New Reply
Subscribe
omegaomega
13th May 2011
Old 13th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaine View Post
Hey, glad I could help out. And it was a good excuse to finally get them uploaded at least in some manner.

Also, would you mind if I jump on frans' offer of passing along his collection of disks for the sake of being able to go through them and upload all the ones that aren't part of madtheory's library? I'd host them along side with the ones I've uploaded above, but probably create a mini-site to allow for more info and better downloading options. No worries at all, though, if you were looking to take him up on the offer later down the road.
Of course, I don't mind it. Go ahead and get the disks from frans. It would be great to have them online for all of us to share and that way I will also download them and use them on my TX16W.
Frans do send them to rcaine!

And again, thank you both guys!
13th May 2011
Old 13th May 2011
Lives for gear

Yes, I'll send him the lot, I get rid of them and all the TX16W owners out there will have a ton of sounds.
WIN-WIN!
GS fun: people who can't drive ask other people who can't drive if they should buy a 12 ton truck or a BMW. Then ask somebody from Berlin (with a map of Moscow) for the way to the train station in Hongkong. Somebody stresses the importance of grabbing the steering wheel with one hand only, as Bruce Swedien was reported to have done that 1986, while reversing into his driveway.
If want to check some tasteful piece of art I was involved, here: https://soundcloud.com/frans_13/organtransplant
14th May 2011
Old 14th May 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaomega View Post
Of course, I don't mind it. Go ahead and get the disks from frans. It would be great to have them online for all of us to share and that way I will also download them and use them on my TX16W.
Frans do send them to rcaine!
Cool deal...

I'm hoping that the mini-site for these samples might be able to be an accumulation of the net's resources for the TX16W. It might actually be just as easy this way with the few ideas I have in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frans View Post
Yes, I'll send him the lot, I get rid of them
Hmm, are you implying that these disks carry with them a terrible curse? If so, do I at least get a free frogurt?
16th May 2011
Old 16th May 2011
Lives for gear

Well, you could have three curses for the price of one! Bargain!!!
Anyone who's dealing with the Yamaha OS shouldn't be impressed with severe curses at all. She/he already has been through the worst.
omegaomega
9th June 2011
Old 9th June 2011
Lives for gear

Hello again!

How it's going with the disks rcaine?
Did you end up getting them from frans?
Any chance you could upload them any time soon?...
18th June 2011
Old 18th June 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Hello again!

How it's going with the disks rcaine?
Did you end up getting them from frans?
Any chance you could upload them any time soon?...
Ahh, I just now read this. I didn't realize that I wasn't subscribed to the thread. =\

The mass of disks arrived in the mail on Wednesday (thanks again, Frans!), and I'll be starting to go through them in the next day or two. It could be a few weeks, though, before I'm able to check out all of the disks, compare them with the currently available disks, and archive and upload the new disks with accompanying notes. Or would you prefer a few disks at a time as I come across them rather than the whole lot all at once? That may keep things a bit more lively.

-Ryan
omegaomega
18th June 2011
Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ahh, I just now read this. I didn't realize that I wasn't subscribed to the thread. =\

The mass of disks arrived in the mail on Wednesday (thanks again, Frans!), and I'll be starting to go through them in the next day or two. It could be a few weeks, though, before I'm able to check out all of the disks, compare them with the currently available disks, and archive and upload the new disks with accompanying notes. Or would you prefer a few disks at a time as I come across them rather than the whole lot all at once? That may keep things a bit more lively.

-Ryan
Hi Ryan

Do as you feel easier for you.
I guess it would be more lively a few disks at a time, but if this is not convenient for you, do it as you prefer.

In any case, I'm waiting...
28th June 2011
Old 28th June 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Hi Ryan

Do as you feel easier for you.
I guess it would be more lively a few disks at a time, but if this is not convenient for you, do it as you prefer.

In any case, I'm waiting...
Just pokin' my head in this thread to mention that I've yet to make any headway with this, sadly, but I am inching closer to making a solid chunk of free time. This weekend, maybe?

And thanks for the patience. My curiosity keeps begggggging me to get to this as soon as possible. "Them '80s be nearby says I!" it'll proclaim as it pulls me diskward.
5th July 2011
Old 5th July 2011
Gear interested

Okay, all the disks have been gone through and copied. A number of disks couldn't be successfully read in my PC's floppy drive, so they had to be loaded in the TX16W and saved as Typhoon disks. Between the PC and the TX16W, all disks were read without any issues.

There were 160 disks in total, with 70 new sound sets (and a handful of these are two or more disks each). I did my best to find which of these disks have already been uploaded and made available. There may still be a duplicate or two, as I'm not yet familiar with all of the currently available sound sets. But I compared the file names of each disk, so I believe each of these are indeed new.

Still left to do is the double-checking of each disk to ensure they load properly. Also, two of the disks in this set are from Sound Source Unlimited, so I have to e-mail them about permission to share these disks that appear to no longer be available for purchase.

Think that's it for now. So, two or three more days?
omegaomega
5th July 2011
Old 5th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Okay, all the disks have been gone through and copied. A number of disks couldn't be successfully read in my PC's floppy drive, so they had to be loaded in the TX16W and saved as Typhoon disks. Between the PC and the TX16W, all disks were read without any issues.

There were 160 disks in total, with 70 new sound sets (and a handful of these are two or more disks each). I did my best to find which of these disks have already been uploaded and made available. There may still be a duplicate or two, as I'm not yet familiar with all of the currently available sound sets. But I compared the file names of each disk, so I believe each of these are indeed new.

Still left to do is the double-checking of each disk to ensure they load properly. Also, two of the disks in this set are from Sound Source Unlimited, so I have to e-mail them about permission to share these disks that appear to no longer be available for purchase.

Think that's it for now. So, two or three more days?
These are some great news rcaine!
We appreciate all your hard work, all of us TX16W owners, I'm sure!
This sampler has a certain "magic" quality to it, a unique sound, and with all the new disks so kindly donated by frans, and your hard work, it will get even more useful and versatile.

Thank you again!
6th July 2011
Old 6th July 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
These are some great news rcaine!
We appreciate all your hard work, all of us TX16W owners, I'm sure!
This sampler has a certain "magic" quality to it, a unique sound, and with all the new disks so kindly donated by frans, and your hard work, it will get even more useful and versatile.

Thank you again!
Hey, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that these disks will be able to live on in one way or another.

I definitely agree that the TX16W has a unique quality to it, as if it takes each sound to the stars and back at the speed of light upon playback and then combines the original waveform with the accumulation of what the sample felt during the journey and delivers the resulting sound. Or something...it's late here. But it's the first sampler that I've truly gelled with, for both its sound and usability.

And I went back through and re-copied the disks that I had earlier converted to Typhoon format due to the read errors on my PC. This time around, though, I used the Yamaha OS to read and save the floppies, so all the files remain in their original state. This will also allow for SY99 compatibility. I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me earlier, but hey, at least it came to me eventually.
omegaomega
6th July 2011
Old 6th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that these disks will be able to live on in one way or another.

I definitely agree that the TX16W has a unique quality to it, as if it takes each sound to the stars and back at the speed of light upon playback and then combines the original waveform with the accumulation of what the sample felt during the journey and delivers the resulting sound. Or something...it's late here. But it's the first sampler that I've truly gelled with, for both its sound and usability.

And I went back through and re-copied the disks that I had earlier converted to Typhoon format due to the read errors on my PC. This time around, though, I used the Yamaha OS to read and save the floppies, so all the files remain in their original state. This will also allow for SY99 compatibility. I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me earlier, but hey, at least it came to me eventually.
You are welcome. I've downloaded your assembly of the TX16W disks from the madtheory site before and I can only imagine how much work it took to do that and now you are going to give to the TX16W community the disks frans donated too.
That's a lot of work and it must be appreciated.

I thought you had tried reading the disks with the TX16W, so I didn't mention it. Strange how some times we don't think of the simplest things, ha?...
I'm certainly over-thinking and over-complicating things usually, for sure...
6th July 2011
Old 6th July 2011
Lives for gear

i hated this sampler with a passion...bought one to add to my EmaxII when i kept running out of sample time and polyphony...only problem was it was so hard to use i never got it going. Most sh!t piece of hardware EVER to enter my studio. Even my roland sound canvas was more useful :P
omegaomega
6th July 2011
Old 6th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
i hated this sampler with a passion...bought one to add to my EmaxII when i kept running out of sample time and polyphony...only problem was it was so hard to use i never got it going. Most sh!t piece of hardware EVER to enter my studio. Even my roland sound canvas was more useful :P
Go to the first page of the thread and find the demo links Don posted (by Mr Varaldo)...
I don't think it sounds bad...
8th July 2011
Old 8th July 2011
Gear interested

Okay, got the soundsets tested and finished up. The link and contents are below.

A few notes on the package: All soundsets, except one noted below, are in standard Yamaha format. These should be fully compatible with the Yamaha OS, Typhoon 2000 OS, and the SY99. The testing I did was on a TX16W with 4.5 MB RAM using the Typhoon 2000 OS.

Each soundset is in its own folder in its proper-ish category. The names applied to each set were taken from the disk labels themselves. I don't know who Walter is.

Notes about some of the soundsets:

[Brass] Sax Family - Disk 1 is Yamaha's DBS308. Disk 2 seems new, though.
[Combo] Kurzweil Sounds - When importing this in Typhoon, switch disks when it prompts you about the incorrect version of wave A3
[Combo] Producer Set I - I tried everything I could think of, but I had no luck making a direct duplicate of this set, so this one's in Typhoon format only.
[Drums] Drum & Percussion - Acoustic drums from existing soundsets + selection from [Drums] Latin Percussion
[Drums] Drumkit 2 - Possible duplicate?
[Drums] Indian Drums - Disk 1 was missing from this set, so the samples from disks 2-4 have to be loaded manually.
[Drums] Dance Industrial II - When importing this in Typhoon, switch to disk 2 when it prompts you about the incorrect version of wave DIRLIC2R; switch to 3 when it prompts about DIRLIE3R; and this is a three disk set, so you may need more than the stock 1.5 MB RAM to fully load it.
[Guitar] E-Guitar - When importing this in Typhoon, switch disks when it prompts you about the incorrect version of wave D

There are 68 soundsets in total, rather than the 70 mentioned earlier. I found a couple duplicates when going through them again. There may still be another duplcate or three, as I'm still not yet fully familiar with all of the soundsets. If you do find one in this package, could you make a quick note about it in this thread? Big thanks!

And feel free to ask any questions! I'm sure I forgot to mention a number of details and such.

----------

File: tx16w_soundsets.zip - 39.3 MB

Quote:
Bass
- E-Bass (2 Disks)
- E-Bass 2
- E-Bass 3
- Monster Bass
- String Bass (2 Disks)
- Synth Bass

Brass
- Brass 1
- Brass 5
- MD-Trumpet
- Sax Family (2 Disks)
- Trombone & Trumpet
- Trumpet
- Yamaha SDL 3

Combo
- Combo I
- D-50 Organ & Strings
- Italian Orchestra Set (2 Disks)
- Kurzweil Sounds (2 Disks)
- Producer Set I (Typhoon) (2 Disks)
- Producer Set II (2 Disks)
- Walter's Mix
- Walter's O

Drums
- Acoustic Percussion
- Dance Industrial II (3 Disks)
- Drum & Percussion
- Drumkit 2
- Drums P20 (2 Disks)
- Elektronik Drums
- Indian Drums (3 Disks)
- Latin Percussion
- Linn 9000
- Linn MPC 60
- Percussion 3
- Power Drums
- SY77 Percussion (2 Disks)

Effects
- Machines

Ethnic
- Phrase I
- Walter's Hackbrett

Guitar
- E-Guitar (2 Disks)
- E-Guitar Lead
- Mondo Guitar Effects I
- Strat I

Keys
- Harpsichord
- Rock Organ I
- Rock Organ II

Piano
- Piano 2
- Piano 3 (2 Disks)
- Piano 4
- Yamaha SDL 1

Plucked
- Harp I
- Harp II

Strings
- Contrabass & Cello
- Hit Strings
- String Set Stereo
- String Set Stereo 2-Disk (2 Disks)
- Violin Set

Synth
- Best of M1
- Best of PPG II
- Moogs
- Space Keys 2
- Super JX

Tuned Percussion
- Glocken I
- Orchestra Hit
- Timpani & Gong
- Tubular Bells & Steel Drums
- Wind Chimes & Handbell

Voices
- Choir Huu-Haa
- Euphonium Choir
- Pop Voices II
8th July 2011
Old 8th July 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
I thought you had tried reading the disks with the TX16W, so I didn't mention it. Strange how some times we don't think of the simplest things, ha?...
I'm certainly over-thinking and over-complicating things usually, for sure...
Ahh, my earlier details weren't all that clear. =\ I was using both my PC and the TX16W to read the disks. The PC went first and the TX16W when the PC had no success. But when I used the TX16W, I only used Typhoon the first time around, not even realizing that I could save an exact copy using the Yamaha OS. And upon realization, I mumbled something like "err, right, of course" in a sheepish effort to minimize the embarrassment the TX16W was slyly looking to coerce out of me.

Hmm, I'm not sure what I'm talking about here. I can only think in numbers and floppies it seems. Or I just need to go engage in sleep-like activity.
8th July 2011
Old 8th July 2011
Gear maniac

big up to rcaine for sharing

i dont even have one....but great to see some love going round
omegaomega
3rd August 2011
Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

I've just seen that you had posted the files, almost a month ago!!
Thank you so much rcaine. I appreciate it a lot, and I'm sure all current and future owners of TX16Ws will!

Big thumbs up!!!!
12th December 2011
Old 12th December 2011
Lives for gear

Wow brother rcaine, that was lots of work and I'm sure it was well appreciated by most TX16W fans.

omegaomega you know allot about the TX16W

frans & Scoopicman you are truly the TX16W cynosure's.

I was looking for some help in converting the TX16w Waves into conventional waves on a PC.
I remember some time ago trying a program that did TX16W conversions that could be loaded onto a PC from

USB floppy, then converted into wave to be used in any PC wave playing DAW, or wave playing device.

Can any TX16W experts please suggest to me the proper way or (Program ) to convert the TX16W and load on my PC? (or whatever suggestions you may have to recover /retrieve and playback the samples from the TX16W Disc.)

I have over 70 TX16W Disc and my TX16W disc drive died some time ago.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Peace & blessings.
17th December 2011
Old 17th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggmail View Post

Wow brother rcaine, that was lots of work and I'm sure it was well appreciated by most TX16W fans.

omegaomega you know allot about the TX16W

frans & Scoopicman you are truly the TX16W cynosure's.

I was looking for some help in converting the TX16w Waves into conventional waves on a PC.
I remember some time ago trying a program that did TX16W conversions that could be loaded onto a PC from

USB floppy, then converted into wave to be used in any PC wave playing DAW, or wave playing device.

Can any TX16W experts please suggest to me the proper way or (Program ) to convert the TX16W and load on my PC? (or whatever suggestions you may have to recover /retrieve and playback the samples from the TX16W Disc.)

I have over 70 TX16W Disc and my TX16W disc drive died some time ago.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Peace & blessings.

Brother Fran is nice and kind enough, and is in the process of helping me out, but if anyone have a working functional TX16W and want to ( sell or get rid of ) please PM or email me (Reggmail@aol.com) with a reasonable price including the shipping price to ( Philadelphia zip 19124)
Through Paypal and I will facilitate you.
I have some TXW floppies with vocals that was done years ago that I would like to transfer and re-do music to the materiel.
Thanks you.
& blessings.
16th May 2013
Old 16th May 2013
Gear interested

is it possible to reup this soundset ??

i will get a TX16W Sampler, so some sounds would be nice

looking for 909 / 808 / PADS / Strings etc.

thanks

T*
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear interested

FREE TX !^W Sample Library and OS and Memory

I have a whole box of TX 16W samples library (hundreds of disks) , os disks, memory, etc. FREE for anyone who is wants it ... first come first serve, just pay freight. email ek@onlinecorp.com for details. I hate to throw it away ... when somebody can use it.
22nd June 2013
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear interested

TX 16W samples

I have a whole box of TX 16W samples library (hundreds of disks) , os disks, memory, etc. FREE for anyone who is wants it ... first come first serve, just pay freight. email ek@onlinecorp.com for details. I hate to throw it away ... when somebody can use it.
30th September 2013
Old 30th September 2013

9th October 2013
Old 9th October 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Hey buddy, how about uploading that to proper place.
Here ya go, sunshine: tx16w_soundsets.zip
30th December 2013
Old 30th December 2013
Gear interested

Ok, I finally revisited this thread and saw that I could re-upload the two archives mentioned in post #18. These are re-upped using the gearslutz sendspace account (which I hope isn't a problem), so hopefully they'll last longer than before:

TX16W-Typhoon.zip (29.54MB)

TX16W-Yamaha.zip (104.97MB)

Enjoy!
30th December 2013
Old 30th December 2013

Thanks! I can't believe that there are just two of us who care for TX16W.
30th December 2013
Old 30th December 2013
Lives for gear

I care I love that sampler's sound. Actually if one asks me, I prefer Yamaha's OS to Typhoon

And I know that our resident TX16W expert - ScoopicMan - cares a lot about it too

I have a lot of disks and one of these days I'll have to post images on my web site since there used to be a very good sample repository on the Web, but I think it's gone now
30th December 2013
Old 30th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Thanks! I can't believe that there are just two of us who care for TX16W.
I'd be happy to get one myself, I just never see them for sale around here.
30th December 2013
Old 30th December 2013
Gear Head

It seems to me that you guys are not the only ones who appreciate this sampler. Sonic Charge just released a free TX16W emulation (VST):
Sonic Charge - home
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search