edorc
6th August 2011
Old 6th August 2011
Gear interested

Jomox resonator neuronium

6th August 2011
Old 6th August 2011
Lives for gear
If I could afford it ill take it of you. Got it's own unique sounds.
6th August 2011
Old 6th August 2011
Lives for gear

Holy smokes - that is awesome sounding! I want one! But when I see his web page, I see something sad:

"I'm sorry, but not everything can be a sucess. There were only 11 of 20 orders, and this is just not enough in order to securely produce and sell a serial run."
6th August 2011
Old 6th August 2011
Gear nut

I had the pleasure to see and hear showing Resonator Neuronium in public the first time ever.
Just asked Mr. Michaelis to perform at my multi-media-festival Transalternative in early 2003.
So I also enjoyed his second ever performance.

edorc
6th August 2011
Old 6th August 2011
Gear interested

you make me weak, really. i dont want to believe that i need it, not for special sounds, not for exquisite music.. its, on the other hand so autonom, selfish, it doesnt let you participate on its musical existance all the time.
if money in this world wouldnt matter i would keep it, of course. now i think i can buy a 999, some oto + similar + do my music more + less. its exuberance has no comparison, but thats not all maybe.

Quote:
But when I see his web page, I see something sad
yes, thats a point. juergen michaelis is a one man factory, busy all the time. so he didnt anounce this possibility of a 2nd run strong enough. it would have helped everybody: the owners could enjoy a better os (midi!), + all the rest of the world could enjoy its unique soul.

i will write him now to think about.
7th August 2011
Old 7th August 2011
Lives for gear

Are there any other tools/hardware units that can create something similar? I'd love something like this for "live" gigs - set it to create something awesome and then play/improv/create over it.
edorc
7th August 2011
Old 7th August 2011
Gear interested

i also asked this question to sebastian, a kollege of juergen, building the neuronium. he said "no", he knows nothing.
but the question is more: what do you like about, what aspekt of its character do you like to find somewhere else?
for me its more + less its unpredictable sounds which are the result of the 6 resonating filters. they resonate free, not stable.. the sequencer + its sounds are like anywhere else, except theire mutations, but this you can achieve with software too. the creature is born out of the interaction of these multi connected filters. a bit of an aproach could be the connection of 3 m or t resonators. but they use 4 pole filter (not 2) + you just connect in serial, not parallel + serial like on the neuronium (with selfoscilating knots between the connections). similar + different..
7th August 2011
Old 7th August 2011
Lives for gear

I think I like the same - I like the idea that I could go to a gig and start twiddling knobs and create something right there on stage that I've never heard and then morph with it as it goes. I do solo guitar stuff - no band or vocals, just instrumental - and something like this would just be FUN.
7th August 2011
Old 7th August 2011
Sonic Hooligan

It's definitely an interesting piece. I like that J├╝rgen is brave enough to think differently, and put some radical gear into production now & again
I have a couple of Jomox things.. Both are pretty cool.
One of them I have is the T-Resonator effects unit. Supposedly it has some things in common with the Neuronium!? (Im not sure what exactly) but it's a nice and unusual effects tool regardless.

btw, i'd have posted this over here:
Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production - Gearslutz.com
Where I think you'd have got more response. Although maybe a mod can move the post if you wanted..
edorc
7th August 2011
Old 7th August 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Whigham View Post
I think I like the same - I like the idea that I could go to a gig and start twiddling knobs and create something right there on stage that I've never heard and then morph with it as it goes. I do solo guitar stuff - no band or vocals, just instrumental - and something like this would just be FUN.

its definitely a challenging adventure, session like reacting to its moments of beauty. you need a good limiter on the end + lot of knowledge about the unit. or you record the best parts of your homegrown sessions + stay on the adult side of your performance..

Quote:
One of them I have is the T-Resonator effects unit. Supposedly it has some things in common with the Neuronium!?
i like to connect the t resonator to the neuronium. it translate its movements nicely with the envelope follower, adds some spices to the sound.
its similar, just a steeper filter, no sequencer, without mutation gimmicks, but reacts similar. if you can control its emotions u are a step closer to its big brothersisters mastery. the neuronium feels more sensitive, like your breath touches its resistors ect. it needs 20 minutes to warm up, before the display just plays ping pong + u have to watch..
8th August 2011
Old 8th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Whigham View Post
Are there any other tools/hardware units that can create something similar? I'd love something like this for "live" gigs - set it to create something awesome and then play/improv/create over it.
Mixer feedback can be similar, or a modular synth.
8th August 2011
Old 8th August 2011
Gear maniac

WANT. WANT. WANT AGAIN.
2nd June 2012
Old 2nd June 2012
Lives for gear

necrobump! all excited about jomox and jurgen and the sunsyn and the neuronium after watching this little 15 minute interview video with jurgen, pretty inspiring he is!!

Jomox (Slices DVD) - YouTube

...EdOrc, enjoying the sounds you shared on soundcloud, thank you for putting that up for the world to hear man, peace!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search