Alan Parsons' Art & Science of Sound
Mr. Varaldo
15th October 2010
Old 15th October 2010
Lives for gear

got this in the email today.... I watched all the 2 min. preview videos, seems nice, and Alan Parsons obviously needs no introduction... Anybody considering getting this? The Art and Science of Sound Recording |
15th October 2010
Old 15th October 2010
Lives for gear

yes. almost completed the 3rd disc now. I think it is wonderful. At first it thought it's level was below me as it was a lot of history and very basic knowledge, but there are definitely many more hidden nuggets of good info to find throughout.
My favorite part is how it reaffirms some of my crazy ideas like "dont waste valuable time picking the perfect mic... just use a good one and EQ it later if need be"
The interviews of active industry producers is especially interesting.

The cost seemed like nothing when it is the equal to flying out to LA and spending a whole weekend listening to top pros in the field.
Highly recommended.
Deleted User
15th October 2010
Old 15th October 2010
Deleted User

I had it ordered for nearly a year and recieved a letter yesterday telling me that ontop of the £120 that I'd already spent on it, I need to spend another £16 for handling and VAT, something that wasn't told when buying it. So at the minute, I'm pretty pissed off!!
25th October 2010
Old 25th October 2010
Lives for gear

Just finished these 3 DVD set. FANTASTIC! A lot was review for me, but the hints, tidbits I picked up were worth the price. And to just hang out with Alan Parsons (on video) in studios and talking with all those other producers was incredible. I hope they take our advice and do another one on a higher level with more detail on mixing.

Already loaned to a buddy and he thinks it's fantastic so far also
25th October 2010
Old 25th October 2010
Gear addict

It's very nice!

As others have mentioned, there is a lot of "basics" covered but, overall, it's a great learning resource.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search