Urgent issue with Miroslav Philharmonik - Unintended Warping/Wah effect
New Reply
Subscribe
ihavezippers
17th March 2012
Old 17th March 2012
Gear interested

Urgent issue with Miroslav Philharmonik - Unintended Warping/Wah effect

Hi, I have some demos due Sunday for a project I'm working on, so I can't wait until IK Multimedia's business hours Monday morning.

I am encountering this bizarre warp (almost wah-like) effect using Miroslav Philharmonik inside Cubase. It only happens when I have two or more tracks using Miroslav going at the same time.

I am using SampleTank 2 to run Miroslav (Miroslav, for whatever reason, doesn't have sound output either due to the version of Cubase or my 64-bit processor), so maybe its a SampleTank 2 issue.

Please help, it really sounds like crap when it does this---sounds very artificial/synthesized. I will probably lose the job if I give this to the project manager in its current state, even if I try to justify the issue as a software glitch---it really sounds bad.

I googled this and could not find any mention of this issue.
ihavezippers
17th March 2012
Old 17th March 2012
Gear interested

Maybe this is helpful, I Googled "SampleTank 2" and warping, and there was a post about Cubase having an issue with warping in their kickdrum---so maybe its a Cubase issue? All of my other VSTs (Native Instruments, Arturia, Hartmann Neuron, etc) work perfectly in Cubase, even stacked to the teeth---for me this only seems to happen with SampleTank2/Miroslav.
ihavezippers
17th March 2012
Old 17th March 2012
Gear interested

Wow, while there is clearly a deeper issue here, I discovered that simply by inserting an audio track in between each VST/instrument track, it removed the issue...for now at least. Weird. If anyone knows whats causing this, I'd still appreciate an answer---this is a workable solution for now, but long term its not good. Thanks
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search