steve Angello ruined it. Monday is one of the best house records made the last 10 years imo, so shut up. Taste is different, so don't come and talk bullshit about it, without giving me a real reason, to why its bad. There is allot of artist i dont like, but I dont go and say shit about them, because maybe others like them.
LOL alright, but i wonder how it is the best track made in the last 10 years if it sounds exactly like all the generic trancy house made in the last 10 years? You have 10 years of best tracks to listen to, good for you.
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear interested

Well, it doesnt. Get yourselft a good copy of this instead of the crappy youtube version, and listen again.
First of all the production is fantastic. A very rare thing in dance music today.
Second of all its very atmospheric and wakes a special emotion in me when i hear that intro. Fells like im at Pacha, Ibiza in the summer holiday the last day before going home. Its sounds so exotic in a way.
Thirdly its not trance at all, why do you say that. Its lower bpm than an average trance record, its not drowned in supersaws with huge reverbs, the drums just don't feel trancy. Not harsh more softer.
And finally, this record was made in early 2009, and many producers have tried to do a similair sound to Steve Angellos since. When he did this track it was very special.

Please post some trance that sounds like this, and i would be very happy.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search