Novation X-Station pitch bend
New Reply
Subscribe
tim7o7
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Gear interested

Novation X-Station pitch bend

I can't figure out how to calibrate the pitch bend on the Novation X-Station to bend at different intervals rather than just a standard whole step up and down. I'm trying to do this in the "Play"/synth mode. I've done this before on other synths to have it bend as much as 2 octaves if desired.

Also if this is possible would that make the MIDI pitch bend amount that much also?

-Tim

First post on here but found tons of useful info here in the past.
Mr Arkadin
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Mr Arkadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7o7 View Post
I can't figure out how to calibrate the pitch bend on the Novation X-Station to bend at different intervals rather than just a standard whole step up and down. I'm trying to do this in the "Play"/synth mode. I've done this before on other synths to have it bend as much as 2 octaves if desired.

Also if this is possible would that make the MIDI pitch bend amount that much also?

-Tim

First post on here but found tons of useful info here in the past.
Page 51 in the user manual explains all - you adjust the paramter per oscillator, so you could have a different pitch bend range for each osc - don't think there's a global setting.

There is no adjustment for MIDI - pitch bend sends 0-127, the receiving device defines how it reacts to that information.
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Arkadin View Post
There is no adjustment for MIDI - pitch bend sends 0-127, the receiving device defines how it reacts to that information.
In "Synth" mode, yes, Pitch Bend will be 0-127 over MIDI/USB, but in "Play" mode, the Pitch Bend upper and lower limits are configurable for each Template.

I think using the XStationEditor application is the easiest way to edit templates...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search