Soundshock 2: FM Funk Terror!
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

Soundshock 2: FM Funk Terror!

Has anyone heard this shit yet? It's some of the best stuff i've heard this year, and it's exclusively done on FM synths (with the odd bit of sampling for the drum sounds)

I'm usually plugging my own stuff on here, but in this case, I can heartily recommend the work these guys are doing

Examples:

Free Download:

Ubiktune: [UBI044] Various Artists
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

That reminds me a lot of YMO:

Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

Honestly I just don't get these.
I listened to the first 6 and to me they all sound at best like the background music of an atari ST game like RailRoad tycoon, at worst like some midi transcription of a tune played with general midi on a Soundblaster.
A bit harsh I know but it seems like there is zero production effort on these tunes ??
Old 21st September 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

i don't like any of that soundshock stuff. sounds pretty awful/cheesy to me.

jega did a lot more interesting stuff with FM synths (DX7's) 10+ years ago. .. not to mention squarepusher or the Tuss

Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysander View Post
Honestly I just don't get these.
I listened to the first 6 and to me they all sound at best like the background music of an atari ST game like RailRoad tycoon, at worst like some midi transcription of a tune played with general midi on a Soundblaster.
A bit harsh I know but it seems like there is zero production effort on these tunes ??
I think video game sound tracks and the sounds can be interesting, but I don't think there is much to be done nowadays without mixing them with other timbres.

I just heard this a few days ago and the intro is really great. Reminds me of actress or something.
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

Oh yeah video game music can be great I recently really liked the super meat boy soundtrack
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search