Izotope 5 preset
edvedder
24th April 2012
Old 24th April 2012
Gear maniac

Izotope 5 preset

I was wondering if anybody had recommendations on a good preset I could start with on the master channel.. I'm producing house music and I'd like to keep my bass components fairly central and hi's wider, but some of my bass has a natural stereo width, which sounds good and would like to be able to maintain that stereo width. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
24th April 2012
Old 24th April 2012
Gear Head

Don´t even think about the mastering plugins before you are finished with the mix, and you feel 100% happy with the sound. When done mixing, render the project to wav/aiff, import the stereo file to DAW/Wave editor for final polish. You will get better results if you focus on one thing at a time instead of juggling mix and mastering at the same time, adding confusion as to what does what, chasing the gauges etc.. Secondly, it might be a good idea to master on a different monitoring system than the one you mix on. Let´s say you have a high end stereo in your living room, connect a laptop w/interface to your hifi and master while sitting in your couch. Or if that´s not an option, maybe you have friends with good monitoring in their studios. Even better, get a friend to master your project, it never hurts with a second opinion
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search