Which soft sampler to use for beats w/ mpd32?
cheeseburger
9th June 2011
Old 9th June 2011
Gear interested

Which soft sampler to use for beats w/ mpd32?

I've just ordered myself an MPD32 as I'd like to get into producing beats based on samples (Letherette/Blank&Kytt/Young Montana type stuff). I'd like to know what to use as a sampler?

I've got Ableton and Cubase, which I can use OKish, and I've also got Kontakt and Reason. I'm really unsure which combination is the way to go for this sort of production, and I'd really appreciate some pointers.

Thanks

Simon
9th June 2011
Old 9th June 2011
Gear maniac

fxspantions Geist is the Jam for mpc style sampling/sequencing in the box. cant recommend it enough!
9th June 2011
Old 9th June 2011
Lives for gear

Man, that is an absolute ton of money to spend on the combined cost of Ableton, Cubase, Reason, and Kontakt without really having any idea of what you want to use or how to use any of them really well. You are definitely a risk taker!

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
9th June 2011
Old 9th June 2011
Lives for gear

If I were in your situation I would concentrate on actually learning to use one sequencer/DAW (that I had purchased) In my case that happens to be Ableton Live. Most modern sequencers come with a built in sampler that is capable enough for electronic drum tracks. So in your case it is mostly a matter of preference between Live and Cubase. If you decide to stick with Live then I would recommend going over the section of the manual on drum racks... I would recommend not picking up more gear (hard or soft) until you can actually use, at the very least, either Live or Cubase
9th June 2011
Old 9th June 2011
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

you already have all that you need, live has a sampler built in.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search