Muser
21st October 2010
Old 21st October 2010
Lives for gear

OSX SMDI - SCSI MIDI Utility

SMDI :

a basic Samples transfer program, for SMDI-compatibles Synth and Samplers

Quote:
It only has been tested with a Adaptec 2906 SCSI adapter, built-in G3 SCSI, an EX5, a K2000 and some EMU.
Please send feedback to me about which SCSI adapter and Sampler work or do not work.

Other MacOS X resources
21st October 2010
Old 21st October 2010
Lives for gear

OSX SysEX Sender & a Waldorf Wave synthesizer app

I'm going to just start putting in other useful information here.
so as not to fully waist the thread.

This following page link will be being translated.

There are a few other utilities here too.
for the IBK 10 control
for the Waldorf Wave
for the Moog Voyager

Google Translate

Muser
21st October 2010
Old 21st October 2010
Lives for gear

Emagic SoundDiver - Extra Adaptions +an RY30

I have SoundDiver 3.1.0 Public beta 2.
this should be available to anyone who has the Logic dongle.
Mine works under OSX but requires the Dongle.

This is a link for the Yahoo SoundDiver users Group.
sounddiver-users : SoundDiver Users Group

Another soundDiver resource
audio.emagic.sounddiver (date)

Here is a link to some extra adaptations for SoundDiver.
Emagic SoundDiver: Universal Synth Editor

If you have problems locating SoundDiver check the bottom if the page on this ink.
He mentions Wayback machine for locating old links which are now inactive.
I haven't used it myself. let me know if it works.
http://synth.stromeko.net/Downloads.html

AKAI SG01k --------------------------------------- A performance editor to layer 4 sounds.
AKAI SG01v --------------------------------------- A performance editor to layer 4 sounds.
Behringer Modulizer Pro DSP1224P ------- A Single editor.
CASIO CZ-1 --------------------------------------- An editor to make hidden parameters available - Sync, Ring Mod variations, ultra-fast LFO, etc.
Ensoniq SQ-R plus 32voice ------------------ Supports the 32 voice version's extended ROM waveform. Some nonsignificant parameters are omitted.
KAWAI R-100 ------------------------------------- A Kit editor.
KAWAI Spectra KC10 / XS-1 ----------------- A Single / Multi patch editor.
KAWAI K11 / Gmega --------------------------- A Single patch editor.
KAWAI GMega / KC20 ------------------------- A performance editor to layer 4 sounds.
KAWAI GMouse XC-1 -------------------------- A performance editor to layer 4 sounds.
KORG DS-8 --------------------------------------- A Single patch editor.
KORG Symphony ------------------------------- A Multi patch editor.
KORG 01/W -------------------------------------- An easy editor with 2OSC-1Filter architecture.
KORG AG-10 ------------------------------------- An editor to exploit the hidden bug - circuit-bending-like loop modulation.
KORG Z1 ------------------------------------------ An editor to emulate Roland JX's voice architecture.
Roland Alpha JUNO --------------------------- An editor with bug-fix for SoundDiver's preset editor.
Roland MT-32 ------------------------------------ An easy editor with 4OSC-1Filter architecture.
Roland SoundCanvas SC-55mkII ---------- A performance editor to layer 4 sounds.
Roland MC-303 ---------------------------------- A performance editor to layer 4 sounds.
YAMAHA DX7 / TX7 ---------------------------- Two easy editors: 1) 2OSC-1Filter architecture, and 2) Dual 3-OP FM synth architecture.
YAMAHA DX7II / TX802 ----------------------- An easy editor with Dual 3-OP FM synth architecture.
YAMAHA TQ5 ------------------------------------ A Single patch editor with graphical algorithm display.
YAMAHA TG55 / SY55 ------------------------ An easy editor with 2OSC-2SubOSC-1Filter architecture.
YAMAHA TG33 2 -------------------------------- Single editors: 1) Full editor, 2) Significant parameters selected.
YAMAHA RY30 --------------------------------- A Single patch editor.
YAMAHA SY99 ---------------------------------- An easy editor with 3 VA OSC + 1 PCM OSC + 2 Filter architecture.
YAMAHA TG100 / CBX-T3 ------------------- A performance editor to layer 4 oscillators.
YAMAHA MU10 / DB50XG / QS300 ------- A Single patch editor - 2 hidden waveforms available.
YAMAHA AN200 -------------------------------- A basic patch editor.
Muser
21st October 2010
Old 21st October 2010
Lives for gear

Music Math 4

Music Math for OSX Universal Binary & OS9.

Softwares

Music Math is a freeware which converts music values (BPM, transpose, Delay, Samples, ms, Hz, Timestretch %, Notes ). Music-Math has 7 conversion functions: Tempo Change, Transpose, Delay, Tap Tempo, Samples, Notes and SMPTE:

• Tempo : computes the equivalent TimeStrecthing from the original and new tempos.
• Transpose: converts semi tones to TimeStrecthing values.
• Delay : convert tempo to musical duration (ms) or equivalent frequencies (Hz), ie for LFOs rates.
• Tap : Tap the tempo
• Samples : convert samples duration (in samples) to tempo or tempo to sample duration.
• Notes: convert MIDI notes to equivalent frequencies (Hz).
• SMPTE: add or substract SMPTE value.
Muser
22nd October 2010
Old 22nd October 2010
Lives for gear

OSCulator

OSCulator.
is a Mac and Windows app using the OSC protocol.
OSCulator

This is an example setting up OSCulator with continuous controllers, for Ableton Live in this case. The video in the other thread, looked to me like someone who had set up OSCulator and had it possibly communicating under the Mackie HUI protocol in Logic. That's potentially a far taller order.

if you load the new Logic and then run OSCulator, you should maybe get more of an idea about what Logic is sending out as OSC

Muser
22nd October 2010
Old 22nd October 2010
Lives for gear

some Ensoniq DP4 & DP4+ information

Slight differences in FX types between the DP4 and DP4+

Ensoniq DP4
FX types = 49 when in serial 1 source mode
FX types = 47 when in parallel 4 source mode - A+B block can be 2 Mono or 1 stereo (Also) C+D block can be 2 Mono (or) 1 stereo,
but it looks like both A+B & C+D can't be mixed together. A+B's algorithm outputs can mix together in a 4 source mode but both inputs are independent.

Ensoniq DP4+
FX types = 56 when in serial 1 source mode
FX types = 49 when in parallel 4 source mode - A+B block can be 2 Mono or 1 stereo (Also) C+D block can be 2 Mono (or) 1 stereo,
but it looks like both A+B & C+D can't be mixed together (exactly as above with the DP4) in the algorithm, but 3+4's main outputs can be summed by a system mode setting.

Extra Types in DP4+
1: VCF Distortion 2ce
2: Guitar Amp 4
3: Digital Tube Ampce
4: Dynamic tube Ampce
5: Tunable Speaker2ce
6: Vocal Remover
7: Guitar Tuner 2U ce

The algorithms are flexible on the DP4 but it doesn't look like any internal routing exists to combine inputs 1 & 2 (with) 3 & 4
(or) mix the outputs of the algorithms signals of 1 & 2 with the outputs of 3 & 4. basically, the algos treat inputs (generally) in pairs.
unless there is some master system setting I missed. you can of course patch the outputs of 1 & 2 into the inputs of 3 & 4 (externally).

However, the DP4+ looks like it has a system setting mode in which you can sum outputs 3+4 with 1+2 at the same time as keeping outputs 3+4 independently carrying the algorithms independent processing.

A DP4+ Manual
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~dattorro/DP4_manual.pdf

Peavey PC1600X Presets. including one for Ensoniq DP4 & DP2
Peavey.com :: PC 1600x Presets
Muser
23rd October 2010
Old 23rd October 2010
Lives for gear

My Top 3 OSX helper apps.

Backdrop
John Haney Software - Backdrop; Apps for Mac OS X and iPhone
Backdrop is a simple utility to fill your screen with a giant blank window.
Fill the window with a solid color or a custom image, your choice.

Trampoline
Trampoline
Trampoline puts the mac feeling back in to the words application launcher.

Overflow
Overflow - Application and document launcher for Mac OS X - Stunt Software
Overflow is an application designed to quickly launch applications,
open documents, or access folders while reducing the number of items needed in your Dock.
Muser
31st October 2010
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear

a usefull looking 1 in 8 out Midi thru box.

as above.

Midi Solutions T8

MIDI Solutions T8; Eight Output MIDI Thru Box

Some useful applications for OS Midi and a Beat Sync to a cheap (untested by me) Midi Clock unit.

Backline Basic
http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/backline/

OSX.
MIDI Patchbay 1.0.3 <-- looks quite handy.
Apple - Downloads - Audio - MIDI Patchbay

MidiClock 1.2 <-- created at the time of OSX 10.1
well I just ran the software on my intel Mac so it looks promising.
MidiClock 1.2 mac free download. MIDI clock lets you synchronize multiple sequencer applications on the same computer or over a MIDI connection.

HARDWARE.
RED SOUND - SOUNDBITE Micro AUDIO-MIDI SYNC + SAMPLER. <-- cheap Audio click to Midi Clock or maybe standalone Midi Clock solution.
if you feed this an audio track from your DAW with a click the clock generation might be better than what it was generally designed for. e.g. calculating BPM from beat sensing Vinyl.

SoundBITE micro - Red Sound Systems

Expert Sleepers - Clocker
It looks like a Live only plug-in but it is listed as AU so it's Logic compliant too.

Clocker is a utility plug-in that sends MIDI clock.

Why would you want a plug-in to do that, when your host app sends MIDI clock perfectly fine? Well, with Clocker you have a separate, adjustable source of MIDI clock. So you can send all kinds of crazy tempo to some of your outboard gear, while the rest of your stuff plays back in time as usual.

It's a niche requirement, granted.
Oh, it's free, as in beer.

Downloads page.
Expert Sleepers - Downloads
31st October 2010
Old 31st October 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
SMDI :

a basic Samples transfer program, for SMDI-compatibles Synth and Samplers

Quote:
It only has been tested with a Adaptec 2906 SCSI adapter, built-in G3 SCSI, an EX5, a K2000 and some EMU.
Please send feedback to me about which SCSI adapter and Sampler work or do not work.

Other MacOS X resources
any infos which fw/scsi adapter is needed ?
31st October 2010
Old 31st October 2010
Gear addict

I am going to give the smidi software a try on my powerbook, later this week. I will give a detailed report if I have success.

http://stores.ebay.com/Sarmoung-Sound-System?_rdc=1
Muser
31st October 2010
Old 31st October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkor View Post
any infos which fw/scsi adapter is needed ?
well this guy is stating the Adaptec 2906 SCSI adapter which was PCI I think. but I think he is saying any G3 with built in SCSI. which I suppose could be the powermac 7600 era. but I bet an old G3 333 lombard powerbook or even a way older 1400 or even earlier might work.. they often had PCMCIA slots so you could likely use that with a PCMCIA to to CF card adapter.

I even boot my G3 powerbook from a CF card in one of those using OS 9.0.4. it's a bit tricky because you have to make sure you have the CD in the Drive so the Boot cycle picks up the boot blocks from the CD... then you egect the CD so it doesn't carry on... but I expect you can have them inside.. which I couldn't do because the internal Disk controller is screwed on mine.

but anyhow, those old powerbooks with SCSI and a PCMCIA slot are great.

The G3 333 lombard has SCSI and PCMCIA and USB. the ones after that with Firewire dropped the SCSI.

There is no Firewire involved in this SMDI apps requirements, or capability for that matter. It's all plain old SCSI.

I think, the more oddities you try like Firewire to SCSI (if that even exists) the more chance you have for errors. straight ahead reliable SCSI like what Adaptec were renown for, or the old powerbooks are often the most reliable.
you want OS9.0.4 on a G3 probably. OS8.5 and OS 8.6 were pretty ok too usually. Well actually, not for this SMDI app (it's OSX) but having OS9 I personally prefer, with the classic great old apps for that system. I can transfer from apps on OS9 so I don't really need SMDI myself. I prefer to use OS9 on the older Macs.. it's really a fast OS on a G3 powerbook. faster than OSX in many respects. but this is the First OSX SCSI Midi app I have found so it will be interesting to see if people find it works with OSX booting SCSI enabled powerbooks and powermacs.

someone looks as though they might be trying real soon. :D

Quote:
I am going to give the smidi software a try on my powerbook, later this week. I will give a detailed report if I have success.
excellent thumbsup
Muser
4th November 2010
Old 4th November 2010
Lives for gear

Social Media and Forum Planner

Muser
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Lives for gear

Hardware Midi OX and Yoke

8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Gear addict

what is it for
Muser
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Lives for gear

OSX 10.4 PPC Audio Detour

By rogueamoeba.

Detour ceased development on PPC OSX 10.4 but still is available for this OS.

Shame.. you could route any apps audio output to any available output source and also control the volume.

Rogue Amoeba | Detour
Muser
8th November 2010
Old 8th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord toranaga View Post
what is it for
it alters midi data by a set of rules you set up in their Windows software.
so it's a programmable midi manipulator in hardware.

filter channels of extra midi rubbish so your hardware is faster.
transform controllers into SysEx etc.

looks pretty comprehensive.

oh yeah.. and with 32 memories.
Muser
11th November 2010
Old 11th November 2010
Lives for gear

Logic and MPC instrument Link

I posted this on another thread but I'll put it here as well.

just so there is no confusion about what you can do with Logic and an MPC.
here is how you make a switchable Link up between the Logic instruments and Logics tracks.
so you can avoid all the problems of duplicated Midi information and are able to choose what to record and what to just hard route to the instruments.

if you use a Logic track which is set to (No Output) you can still record on that track.
If you record all 16 midi channels you can then split demix by channel and drag those to the right instrument track.
then you can switch out the connection so it goes nowhere. that will be position 3 on the switch in this case.

you can route to either the sequencer input (only)
the instrument (only)
Both
or to (nowhere)

The IAC bus in my image is what will be one midi input cable from your MPC.
If you have a touch screen these switches will respond when you touch them.
just like they do with a mouse. I have turned the last 3 switches into a text view mode just so I can write in them for instructions.

I've also exploded the view on the last one so you can more easily see what would be going where.
The first switch is set to position 3. which is OFF.

Muser
16th November 2010
Old 16th November 2010
Lives for gear

OSX Midi Monitor / analyzer

What is it?

MIDI Monitor is a utility for Mac OS X which displays MIDI signals in a variety of formats. It can watch both incoming and outgoing MIDI streams, and can filter them by message type and channel.

Mac OS X, 10.3.9 or later

s n o i z e : MIDI Monitor

Muser
3rd December 2010
Old 3rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Midi IO & Alesis Micron AU controller.

MidiO

Download midiO, an Audio Unit plugin for DAWs such as GarageBand that don't support MIDI output. This plugin allows one to drive a MIDI based synthesizer from any DAW that supports software instrument Audio Units.

micronAU 1.0
micronAU is an audio unit that allows one to fully control and automate the Alesis Micron synthesizer.

http://mysite.verizon.net/retroware/
Muser
3rd December 2010
Old 3rd December 2010
Lives for gear

If you are going to use the expert sleepers (clocker) midi clock in Logic, you will have to use (this) midiO plug-in as the instrument in an instrument channel and clocker as an insert. then you can route the clock time to an IAC channel (among other things).
http://mysite.verizon.net/retroware/

use (this) midi monitor to view midi data on the IAC.
s n o i z e : MIDI Monitor

EDIT:
I just found that MidiO as an instrument plug-in can send Midi Clock itself without using clocker
and it can send it right to (any) available midi out. you can switch MidiO to (not) send clock and still
use clocker as an insert.

Clocker has the advantage of being able to slow down or speed up the tempo, independently of
the songs master tempo.
Muser
19th December 2010
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

MU MIDI Controller
Free Download MU MIDI Controller 2.6 - MU MIDI Controller Free Downloads

Music Unfolding MIDI Controller is a software MIDI controller. Use it to play synthesizers and music into the music notation programs. It uses a combination of mouse, keyboard, and possibly a Wacom tablet, to send messages to connected MIDI devices. MU MIDI Controller works with software and hardware MIDI devices. Typing and configurable parameters control the mouse to single notes or chords. Contains long list of predefined agreements or change yourself. Chords and single notes can be sent to separate MIDI channels.

CO2 MIDI Launcher 1.0
Download Free CO2 MIDI Launcher, CO2 MIDI Launcher 1.0 Download

"It allows you to put applications,documents,folders, and more under MIDI program"
BS Editor: CO2 MIDI Launcher allows you to put applications, documents, folders, scripts and more under MIDI program change control. Use your MIDI controller to load songs for your music application, bring up lyrics, open folders, run AppleScripts and more!
Muser
14th January 2011
Old 14th January 2011
Lives for gear

ProTools 8 key commands to Logic Pro 9

Muser
15th January 2011
Old 15th January 2011
Lives for gear

Muser
2nd February 2011
Old 2nd February 2011
Lives for gear

Sample Calculator

Muser
3rd February 2011
Old 3rd February 2011
Lives for gear

Native Instruments Kontak - Memory Purge

apparently, this is the most thorough way to release memory in Kontakt.

Under Purge in the Kontakt interface, select - Purge all samples.
When purged, the Green lights change to Red lights.
Under Purge in the Kontakt interface, select - Reset Markers

then, got to the Engine Tab and Click - Restart Engine
Play through all the notes in the DAW tracks which use Kontakt.
you can set the Tempo Very high in order to do it quickly and then set it back.

then.
Under Purge in the Kontakt interface, select - update sample pool.
then, got to the Engine Tab and Click - Restart Engine
Muser
26th February 2011
Old 26th February 2011
Lives for gear

Akai S3000 and S2800 - different Ram option

Muser
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

MPC potential Logic midi routing solution OSX

Audio Plugin Player

This might be good for MPC users who want to route multiple midi channels
to different instruments.

obviously not just MPC users but any sequencer.

I don't have the right OS to know if it works. be good to know though.
you need to be able to access the app store.

Audio Plugin Player

Muser
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

Software Peavey PC1600

20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

A lot of random good posts bookmarked for later reading
Muser
20th April 2012
Old 20th April 2012
Lives for gear

free sidechain comp

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search