Liquidthrust
22nd November 2010
Old 22nd November 2010
Banned

DJ Falcon track

Hi, I was wondering how he built up the bassdrum and snare on his 'unplugged' track. It sounds like an overcompressed 707 maybe sampled into an sp1200 or mpc60? I can recognize the filtered 707 clap at the start. (I believe) It's probably the 3630 workin it too..

YouTube - DJ Falcon - Unplugged
22nd November 2010
Old 22nd November 2010
Gear addict

i'm afraid i don't know, but i also wanted to give some love to and start some discussion on another cut from that record, my favorite french house song ever:

that is a MASSIVE kick...

those quêmes blow my mind
22nd November 2010
Old 22nd November 2010
Gear interested

I dont know eighter mate.

These are my favourite 2 FH tracks:

KILLERS!!! , of course i also love Louis la roche, daft punk, silver disco, modjo etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thick accent View Post
i'm afraid i don't know, but i also wanted to give some love to and start some discussion on another cut from that record, my favorite french house song ever:

that is a MASSIVE kick...

those quêmes blow my mind
Liquidthrust
22nd November 2010
Old 22nd November 2010
Banned

You can hear an mpc metronome at the beginning on his 'first' track. I think he used the 60 on the entire album, it can't be the 3000, these tracks are too meaty.
22nd November 2010
Old 22nd November 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidthrust View Post
You can hear an mpc metronome at the beginning on his 'first' track. I think he used the 60 on the entire album, it can't be the 3000, these tracks are too meaty.
hm, the french dudes are usually on the SP tip, braxe said in his FM interview that the mpc60 sounds too compressed for what they do. it's possible he used it as a sequencer, though.
Liquidthrust
22nd November 2010
Old 22nd November 2010
Banned

Yea I know. Him using an sp would make more sense. Braxe is his nephew, so maybe he used Braxe's studio. Just a shot in the dark. I mean the guy has put out one record and a few remixes.. I don't think he owns any gear :D hmmm hence DJ..Falcon
22nd November 2010
Old 22nd November 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidthrust View Post
Yea I know. Him using an sp would make more sense. Braxe is his nephew, so maybe he used Braxe's studio. Just a shot in the dark. I mean the guy has put out one record and a few remixes.. I don't think he owns any gear :D hmmm hence DJ..Falcon
he's closer to daft punk musically than his cousin, actually...they are just now starting to collaborate (he and braxe). he stated recently that he's gotten into modulars (daft punk too, fancy that) so i'm sure he's got his own little project studio. he has said several times the electro sound didn't interest him so he's basically taken a break while all the distorted stuff has ruled the clubs.

i digress though, back on topic: how does he get them kicks?
Liquidthrust
22nd November 2010
Old 22nd November 2010
Banned

BLAST we will never get the secret formula they better start talking if they wanna keep the sound alive for future generations.. just sayin
26th July 2014
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear

more ?
3 Weeks Ago
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lives for gear

up
3 Weeks Ago
Old 3 Weeks Ago
3 Weeks Ago
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lives for gear

The track the OP was asking about sounds much more like an MPC than an SP.
It sounds like a digital filter opening / closing, so maybe an MPC3000 as the 60 doesnt have a filter
Id put money on it being an MPC3000
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search