Yamaha PLG Compatibility
New Reply
Subscribe
iowatele
1st June 2011
Old 1st June 2011
Gear interested

Yamaha PLG Compatibility

I currently am gigging with a 2009 Model Yamaha MO8 and have been working on upgrading the sounds and programs through Motifator.com and was looking into the PLG150-AN synth card but have been greatly confused on whether or not the PLG cards are in fact compatible with the M08. If not what previous rack modules would be compatible? Any help in steering me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks All!
1st June 2011
Old 1st June 2011
Gear maniac

Send a message via MSN to wladymeer Send a message via Yahoo to wladymeer Send a message via Skype™ to wladymeer
As I did research on similar topic - I believe that every Motif up to Motif ES would support PLG cards (I think there are 3 slots) but no budget-Motifs (MM, MO, MoX).
My latest videos:
song #1 *new!* |song #2 | song #3 | song #4

http://soundcloud.com/srdjan-brankovic-music/expedition-delta-2011
http://soundcloud.com/lunar-pocket/lunar-pocket-the-sacrament
iowatele
1st June 2011
Old 1st June 2011
Gear interested

Thanks for the input, I ha a sneaky feeling that that was the case even though Yamaha's Tech support told me it would ha ha ...thanks Yamaha but thanks for the input I'm now looking at a small rack mount unit to still utilize the PLG150-AN. Are there any similar products or downloadable vintage synth packages available for the MO8 that you would know of? So far I've checked out Vintage Keys and the 80's classics from Motifator.com but if you'd know of any other places to find similar tones I'd love to know. Really what I was looking to get out of the PLG150-AN was the use of Motifator.com's Regenerator tone package. Thanks as always for the help.
1st June 2011
Old 1st June 2011
Gear maniac

Send a message via MSN to wladymeer Send a message via Yahoo to wladymeer Send a message via Skype™ to wladymeer
Is MO compatible with Motif ES patches? If it is, maybe you could check this out
1st June 2011
Old 1st June 2011
Lives for gear

MO can load any ES patch as long as it does not contain user samples (since MO has no sample RAM).

MO cannot use PLG cards, only Motif (original) and Motif ES can.
1st June 2011
Old 1st June 2011
Gear interested

Have a look at getting an an200 - i think it would fit nicely on top, to the left on the mo8!
Also, it would be a lot easier to program/tweak than on the motifs tiny screen - lots of knobs! (and I've heard the plg programming on the motif is confusing at best).
The an200 tends to go for about the same price as a card alone. The card can also be swapped out of the an200 and plugged in a compatible motif in the future if needed/wanted.

As far as compatability goes: motif/rack, motifES,rackES, s90, s80, s30 cs6x/r and the mu128 can all take the cards.
I believe a third party also used to make a PLG compatible box - anybody?
2nd June 2011
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonwiebe View Post
a third party also used to make a PLG compatible box - anybody?
Kenton Plugstation

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search