Novation X-Station pitch bend
tim7o7
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Gear interested

Novation X-Station pitch bend

I can't figure out how to calibrate the pitch bend on the Novation X-Station to bend at different intervals rather than just a standard whole step up and down. I'm trying to do this in the "Play"/synth mode. I've done this before on other synths to have it bend as much as 2 octaves if desired.

Also if this is possible would that make the MIDI pitch bend amount that much also?

-Tim

First post on here but found tons of useful info here in the past.
Mr Arkadin
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Mr Arkadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7o7 View Post
I can't figure out how to calibrate the pitch bend on the Novation X-Station to bend at different intervals rather than just a standard whole step up and down. I'm trying to do this in the "Play"/synth mode. I've done this before on other synths to have it bend as much as 2 octaves if desired.

Also if this is possible would that make the MIDI pitch bend amount that much also?

-Tim

First post on here but found tons of useful info here in the past.
Page 51 in the user manual explains all - you adjust the paramter per oscillator, so you could have a different pitch bend range for each osc - don't think there's a global setting.

There is no adjustment for MIDI - pitch bend sends 0-127, the receiving device defines how it reacts to that information.
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Arkadin View Post
There is no adjustment for MIDI - pitch bend sends 0-127, the receiving device defines how it reacts to that information.
In "Synth" mode, yes, Pitch Bend will be 0-127 over MIDI/USB, but in "Play" mode, the Pitch Bend upper and lower limits are configurable for each Template.

I think using the XStationEditor application is the easiest way to edit templates...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search