hai :)
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

hai :)

Just signed up, wanted to say hi, and tell a bit about myself. I'm 18, I produce electronic music, and I love it to death. I have quite a large audience, or following, and love to perform live. I use an iPad to control my whole set, including lighting and 3D visuals. I'm also building a project studio, and will be posting pictures of that on here a tiny bit later. My influences come greatly from people like Deadmau5 and Amon Tobin, as well as Skrillex and Aphex Twin. I've played in many places, mostly in Atlanta. I have three apps in the app store. So yeah! I'm just here to talk about anything electronic music and having to do with recording and mastering. Nice to meet you guys

-Christopher

Oreon (@oreonmusic) on Twitter

Oreon | Facebook
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

post some of your music.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear nut

Cute.
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

Thanks! You can hear the current music I have here: oreon's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

But please note, most of my current stuff is simple, and a lot of my unreleased stuff is better. I'm waiting until my studio is finished to master the tracks. also, heres a recent show I did: Crowd goes wild with amazing EDM act - YouTube (Turn the volume down before listening. a bit loud) Can't wait for you guys to hear my newer stuff though. it sounds really great.

Christopher

Last edited by Cubebott; 7th March 2012 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: Added a few words.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

so you release simple stuff and keep the good stuff yourself? and you master your own tracks? damn.

and i didt see a crowd going wild in the video? did i miss something?
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

well the simple stuff is to hold people until i can finish mastering the good stuff, then release it. which will be soon. Also, you didnt see them going wild. thats correct. but if you listen you can hear screams. its not the best quality either. I am currently still perfecting my sound, musically. My stage set however, is extremely advanced. It's controlled by only an iPad, which runs a custom app built by me. That includes visuals and everything. Currently, I'm known more for my stage set, but that will change once i release newer mastered tracks. Think Knife Party/Mord Fustang esque sounds.
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Did you notice the "about me" section in your profile page? If everyone did an intro thread here how many would we have?

"Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law."

Categorical imperative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

Alright look, I was just trying to say hey. I don't understand why someone new, who just signed up, has to be hated on. Is it because I'm doing something with an iPad that no one else is? lol. I mean I just want to talk to people who are into the same thing I am. If its just going to be hate, I'll just go somewhere else where people appreciate new technology and ideas for innovation.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

besides the fact that introductory threads are against the rules, when you say something like

Quote:
I'm extremely smart
it rubs people the wrong way
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

Alright here. I'll start over.

Sup guys, my name is Chris. I produce electronic music and use an iPad to control the whole show. Looking forward to talking to some new people who are interested in the same thing.

Thanks!
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

who is hating?

1300 fans on Facebook....

9200 followers on twitter

11 on soundcloud....thats a strange ratio.
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

correction, not hate. just why does everything have to be so perfect to you guys? so what if someone messes up and posts the wrong thing. we're human. I'm new here, so excuse any mistakes in my posts that may seem unlike others who have been here longer than me.
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

I'm the most active on Twitter. Second active on Facebook, and the last one is obvious. I need to be more active on Soundcloud.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mononym View Post
who is hating?

1300 fans on Facebook....

9200 followers on twitter

11 on soundcloud....thats a strange ratio.
Well he is following 8000 plus on twitter...
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

which again states my point, lol. I am the most active on Twitter.
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

Anyway. I'd love to talk to anyone interested in the iPad and how its becoming more useful in the electronic music world. I love the iPad, and I think it has great potential in the music and creativity world. I am happy to share with anyone more details about what I do to control visuals and such with the iPad.

Thanks.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubebott View Post
I'm the most active on Twitter...
Hey man. Respect. Getting your name out there and stuff. And don't listen to these haters. Nothing wrong with saying you're smart...

Was really impressed with your 9000 Followers on Twitter too.

Just noted one of your recent "follows" : @Fertility_Facts

Seem a little young to be preoccupied with that stuff but who am I to say.

It's nice that they've Followed you back though. Good synergy. Must be some Skrillex lovers over there.

Good luck!
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

I just try to follow back to the people who follow me, even if its about fertility or about something else. It helps gain respect for them following you.

Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions about what I do. I am happy to answer anything about the iPad control and such.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubebott View Post
I just try to follow back to the people who follow me, even if its about fertility or about something else. It helps gain respect for them following you.

Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions about what I do. I am happy to answer anything about the iPad control and such.
Yeah. It's all about respect. I get it now.

Will get back to you about the iPad app.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

i only have 9 followers. =(
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

fastest way to gain followers: Follow the ones who follow you, and continue the trend. But never follow too many people, itll make you look like spam.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

i rather just have genuine followers, thanks tho.
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

theyre genuine most of the time. theres a lot of spam out there, but thats hard to control once you have over 5,000 followers. I'm sure people like deadmau5 have so many fake followers, but a ton of real ones. but the fact of the matter is, if youre good enough at what you do, and you get big enough, it wont matter if you look on twitter and they are genuine or not, will it?
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

The voice of new generation... Welcome.

All these followers and fans... How's it working for ya? Make a decent living out of music?
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaT View Post
The voice of new generation... Welcome.
makes me scared to see where music will be in 10 years.
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

Thanks! and its going well. I perform live about every weekend, and do shows in front of about 800-1,000 people at a time. I will be traveling later this month and through this summer to Miami, Orlando, DC, New York, and some other cool places with nice venues. I'm excited. But I came on here because I know there are a lot of people who love electronic music as much as I do. .
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

And music will evolve, become a new monster. With people like Skrillex.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Hello and welcome! I was a little surprised by the amount of scepticism in this thread, I don't think that was called for at all. You obviously have a lot going on and I believe you are on the right path, especially when it comes to marketing yourself. Ignore the haters, keep doing what you're doing. Social media is a HIGHLY effective way of getting yourself and your music heard and recognized, no matter if the friends/followers are "genuine" or not. Keep working them like crazy. I speak from experience when I say that it can be a VERY rewarding effort (if you're music is up to par of course)
Cubebott
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

Thank you! I just really enjoy music. To the highest amount. And I think technology like the iPad, Lemur, OSC apps, and arduino controllers will help lead more innovations in show production. I mean look at someone like Excision. 3 years ago, he wasn't very big. Then he toured with deadmau5. and *NOW* look where he is. Touring with a 100,000 watt sound system- which by the way, i can tell you is one of the most powerful sound systems I have ever heard. and you have to hear it to experience it. It's utterly amazing to the human ear.
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search