Originally Posted by The Architecture View Post
New song with video of mixdown in progress
beautiful
Old 14th May 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty Dog View Post
http://soundcloud.com/ghosty-dog/sine-qua-non
Samples of my voice at three pitches, played back at different rates, tap delayed and layered numerous times by bouncing tape tracks until saturation occurred. Intermittently added phasing and manual pans.
Inspired by Jon Hassell's use of just the trumpet mouthpiece in his work with Brian Eno.
really nice man
Old 14th May 2011
Gear nut

Old 15th May 2011
Every month's 15th day I release a new track. This months isn't an exception. Here you go!

Kraku - Good Morning
Old 16th May 2011
Gear interested

First post. Be gentle.

Here's a song I did with fruityloops before my hard drive fried and I lost the files (my drum loop, my music, my lyrics, my vocals):

Not sure why I'm having a hard time posting. Here is the embed code:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VysMtjzcf5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direct link:
YouTube - 300 million
Old 16th May 2011
Gear interested

Sorry. Missed the forum explaining how to do this.
Old 16th May 2011
Gear addict

Here is one I have floating around in incompletion

Its a fairly rough mix and distorts in places, but like I said, incompletion.

Let me know what you think guys! Any advice/comments are always appreciated

http://soundcloud.com/reubentobias/you-do-care
Old 16th May 2011
Gear Head

Hello!

Old 17th May 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfunkel View Post
Even more dubby techno from me, made with a Monomachine and a MWXT.

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810/monodub-17

You make some great dub dude but why the absence of low end? I was really missing that and I feel a big round kick and some bass would push these tracks to the next tier.
Old 17th May 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenears View Post
You make some great dub dude but why the absence of low end? I was really missing that and I feel a big round kick and some bass would push these tracks to the next tier.
I'm hearing plenty of sub-bass in my headphones.... Great track.
Old 17th May 2011
Gear addict

Well I'll be damned. Guess my Yammies don't go down as low as I thought! I definitely hear it in my headphones.
Old 17th May 2011
Lives for gear

I've been forced to make my music with just headphones for some time and one thing I've noticed is that I generally put too much sub-bass and not enough mid bass, so the tracks sound a bit weird (as in not bassy enough, although there's actually too much bass in the very low region) on speakers sometimes.

Fortunately I just moved 2 days ago and once I set up my Focals I'm back in business, hooray!
Old 17th May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 17th May 2011
Gear Head

I'm Pissing Me Off

Old 17th May 2011
Gear interested

http://snd.sc/mlfmMl

my new remix for swimming with dolphins, using nothing but logic instruments, admiral quality polyana and ez drummer
Old 17th May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 18th May 2011
Gear addict

I just finished an umpteenth take on a mix and master of this track - i'd really appreciate some critique from you guys.

I'm actually really pleased with how it sounds right now, but i've been saying that for the last 6 hours and have gone back and made changes every hour upon listening.

So what does another set of ears hear?

http://soundcloud.com/smoking_robot/daft-punk-end-of-line-smkngrbt

didnt finish this in time for that indaba contest unfortunately and i like how this one turned out more than the derezzed remix i did.
Old 18th May 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
jesus, this is ****ing awesome man - really like what you did w/ the vocals (around the blade of grass line @ 1:48 i believe?) its really an incredible creative use of various processing on what could easily be only an acoustic song, but this took it to another level completely.

let me get over the gushing and i'll see if i cant offer some feedback, i'll get back to you after some more listens through.

im definitely going to have to figure out how you did some of this stuff and incorporate it in my own things
Old 18th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
jesus, this is ****ing awesome man
I agree. Awesomeness. Personally I think we're living in a golden age of music, and this song is a part of it.
Old 18th May 2011
Gear addict

Old 18th May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 18th May 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpie View Post
here's a track recorded in my shed from our band cranium pie...psychey proggy nonsense
http://soundcloud.com/openingmind/rememberrr
Wow, the song is grat man! really captures the sound of some great psych stuff and recalls Gandalf's can you travel in the dark alone to me for some reason a bit, mixed with some other things im not able to recall at the moment, i'll have to go through my record collection now haha - or the sort of prog stylings of after all (see YouTube - After All - Intangible She for example)

anyway, one thing i noticed was the synthesized noise (wind sound ), at 1:16 for example, could come down a few dBs, but not a lot , since the frequencies are so high it should cut through still and mask the acoustic momentarily as it does now. as it stands, i had to adjust my volume for when it comes it.

i'll give it some more listens and see if i cant pick anything else mix wise. but besides that, the track is great - checked out your other songs and they're excellent as well. amazing job capturing the sound and you got some amazing tracks up there.
Old 18th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingrobot View Post
Wow, the song is grat man! really captures the sound of some great psych stuff and recalls Gandalf's can you travel in the dark alone to me for some reason a bit, mixed with some other things im not able to recall at the moment, i'll have to go through my record collection now haha - or the sort of prog stylings of after all (see YouTube - After All - Intangible She for example)

anyway, one thing i noticed was the synthesized noise (wind sound ), at 1:16 for example, could come down a few dBs, but not a lot , since the frequencies are so high it should cut through still and mask the acoustic momentarily as it does now. as it stands, i had to adjust my volume for when it comes it.

i'll give it some more listens and see if i cant pick anything else mix wise. but besides that, the track is great - checked out your other songs and they're excellent as well. amazing job capturing the sound and you got some amazing tracks up there.
hey thanks...yes the white noise form the juno60 was a bit loud..i wanted it to be like a fingerbowl, to wash away what was before ready for the next course
struggling to finish the lp...just gets more and more epic...and the crayfish and robots keep rearing theyre ugly heads from the shadows of my shed...

the next lp going to be a very different affair...recorded in the 11th dimension ...should make life easier
Old 19th May 2011
Old 19th May 2011
Gear maniac

Order & Decay

Old 19th May 2011
Gear Head

Don't listen to this.

I dare you to listen to this track.

This was done live with a Baritone Saxophone, Moog Etherwave Theremin, and Flight of Harmony Infernal Noise Machine, all going into a Boomerang looper. The sax is in stereo; one of the mics is going through an Electro-Harmonix Bi-Filter. I'm using a Moog MP-201 control pedal and the theremin for live voltage control. This was recorded on a Busman-modified Korg MR2000S, after going through a Langevin ELOP limiter and then a Dangerous Music BAX eq before it went to the recorder. Once again, this was a live performance.

Mayday by Bennett Williams on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
http://soundcloud.com/bennettwilliams/mayday
Old 19th May 2011
Gear interested

Calvin & Hobbes (Criticism Greatly Appreciated)

Old 20th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreGDD View Post
I would love any suggestions or feedback that you have to offer and would sincerely appreciate it.

Let me know what you think!
I really dig the vocal clips that you used. The track has a smooth groove, but then it stays in that groove and doesn't feel like it goes anywhere, no progression. Maybe it needs a more pronounced change in there?
Old 20th May 2011
AvS
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReubenTobias View Post
Here is one I have floating around in incompletion

Its a fairly rough mix and distorts in places, but like I said, incompletion.

Let me know what you think guys! Any advice/comments are always appreciated

http://soundcloud.com/reubentobias/you-do-care
Very nice track. Good mix also.
Old 20th May 2011
AvS
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandscott View Post
Long time reader, first time poster. Just finished this electronic track with one of my clients that I produce, and I think we may have some hit potential with it in the clubs. Let me know what you think!
Yo. To be honest i dont think it has any hit potential nor will it sound good in a club. The production is just not really up there. The biggest problem is the very weak kick and percussion in general. I like the vibe in the ending but its not a club friendly vibe.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search