Old 29th March 2012
Lives for gear

NASA Sample CD?

Can I take public domain recordings (NASA) and sell a sample CD with them?
Old 29th March 2012
Lives for gear

Old 29th March 2012
digital ears love analog

I have loopmasters sample pack that some samples from a NASA video.
Old 29th March 2012
Lives for gear

Sit on youtube and go, spend some hours there and you'll find lots of interesting stuff.
Old 29th March 2012
Gear nut

To OP, Yep we paid for them. i'm also in the process of using some of their audio files
Old 30th March 2012
Ohx
Gear addict

There is a Reason refill that someone somewhere made for free that is just the audio from the Apollo landings chopped up and mapped to keys.

Sounds like its fairly common?
Old 30th March 2012
Lives for gear

its common, I wanted to get my feet wet with pro sample cd production.
you know, $5 packs on ebay.
Old 30th March 2012
Gear nut

I'd love to get my hands on some of the Gemini flight recordings. I can find tons on the Mercury and Apollo programs, but the Gemini program seem to suffer from middle child syndrome.
Old 30th March 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyRayJoeBob View Post
I'd love to get my hands on some of the Gemini flight recordings. I can find tons on the Mercury and Apollo programs, but the Gemini program seem to suffer from middle child syndrome.
Have you checked out this DVD?

http://www.amazon.com/Project-Gemini...3139059&sr=1-7
Old 30th March 2012
Gear nut

@Robonaut

Thinks for the tip I do own most of the Spacecraft film dvd's. I'm a big old spaceflight geek. Mark at Spacecraft does an amazing job of cleaning up the old footage. As far as that Gemini set most of the audio is not from in flight. It's narration and astronaut recollection as voice over. Well, at least the portions of the flights I want to get my hands on. I do thank you for the link
Old 30th March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay- View Post
its common, I wanted to get my feet wet with pro sample cd production.
you know, $5 packs on ebay.
Then I suggest you start by making your own material instead of repackaging existing stuff .

I've heard there's demand for birdsong.
Old 30th March 2012
Lives for gear

Yoozer, FIGHT!

No really I want to turn NASA recordings into an instrument with effx, vocoder, reversed, all that. mangled,
Old 30th March 2012
Ah - in that case, ignore my reply, since you're doing something creative with it. eBay's already flushed with cheap "HOT MOTIF SAMPLES" made by people who just slapped Autosampler on their workstation and let that run for a day or two.
Old 31st March 2012
Gear maniac

Just in case someone wanders in and wants to know:

NASA - Apollo 11 Onboard Audio Database
Here's the whole. darn. mission. MET means Mission Elapsed Time. Right click the links and save as. This was put up for the 40th Anniversary of Apollo 11. NASA has materials on a number of different sites, so for the other missions, Google is your friend.

I found some Gemini audio on archive.org. Not sure if it's what the OP is looking for, but it's something. Gemini I : NASA : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

This is the main NASA Audio page of archive.org: NASA Audio Collection : Free Movies : Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

NASA does not assert copyright on its media, it is all paid for by the taxpayers and is 'for all mankind'.

In addition to triggering samples, or jamming along with the tracks, these are good for feeding into granular synths for warping and mangling.
Old 31st March 2012
Gear nut

Osc1lfo

Thanks for the links I need to check them out. See If NASA has put up what I'm looking for.

Also if anyone want to hear some cool sound ( I think they are cool anyway) Look for the NASA Voyager field recordings. I picked up 11 tracks over 5 hours of sounds. To me it's erie musique concrete. I love it You can find it on cd baby and I tunes that I know of.
Old 31st March 2012
Quote:
I love it You can find it on cd baby and I tunes that I know of.
Last time i've searched, i had no luck.

Got the catalogue number?
Old 31st March 2012
Gear nut

I can't seem to find it on Cd baby at this time. It was there two or three months ago. But search Itunes for "Symphony of the planets" or "NASA Voyager" it pops right up. It was released as a 5 disc Lazerlight set But that appears to be out of print and clowns want a few hundred bucks for it. I'd like a none mp3 copy.
Old 31st March 2012
Quote:
But search Itunes for "Symphony of the planets" or "NASA Voyager" it pops right up.
No luck here. Zero results.
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

If you want some cool samples that are NASA related there have been some very good documentaries on the Apollo missions in the last couple years with good quality recordings but I think those would not be public domain.
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osc1lfo View Post
Just in case someone wanders in and wants to know:

NASA - Apollo 11 Onboard Audio Database
Here's the whole. darn. mission. MET means Mission Elapsed Time. Right click the links and save as. This was put up for the 40th Anniversary of Apollo 11. NASA has materials on a number of different sites, so for the other missions, Google is your friend.

I found some Gemini audio on archive.org. Not sure if it's what the OP is looking for, but it's something. Gemini I : NASA : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

This is the main NASA Audio page of archive.org: NASA Audio Collection : Free Movies : Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

NASA does not assert copyright on its media, it is all paid for by the taxpayers and is 'for all mankind'.

In addition to triggering samples, or jamming along with the tracks, these are good for feeding into granular synths for warping and mangling.
The NASA site is one of the best on the Internet it's MASSIVE
Old 31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Old 31st March 2012
Gear nut

Glad you found it.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search