Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Midi patch bay

Just saw this in the local second hand shop

Midi patch bay-imageuploadedbygearslutz1335921582.598568.jpg

Thought it might be a good. Idea to reduce the huge number of USB inputs on my computer.

The bottom one looks fairly good, but never used one.

Are routing options easy to adjust?
I want to run a mopho, blofeld, a Juno 106 and use my axiom Yamaha ez-ag to control all three
Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedavine View Post
Just saw this in the local second hand shop

Attachment 289866

Thought it might be a good. Idea to reduce the huge number of USB inputs on my computer.

The bottom one looks fairly good, but never used one.

Are routing options easy to adjust?
I want to run a mopho, blofeld, a Juno 106 and use my axiom Yamaha ez-ag to control all three
I recognize the MOTU one, but not the others. Did you get a model number? If you can get that, most units are fairly easy to ID on the web, and you can see their specs. I personally use an Akai ME30P II and love it. Any MIDI patchbay should do what you need it to - You only need 1 input and 3 outs. Most have 4-8 inputs and 8 outs.
Old 2nd May 2012
Those are both older Mac MIDI interfaces that probably don't have a USB connection and are not compatible with newer computers. I would expect to find an old Mac serial connection on the back of both units. The top unit was made by Opcode which has been out of business for years.

If all you want is a router, I would look at older gear such as the the MidiPatcher, Yamaha MJC8, Digital Music MX-8, Akai ME30P or you could even use a smaller box like the Roland MPU-105 or MM4. All of these can be found on Ebay for far less than $100 on a good day.

If you need a computer interface, I can highly recommend the MIDI Express XT (USB Version) which is the newer, bigger brother of the MIDI Express in the photo and is both PC and Mac compatible. The MicroExpress would work for you too.
Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmey View Post
Those are both older Mac MIDI interfaces that probably don't have a USB connection and are not compatible with newer computers. I would expect to find an old Mac serial connection on the back of both units. The bottom unit was made by Opcode which has been out of business for years.

If all you want is a router, I would look at older gear such as the the MidiPatcher, Yamaha MJC8, Digital Music MX-8, Akai ME30P or you could even use a smaller box like the Roland MPU-105 or MM4. All of these can be found on Ebay for far less than $100 on a good day.

If you need a computer interface, I can highly recommend the MIDI Express XT (USB Version) which is the bigger brother of the MIDI Express and is both PC and Mac compatible.
You can always just set one of the inputs/outputs to your interface and connect that to your computer via firewire..
Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah it is the old type. I thought I could run the synths into that and then have a midi in out from the patch to my audio interface which is has a midi in out. I assumed I wouldn't need USB.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search