Matrix 1000 Pedal for Modulation
New Reply
Subscribe
Thomas Ivory
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Gear maniac

Matrix 1000 Pedal for Modulation

Still on my quest to be able to route modulation to my Matrix 1000. I find myself using my M1000 a lot. I like the sounds a lot but I feel like it would be SO MUCH better with modulation. Anyway, I downloaded and read thru the manual and it seems that you are able to route all kinds of modulation to "Pedal 1".

What would be the best and least expensive pedal for the Matrix 1000.

I am sure this is a very simple question to answer but everytime I get a pedal for a vintage synth it never works out for me.

Thanks in advance
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Ivory View Post
Still on my quest to be able to route modulation to my Matrix 1000. I find myself using my M1000 a lot. I like the sounds a lot but I feel like it would be SO MUCH better with modulation. Anyway, I downloaded and read thru the manual and it seems that you are able to route all kinds of modulation to "Pedal 1".

What would be the best and least expensive pedal for the Matrix 1000.

I am sure this is a very simple question to answer but everytime I get a pedal for a vintage synth it never works out for me.

Thanks in advance
The Matrix-1000 doesn't have inserts for pedals anyway, so no need for a vintage pedal! All modulation like "Pedal 1" and "Lever 1" etc. is controlled via MIDI, so you can use any common expression pedal you like (e.g. Roland EV-5, Moog EP-2, etc.) attached to your MIDI controller.
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Gear nut

In fact there are 3 of those levers (Lever 1 and Lever 2 are pitch wheel and mod wheel respectively, lever 3 is "breath control" - all go from 0 to 127) which you can assign to knobs on your midi controller (or use wheels of course) on one side and to any parameters you wish to modulate on another -then tweak any 3 parameters in real time (say filter cutoff, resonance and EG release for some acid'ish sounds)

My M1000 responds well in real time to tweaking 3 levers at the same time even while bombarding it with polyphonic arpeggios.

I assume you have a software editor to assign them?
Thomas Ivory
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Gear maniac

Maison- I just realized that you are right about no pedals....damn

[QUOTE=kraze;7853937]In fact there are 3 of those levers (Lever 1 and Lever 2 are pitch wheel and mod wheel respectively, lever 3 is "breath control" - all go from 0 to 127) which you can assign to knobs on your midi controller (or use wheels of course) on one side and to any parameters you wish to modulate on another -then tweak any 3 parameters in real time (say filter cutoff, resonance and EG release for some acid'ish sounds)

My M1000 responds well in real time to tweaking 3 levers at the same time even while bombarding it with polyphonic arpeggios."

Kraze..Wow... That sounds exactly what I need to be doing with my M1000

I am not using a software editor.

I am using an MPC 3000 sequencer and I am using a Juno 106 and Motif 6 as controllers.

I also have an Access Programmer with the M1000 for editing and tweaking.

I would love to be able to program the M1000 within the unit to assign the mod wheel for a specific modulation but of course that is not an option?
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Gear nut

You very much need a software editor (I use Sounddiver as it works around some M1000 software glitches too). Access programmer is really limited and won't open up your M1000 like a good software editor will (there are up to 10 modulation routes possible from almost anything to almost anything)

Unfortunately there are no global modulation parameters to set controllers to specific modulation for all patches so you need to set it on a patch by patch basis.
Thomas Ivory
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze View Post
You very much need a software editor (I use Sounddiver as it works around some M1000 software glitches too). Access programmer is really limited and won't open up your M1000 like a good software editor will (there are up to 10 modulation routes possible from almost anything to almost anything)

Unfortunately there are no global modulation parameters to set controllers to specific modulation for all patches so you need to set it on a patch by patch basis.
Yeah, thats what I figured.

I have used the 0B6000 program before.

Would it be possible for me to go into the Matrix 1000 with OB6000 and switch all the M1000 patches, patch numbers 001 to 999, each specific modulation settings?

Or can I only set and save the first 200 patches?

Or....can I set a knob on my motif to control "Pedal 1" on the Matrix 1000 and set each patch's "Pedal 1" modulation setting (1-120) to which ever one I wish to use on a patch by patch basis?

Thanks again for the help
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Gear nut

You can edit any preset but you can store only 200. I.e. if you like some factory preset you can simply route one modulation like Pedal 1 -> Filter Cutoff (just remember that the value the synth receives will be added to the value of a modulation carrier - so you will have to set patch's cutoff to 0 for full control if using positive mod route values - 0 to 63 - you'll know what I mean when you will launch your OB6000) and then save it into one of the first 200 slots (they are all dupes of various factory presets from remaining 800 anyway).

I never used Motif so I don't know but if you can assign a specific CC to a needed knob there - simply look up the CC number for Pedal 1 in the manual and you are set.
Thomas Ivory
7th May 2012
Old 7th May 2012
Gear maniac

^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you VERY much kraze.

I will try both of those.

appreciate the help man.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search