Dynacord DRP20 - A problem with long release times in the input
New Reply
Subscribe
paugui
28th March 2012
Old 28th March 2012
Lives for gear

Dynacord DRP20 - A problem with long release times in the input

I tested yesterday a my Dynacord DRP20 for the first time.

I used a Roland SH-101, that I got yesterday, to test it a bit, and after a while I noticed that sometimes there were some clicks in the sound that weren't supposed to be there...
After I release the keys in the Roland, if I consider a long release time, those clicks appear and I can see that the Input LEDs light up because of that, right before all of the LEDs turn off..

I didn't have the time to test it yesterday with a parallel chain, but was doing that now with a Yamaha FX900 and on the Yamaha I don't notice any click after releasing the keys, and the LEDs don't light up either, as happens in the Dynacord...

What can be causing this problem?

Can it be bad solder in the input connection?
I noticed the problem happens when using both the back and front inputs...

I also noticed that for some settings on the Roland, the Dynacord appeared to be receiving "bursts" of sound.
But on the other effect I had before in the chain, I couldn't observe those...

Is this likely something easy to fix?
Apart from this, the machine seems to work pretty well and sounds great...

Thanks in advance,
Best

Paulo
paugui
28th March 2012
Old 28th March 2012
Lives for gear

I was testing it a bit more and it seems that it's when the sound changes slowly in volume that the clicks happen...
If I consider a sound that is slowly decaying with no sustain, I get the same clicks when the sound fades...
But both on my Korg Zero 8 and Yamaha FX900, I get no such peak in the signal as it shows up in the Dynacord DRP20...

I also noticed I got beats when I had some modulation applied in my Roland SH101, but once again, those only shown up in the Dynacord, not in the other devices that were receiving the signal from the Roland...

Does anyone here have the service manual for it (and the original manual too, by the way)?
But since the peaks in signal seems to be produced at the input, it should be an easy fix, no?

Thanks in advance
Best

Paulo
29th March 2012
Old 29th March 2012
Lives for gear

Something in the input portion might be mis-adjusted. I'm imagining that there's a noise gate or something that mutes the input when the signal falls below a certain level for a certain length of time, but there's an erroneous DC offset in there somewhere that makes a discontinuity when it mutes.

Just a guess.
paugui
29th March 2012
Old 29th March 2012
Lives for gear

But it shouldn't be a problem with the digital part of it, right?
Since the input LEDs show a different behavior from my other equipment I'd expect the problem to be with the input itself rather than the digital part...

If someone has a service for it, it would be great if you could make it available (and the users manual too, cause I couldn't find that one...).
That way it should be easier to track down the problem...

But if it should be only in the input section, that will already give quite some help too...

Thanks in advance,

Paulo
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search