Sell little phatty?
bloodsample
17th March 2012
Old 17th March 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks all for your inputs. Looks like there's an even balance between sell and keep. I'm leaning towards selling it mainly because its harsher side is lost on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlshft View Post
I ended up selling my Voyager ages ago for an LP. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Man Micron View Post
I sold my Voyager and kept my Little Phatty.
Haha, I actually thought of doing that once. But something about the voyage's creamyness made me want to keep it. Plus the keyboard on the voyager is MILES ahead of the LP (IMO). In fact to me it's one of the best feeling keyboards I've tried. Besides the sound, it's probably the thing I like the most about it. I think keyboard action is underrated these days since most people just sequence synths with MIDI, but it can make or break a synth IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie H View Post
....or sell them both and get a prodigy and a source
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnu View Post
I did and got a prodigy. Never looked back. Features wise prodigy is raped. But sound wise, no contest.
I actually thought of doing this at one point, even considered replacing them with a micromoog.. But I think I need to keep at least one modern synth in my arsenal. Vintage analogs are amazing and all but I gotta keep things balanced so to speak. Who knows, I might end up selling the voyager one day, but for now I'm digging it's clean creamy tone.
17th March 2012
Old 17th March 2012
Gear Head

Don't sell the phatty. I watched the demos of Micromac again and my jaw hit the floor just as hard as the first time. Then I looked at my LP and even turned off, it screamed - don't do it I turned it on and the sound wasn't much worse than what I heard in the Micromac demo. I was actually blown away playing the Phatty.

So, patience is the key and a hope that Micromac will remain in production for more than a year.

Teh Lil Phatty has resisted and is holding position!

Btw, I enjoyed all your videos, bloodsample. Keep it up
17th March 2012
Old 17th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsample View Post
Haha, I actually thought of doing that once. But something about the voyage's creamyness made me want to keep it. Plus the keyboard on the voyager is MILES ahead of the LP (IMO). In fact to me it's one of the best feeling keyboards I've tried. Besides the sound, it's probably the thing I like the most about it. I think keyboard action is underrated these days since most people just sequence synths with MIDI, but it can make or break a synth IMO.
To be fair, I later sold my LP for the SP, not so much for the kb as for the space reduction, the SP is really an amazing machine when you consider what's all going on in there for a machine that size. I know exactly what you mean about the Voyager though, it's very much an instrument that wants human interaction.

Jury is still out for me on whether the Minitaur will really be replacing the SP or not. I'm having a blast just cranking the mixer preamp for overdrive sounds, gets pretty much the same effect as the SP's O.L., so really the only part I'm missing is the above c4 stuff, PWM, and dialing in waveforms. The editor is really nice and will only get better. Decisions, decisions...
bloodsample
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
Lives for gear

Sold it.

Thank you for your help everyone!
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
Goat of Gear

What's next?
bloodsample
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusRaindrops View Post
What's next?
I still have some stuff I'd like to sell. The plan this year is to do more selling than buying, but we'll see how that turns out lol.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search