New Reply
Subscribe
firby
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
Lives for gear

how to sell/promote your first EP

Hello Slutz,

So, I took two oscillators and detuned them, made many many songs, then a mix, then more mixes ... until... VOYLA! There is an EP sitting here on my hard disk, backed up in multiple places.

Now what do I do ? I need to know how to release something. I have been on a few releases before, but that was as a drummer in 'bands'. I never paid much attention to how it worked because there was always a chuffed up guitarist, band leader or vocalist leading the charge.

I would like to:

Copyright the thing or whatever needs to be done like that.

Promote the thing however you do it now.

Sell it.

Tour it if anyone will let me.

If there are other threads that I should be looking at I have not found them. Please, those of you with releases under your belt, a little guidance please ?

Regards
20th March 2012
Old 20th March 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by firby View Post
Copyright the thing or whatever needs to be done like that.
Contact the rightsholder society in your country. You can register your track with them. Do not do this: http://www.copyrightauthority.com/poor-mans-copyright/

Quote:
Sell it.
Sell on iTunes | Get on iTunes | Sell Music Online | CD Baby (ignore the popup for now) and that's for the regular outlets. Anything genre-specific?

Quote:
Promote the thing however you do it now.
You have a site? Social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud?) Anything that encourages slacktivism? (clicking "like" costs nothing, 30-second snippets people can share easily helps).

Quote:
Please, those of you with releases under your belt, a little guidance please ?
Sorry, no releases. However, the above should get you started.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search