Crazy Random DSP Apps
Old 10th April 2012
Gear nut

Crazy Random DSP Apps

So I've been playing around with Paul's Extreme Sound stretcher aka Paulstretch and its lots of fun. I know there's lots of apps like this out there but I've been out of the loop for a while. Does anyone have any recommendations for similar apps like this. The only requirement I have is that they're able to run on OSX 10.7
Old 10th April 2012
Lives for gear

I'm interested in this too. I've found it handy to subscribe to Richard Devine's facebook feed... he often directs to software (and hardware) which does extra-normal stuff to sound, useful for sound design and music applications.
Old 10th April 2012
Gear interested

Old 10th April 2012
Lives for gear

Old 10th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsiegel View Post
Now that definitely fits the bill as crazy and random. I can't imagine any practical use. The hyperbolic description alone was worth a visit to the web site.
It is useful if you want to extract specific sounds it seems, or if you want to do extreme timestretches
Old 10th April 2012
Lives for gear
Old 10th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsiegel View Post
Now that definitely fits the bill as crazy and random. I can't imagine any practical use. The hyperbolic description alone was worth a visit to the web site.
It's actually probably "better" at practical uses than crazy ones. For example, you can use it as a very specific EQ. I didn't realize how technical it was when I bought it. I generally like things to be more immediate, but it's become a much better tool to play around with with the latest beta and live mode. Once you get the hang of it, which does take a while, it's great for making sampler food.
Old 10th April 2012
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search