Urgent issue with Miroslav Philharmonik - Unintended Warping/Wah effect
Old 17th March 2012
Gear interested

Urgent issue with Miroslav Philharmonik - Unintended Warping/Wah effect

Hi, I have some demos due Sunday for a project I'm working on, so I can't wait until IK Multimedia's business hours Monday morning.

I am encountering this bizarre warp (almost wah-like) effect using Miroslav Philharmonik inside Cubase. It only happens when I have two or more tracks using Miroslav going at the same time.

I am using SampleTank 2 to run Miroslav (Miroslav, for whatever reason, doesn't have sound output either due to the version of Cubase or my 64-bit processor), so maybe its a SampleTank 2 issue.

Please help, it really sounds like crap when it does this---sounds very artificial/synthesized. I will probably lose the job if I give this to the project manager in its current state, even if I try to justify the issue as a software glitch---it really sounds bad.

I googled this and could not find any mention of this issue.
Old 17th March 2012
Gear interested

Maybe this is helpful, I Googled "SampleTank 2" and warping, and there was a post about Cubase having an issue with warping in their kickdrum---so maybe its a Cubase issue? All of my other VSTs (Native Instruments, Arturia, Hartmann Neuron, etc) work perfectly in Cubase, even stacked to the teeth---for me this only seems to happen with SampleTank2/Miroslav.
Old 17th March 2012
Gear interested

Wow, while there is clearly a deeper issue here, I discovered that simply by inserting an audio track in between each VST/instrument track, it removed the issue...for now at least. Weird. If anyone knows whats causing this, I'd still appreciate an answer---this is a workable solution for now, but long term its not good. Thanks
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search