Arturia Minibrute
New Reply
Subscribe
verve92
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

Arturia Minibrute

Please tell me I'm dreaming. This thing is AMAZING and cheap as hell at $499!!!.
I've been so wrapped up in the MiniTaur I was slow on the uptake on this unit. So if I'm too far behind -sorry.
Moog Schmoog.
This thing has twice the features a real keyboard with frigging after-touch? Its also significantly less money. I could care less if the housing is plastic (if it in fact is).
More discussion I know in the "New Product Alert" forum but how many of you will buy one over the Moog if you can't afford both like me?
Poly on the way? This is the power of the slutz. We are being heard. Please let it NOT sound like crap in the flesh.
OK I will shut up now!!
Several videos on this link:

Arturia MiniBrute | Sweetwater.com
Ibanez Artcore A85 JazzBox, Ibanez SZR720BB, 1989 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 1981 Gibson ES-335, 1986 Fender JapStrat.
Effects:
Roland RE-201 Space Echo, MXR Carbon Copy Delay, MXR Analog Stereo Chorus, Digitech RP-1000 MFX
Amps: Fender HR Deluxe 112, Peavey KB100
Recording:
Zoom HD16 Hardware Recorder, Cubase 5, Yamaha HS50m Monitors
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Gear interested

Iirc housing is all metal.
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

yeah.. this thing made me totally forget about the MiniTaur
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Gear interested

From an early matrixsynth post:

The Arturia MiniBrute Hardware Synth? "Key features: Voltage controlled oscillator 25 key keyboard with aftertouch Steiner-Parker multi-mode filter Innovative analog Ultrasaw , Metalizer , Brute Factor technology 14 faders and 29 knobs Rich interface, CV , Gate , USB , MIDI Advanced arpeggiator Rugged metal housing"
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Gear maniac

i really like the features of it but all the demos i've seen of it sound a bit 'buzzy' for want of a better word. All the other main features sound brilliant to the point where i was thinking it could replace a 101 in the kind of music I do, but I've not heard it do that wonderful high square lead sound like you get in classic squarepusher tracks. I want a nice clean sounding square wave!!

this is the sound i want it to get close to!
Mr Arkadin
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Mr Arkadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 View Post
I could care less
It's "couldn't care less" btw.
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via MSN to flat earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
yeah.. this thing made me totally forget about the MiniTaur
Initially I felt the same, but from the demos alone (which wouldn't form any dead cert conclusion btw), so far the Minitaur sounds in another class.

...but, as Cromartie said 'We'll see!"

'Coming to grips with compromise is an essential ingredient for balance, harmony and avoidance of conflict'. - Maisonvague
verve92
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Arkadin View Post
It's "couldn't care less" btw.
Sarcasm. should have been clearer.
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

There are already a couple threads in this very forum about it, Im not sure your discovery of it merited a new one, really not trying to be that guy man, but Im just saying bro. Juuuust sayin. Use the search, Luke.

And yes, it does look pretty ridiculous for $500. I preordered...
verve92
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Lives for gear

Hopefully moderator will see my post in this thread to delete.
not a software guy so didn't even think prior threads were about the Minibrute as it was not in other threads titles my bad tho
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

I really want to see the guts of this thing, I hope they haven't duped us...it could be just a pcb with like 2 chips and end up being softsynth in a chip
mfx
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

Im jumping on the Minibrute bandwagon...

Being relatively new to anologue in terms of CV gates etc on synths and I have always wanted the moog sound somehow, propectove thought, advice and views on using the minibrute and Minitaur to work together please? Considering if it's worth getting both.
Mr Arkadin
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Mr Arkadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
I have always wanted the moog sound somehow, propectove thought, advice and views on using the minibrute and Minitaur to work together please? Considering if it's worth getting both.
If you have the money it would be great combo. The Minibrute doesn't seem to cover Moog sound territory - it's single osc, has some great grunging features (supersaw detuning, metalizer, brute).

The classic Moog sound is at least two oscillators, so the Minitaur in tandem would be a nice contrast if you want a killer bass end. Also you could play it from the Minibrute's keyboard if you have no keyboard already (and you could use MIDI or CV/Gate).

For the same combined price though you could get a Macbeth Minimac, but you get no keyboard then.
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by volumetrik
I really want to see the guts of this thing, I hope they haven't duped us...it could be just a pcb with like 2 chips and end up being softsynth in a chip
If you really can tell the difference between analogue and software then you won't have any doubts that Minibrute isn't an attempt to dupe anybody.

It sounds analogue. I approved.
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Arkadin View Post
If you have the money it would be great combo. The Minibrute doesn't seem to cover Moog sound territory - it's single osc, has some great grunging features (supersaw detuning, metalizer, brute).

The classic Moog sound is at least two oscillators, so the Minitaur in tandem would be a nice contrast if you want a killer bass end. Also you could play it from the Minibrute's keyboard if you have no keyboard already (and you could use MIDI or CV/Gate).

For the same combined price though you could get a Macbeth Minimac, but you get no keyboard then.
the Macbeth Micromac is listed at £995 last time i looked so is double the cost of a minibrute.

from another thread on micromac costing:
As you may, or may not, be aware- I plan to make two versions of this product. The first version is for those who wish to integrate the unit into their 3U eurorack modular systems- the second version will be a desktop version- the desktop version includes extra features such as casing, internal power supply (if possible) and a neat midi unit designed by John 'Kenton' Price. The module is planned to retail at £995.00GBP (please do a conversion to work out what your micromac will cost) - the desktop version which is still to be finalized will be the more expensive one- this price is to be established.

logic pro 9, roland sh-01, minibrute, nanozwerg, volca bass, arturia jp8V and semV, blofeld electribe, korg ddd1 and yamaha rx5

Last edited by cresshead; 28th January 2012 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: fixed name error
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

It's micromac. Not minimac.
Mr Arkadin
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Mr Arkadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
the Macbeth Micromac is listed at £995 last time i looked so is double the cost of a minibrute.
And your point? My answer was discussing two synths (Minibrute and Minitaur) that sell for £449 and £489 respectively, which as bad as my maths is, I think makes £938, unless you're calling me out on £57 difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
It's micromac. Not minimac.
Oops, may bad. There are so many minis knocking around it's difficult to keep track. Repeat: Minitaur, Minibrute, Micromac... Minitaur, Minibrute, Micromac...

Got it.
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

I played it at NAMM and it's truly amazing. Great sound, great features and even the build quality is better than DSI, for example. These will fly off the shelves. I am getting one for sure!

Korg EX-8000 | Moog Minitaur | Native Instruments Maschine MK2 | Peavey Liberator J-84 | Roland MKS-50 | Roland Juno-6 | Roland SH-2 | Roland TR-8 | Sequential Circuits Pro-One | Waldorf Blofeld Shadow Edition

FX:

BOSS DS-1 | BOSS RE-20 | Electro-Harmonix Small Clone | Moog MF-103 | Moog MF-104M | Moog MF-108M | MXR Phase 90 '74 Vintage | Roland SBF-325 | Roland SPH-323
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

I'm interested in this box as well but, I think I'm going to wait to se if someone hacks more CV into it.
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

Minibrute looks fantastic. Still sold on the Minitaur though. I like it's sound and features better. MIDI control over every parameter is a big plus for me. I want a Moog as well. But in an ideal World i'd really like to get both
mfx
28th January 2012
Old 28th January 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy73 View Post
Minibrute looks fantastic. Still sold on the Minitaur though. I like it's sound and features better. MIDI control over every parameter is a big plus for me. I want a Moog as well. But in an ideal World i'd really like to get both
This is what has captured my eye with the minitaur. With no internal presets the midi function would possibly mean you could take a midi setting snapshot in your host ie Cubase. I can forsee either Moog or 3rd party dev's releasing a nice GUI to interface as a VST as the DSI Pro'08 has.

Regarding the Minibrute + Moog it seems, in my mind, a great combo add Virus TI, uhe Diva, PPG3, OPX, Zebra and a few other babies in the mix you're/I'm in for a treat. I recently sold on a Prophet 08 which was great but the filter just didnt quite deliver the low end in my mind. I have a massive array of VST plugins, like many I am missing the love of outboard hardware so the mini brute will be a secondary/master keyboard (along with an existing JD800) and routed with the MiniTaur. I have heard a lot of demos of the Mini and to be honest it's got, what I believe, a unique sound and good for leads. My mind is angling towards an otb and itb combo so looking forward to it.

I have seen the Macbeth and did consider it, for me I can't justify the price but it does look and sound interesting + I really could do with a small footprint synth keyboard.

I can't believe someone here is tearing the MiniBrute apart stating DSP/electronic circuitry instead of "True Analogue", confusing post without substantiation but hey ho we will see.

Just got to sway the mrs's I got a bargain, my local store quite happily gives me some letter head to dupe a 'deal' invoice for her lmfao...tfft

Look forward to some end users feedback once these mini monkeys are released DV247 are showing the MiniBrute already available in UK wonder if that's an error, thought they were due out in March/April?

Now if I can only pimp another 10K+ for a Kronos, Voyager, DSI Tempest and some acoustic treatment!!!!
30th January 2012
Old 30th January 2012
Gear maniac

31st January 2012
Old 31st January 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Beautiful demo there - that's the first I've heard to really open up the palette of sounds its capable of.
31st January 2012
Old 31st January 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub005@yahoo.co. View Post
Beautiful demo there - that's the first I've heard to really open up the palette of sounds its capable of.
this!
31st January 2012
Old 31st January 2012
Lives for gear

It should have had one more octave to be really useful as a live sizer. :(

Kind regards
Demokid
AndromedaA6,Casio CZ1,Elka Synthex(midi),Korg MS20/MS50,Minimoog ModelD(midi),Voyager AE,Prophet5 v3.31,ProOne,Prophet08 AE,Jupiter-8(midi),TeeBee MK3,Synthesizers.com Studio66,Yamaha CS30,Ensoniq SQ80
Drums
Roland DDR30,R8m,DrumStationII
Efx
Eventide H3000D/SE,Lexicon 200,Dynacord DPR20X,KlarkTeknik DN780,Symetrix 606,DeltaLab ADM1024,Korg SDD2000,Roland RE301,TKAudio DP1,Mu-Tron-II,MXR Phrase100,Sony MU-R201
Other
http://soundcloud.com/demokid
http://youtube.com/demokid2000
31st January 2012
Old 31st January 2012

sometimes limitations make you work better ..
31st January 2012
Old 31st January 2012
Lives for gear

Might be so - but this makes me wonder though.
What's the range on these oscilators?
There isn't "fine tune" or "tune". The only control over this is below the mod wheel and pitch bend. There's centre, two octaves up and two octaves down with the buttons.
If this is a bass and lead machine - than what's the lowest note (less of a problem since there's the sub osc) and what's the highest?!
31st January 2012
Old 31st January 2012

hmm, sounds like a job for someone who's had a look around it at NAMM.

The new demos Arturia have posted on here ( scroll down a bit ) are really impressive :

Arturia - Musical Instruments | Details
31st January 2012
Old 31st January 2012
Gear addict

the minitaur and the minibrute should be a nice pair!!
i mean the minibrute has a keyboard and cv outs and the minitaur cv in and midi in... could be a nice combo...
mfx
31st January 2012
Old 31st January 2012
mfx
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-smile-z View Post
the minitaur and the minibrute should be a nice pair!!
i mean the minibrute has a keyboard and cv outs and the minitaur cv in and midi in... could be a nice combo...
that's the way I'm heading and as a minimidicontroller (wonder if the Moog will be assignable?) + QuNeo...fun fun FuN
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search