x0xb0x kits on sale?
Nedavine
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

x0xb0x kits on sale?

Can you still get x0xb0x kits? I've seen some nice pre builds but would like to build my own. Also wouldn't mind trying a midiboxSID but I don't think there are kits anymore.
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
digital ears love analog

Nedavine
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai View Post
awesome thank you. a bit more expensive than I was hoping but i might give it a shot.
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Gear addict

Xoxshop.de
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedavine View Post
awesome thank you. a bit more expensive than I was hoping but i might give it a shot.
Consider the alternative:

USED Roland TB-303 Drum Machine excellent TB303 | eBay

I thought about getting an x0xb0x, but it sounded risky. Certain ones we not built right, etc. I have no interest (or ability) in building one. I passed.
Consider the Future Retro Revolution. Not cheap either but got recommended to me more than the x0x.
Nedavine
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 View Post
Consider the alternative:

USED Roland TB-303 Drum Machine excellent TB303 | eBay

I thought about getting an x0xb0x, but it sounded risky. Certain ones we not built right, etc. I have no interest (or ability) in building one. I passed.
Consider the Future Retro Revolution. Not cheap either but got recommended to me more than the x0x.

CRAZY expensive.
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Willzyx and x0xshop.de will deliver well built units.
Nedavine
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard View Post
Willzyx and x0xshop.de will deliver well built units.
I plan to build
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Then they will deliver proper kits as well =o]
Nedavine
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Then they will deliver proper kits as well =o]
Haha cheers
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 View Post
The sequencer isn't very well thought out IMO, its a 'nice idea'....a circular sequencer, but in practice I found complicated the issue. Also, inputing note information was tedious, i'd much prefer a clear and simple method like the mini keyboard on a xox/303, or even better note information input from a CV or midi keyboard! Asking too much of these boutique equipment producers?!

I haven't owned a xoxbox yet but will do as i am confident it is the better design.
Nedavine
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morechips View Post
The sequencer isn't very well thought out IMO, its a 'nice idea'....a circular sequencer, but in practice I found complicated the issue. Also, inputing note information was tedious, i'd much prefer a clear and simple method like the mini keyboard on a xox/303, or even better note information input from a CV or midi keyboard! Asking too much of these boutique equipment producers?!

I haven't owned a xoxbox yet but will do as i am confident it is the better design.
I like the sequencer on the op-1
Just play the sequence on the keyboard and hit play.
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Sonic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive View Post
www.x0xsh0p.de
Definitely the way to go for kits or pre built.
Most of the ebay ones are cheap because they are shoddy.
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Gear addict

Anyone bought an xox from some of the ebay "makers"?
22nd May 2012
Old 22nd May 2012
Sonic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Anyone bought an xox from some of the ebay "makers"?
As hinted at earlier.. ebay has been somewhat notorious over the last couple of years for being flooded with substandard, cheap x0xb0xes (Kits or built)
Try if you are feeling lucky. But I wouldn't. It doesn't cost so much more to get one from a known, good supplier that uses the right parts and knows what they are doing.
23rd May 2012
Old 23rd May 2012
Gear maniac

mods

I bought a x0xb0x from an eBay seller who had modded boxes, bass boost, rez boost, overdrive, devilfish etc., altogether 6 switches and 6 knobs (or so) added on for fun, I had to replace one knob because the potentiometer itself was bad, (had a co-worker do it for me, I don't have much experience). And I had to tune it, as it was out of tune with itself. the seller was listed in Queens NY, the package was shipped from Hong Kong. I'm really glad I got one with so many mods, It can be tweaked beyond recognition, but the minor repairs were kind of what I feared buying something like that from an unknown seller. So in summary it was inconvenient to fix, I could have sent it back, but for some reason I didn't, but having all the added mods really makes it so much more fun to play which has made up for the hassle.
23rd May 2012
Old 23rd May 2012
Gear addict

Who are the best builders? The most reputable companies?

What is an xoxio???
23rd May 2012
Old 23rd May 2012
Lives for gear

i can vouch for the mode machines one
23rd May 2012
Old 23rd May 2012
Gear addict

in sequencer.de forum the most people seem to agree on xoxshop.de to build the best xoxboxes and ship good kits.
You can even order built xoxboxes with metal casing there.

However, also the Acidlab Bassline 3 has a good reputation as a 303 clone. They don't sell kits, though and I think is is not related to the xoxbox project.
http://www.acidlab.de/

Personally I would not want to buy anything from Mode Machines at all.
23rd May 2012
Old 23rd May 2012
Sonic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Who are the best builders? The most reputable companies?

What is an xoxio???
The reputable builders have already been named in this thread at least once
A x0xi0 is essentially a x0xb0x with all the mods/extra's. But these have been faked/copied too (and are sold on ebay). Officially, you can only get them from here: x0xi0 unless used of course.
Not cheap though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsound View Post
i can vouch for the mode machines one
These are, or at least started out as Technology Transplant x0xb0xes. Just rebranded. I won't go over the same old ground again, except to say that there is plenty to read about them, both on here, and on Adafruits own x0xb0x forums.
But in short, these are the cheaply made ones that ebay got flooded with. And as already pointed out in this thread, there are better places to get one from.
If yours is a good one, then think yourself lucky
23rd May 2012
Old 23rd May 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Regarding x0xb0x sourcing I have dealt with just about every kit and pre-built version over the last few years. I've either installed x0xi0 kits on them or sold x0xi0 kits to those wishing to install it. I can recommend x0xb0x's from the following:

Willzyx James has incredibly well packed kits and pre-built versions. Do not be turned off that he is based and ships from Taiwan, you will receive a perfect x0xb0x and it will arrive quickly
x0xsource If you're in the US this is a good option. I believe they ship from New York.
x0xsh0p.de If you're in Germany, Denmark or Europe in general, Christian ships good kits as well.
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Gear addict

btw, from the German xoxshop.de website, 30 Sep 2012 :

Es WIRD alles anders | x0xb0x News | x0xsh0p.de

Quote:
hello,

I transfer the x0xsh0p, because I have not longer enough time for it. (Existing orders placed until today are still processed)
the x0xsh0p will be completely transferred to my successor: two nice guys which will take care about the x0xsh0p and they will work in the same way to ensure the quality we’re known for. My successor will get my complete stock and all other material and documentation. I think the disptach time will get better and I’m pretty sure you’ll be satisfied with the work of my successor!

In almost 5 years of x0xsh0p I had a lot of fun and I became acquainted with many nice people and I hope that I have always doing things right!
All I have recently delivered will warranty-laterally handled by me for the period of two years and I’ll keep a section of spare parts for it.
All other will be handled by my successor in the future!

I think the transfer of the x0xsh0p will be relatively seamless... it can come however to some delivery problems.

I have to say THANK YOU for your confidence and I wish you a lot of fun with your x0xb0x machines :-)
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

Good thread ...
i m using MUSIC AND MORE MB33 on the studio but i would like to use something else for concerts ...
Thanks all for the infos ...

PEACE

MORDICUS
7th October 2012
Old 7th October 2012
Lives for gear

I actually have two kits sitting on my studio shelf. They've been there for over a year. I may never get around to building them.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Gear addict

protip: A good way to get an almost free x0xb0x is to buy two kits from willzyx, which gets you free shipping, then build both, sell one on ebay for 450, and have yourself a tb303 for 50 bucks.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixelsyd View Post
I actually have two kits sitting on my studio shelf. They've been there for over a year. I may never get around to building them.
I'll build them
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive View Post
in sequencer.de forum the most people seem to agree on xoxshop.de to build the best xoxboxes and ship good kits.
You can even order built xoxboxes with metal casing there.

However, also the Acidlab Bassline 3 has a good reputation as a 303 clone. They don't sell kits, though and I think is is not related to the xoxbox project.
acidlab

Personally I would not want to buy anything from Mode Machines at all.
Acidlab.de machines are not related to the x0xb0x project as far as i know. If you look at the manual, the Bassline 3 works differently than a x0xb0x. I have a Bassline 1 and use it very often. Acidlab gear is well made and well supported by its maker.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah, Acidlab have zero to do with the x0xb0x.
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'll build them
If you buy them
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Gear Head

FYI I just got a pre built box from Willez. It's built really well and sounds amazing - very, very authentic to my ear. Also he was super professional to deal with. He had a slight delay due to a part being late and he was super communicative and even offered a refund.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search