New Reply
Subscribe
burns46824
21st September 2012
Old 21st September 2012
Gear addict

Emulator II Sampling Tips

Heyo -

I have an Emulator II and I was wondering if anyone else on here uses one. If so, how do you go about sampling? Do you have any tips or tricks of the trade for this particular board? Ever do resampling?

Mine's currently in the shop because it very often breaks down, but it sounds pretty darn cool when working properly.
21st September 2012
Old 21st September 2012
Gear addict

Rtfm. No monitor of input signal while sampling in many of the early emus.
21st September 2012
Old 21st September 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burns46824 View Post
Heyo -

I have an Emulator II and I was wondering if anyone else on here uses one. If so, how do you go about sampling? Do you have any tips or tricks of the trade for this particular board? Ever do resampling?

Mine's currently in the shop because it very often breaks down, but it sounds pretty darn cool when working properly.
no.. just sample and enjoy... on polyphonic sounds its worth to learn about the filter tuning page.. but you should write down the numbers on thios page before starting to alter them.
best polyphonic sampling keyboard ever build.. the only sampler where the sample of an analog synth might be more interesting than playing the originalsynth.. its far from beeing hifi but close on beeing sexy..
The Hammond B3 of the digital age.
21st September 2012
Old 21st September 2012
Gear maniac

On my EmuII, I have to keep the recording input volume at 0. There's too much noise if I raise it to +20 or +40. I try to peak the signal 75 to 90% full on the meter. I usually come out of the computer at line level thru one of my preamps set to line level or run a regular preamp in. Hope that helps some...
burns46824
22nd September 2012
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykesh View Post
On my EmuII, I have to keep the recording input volume at 0. There's too much noise if I raise it to +20 or +40. I try to peak the signal 75 to 90% full on the meter. I usually come out of the computer at line level thru one of my preamps set to line level or run a regular preamp in. Hope that helps some...
Ha! I was actually thinking it might be cool to use the +20 or +40 settings for certain sounds to make them really noisy and "Emulator-ey."
burns46824
22nd September 2012
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmo View Post
Rtfm. No monitor of input signal while sampling in many of the early emus.
I was referring to sampling into the EII then recording onto the computer, processing, and sampling again from there...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search