jSynthLib and Matrix-1000
hrbhrb
19th May 2012
Old 19th May 2012
Gear interested

jSynthLib and Matrix-1000

Hi,
I've been a reader for a while and now it's time to participate. Well 'participate' as in ask you for help:
I bought myself a Matrix-1000. I got a good deal, I like its sound and I thought it would be possible to program it using jSynthLib.
Turns out it isn't that easy to get jSynthLib to work. I connected the synth via my Remote 25 SLs Midi-Out, the Matrix's Midi-Out goes back to the Remote's Midi-In. I can play the presets using the Remote or via a midi sequence out of Ableton. No problem.
When I try to edit a patch using jSynthLib I run into troubles. Whenever I try to send a patch to the Matrix the sound stops. As soon as I select a new patch on the unit the sound starts again. Also getting a patch from the unit doesn't work.
It might have to do with the midi settings on the Remote. Because the midi-loopback test in jSynthLib doesn't really work. I went to all the different global settings on the Remote and the only one that gives me something on the Midi-In during the loopback is: USB1To M1 M2 and MIDITo U1 M1 M2. But what I get is a 'data compare error'

Code:
XMIT: SysEX:length=11
  f0 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 f7
RECV: SysEX:length=11
XMIT: SysEX:length=31
  f0 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0a 0b .. 1c 1d f7
RECV: SysEX:length=11
I'm using the MIDI Port 1 on the Remote and I selected input port and output port '5- SL MkII' in jSynthLib. Alternatives would be MIDIOUT2 (5- SL MkII) and MIDIIN2 (5- SL MkII).

Any thoughts on this?
hrbhrb
21st May 2012
Old 21st May 2012
Gear interested

Seems the Novation was the problem.
I use my BCF2000s midi ports now and jSynthLib works.

Anyway, is there a way to audition the patch while you're editing it in jSynthLib? The program offers a play option, but all it does is send one midi note. And once I open the midi port in jSynthLib I cant use it in Live anymore. I thought it would be possible to have a midi sequence running and edit the patch at the same time. (I'm not exactly a midi expert.. )
Are there any workarounds? (Using Win7 btw)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search