Searching for sound engineering, music production or sound design related courses...
Old 14th July 2010
Gear interested

Searching for sound engineering, music production or sound design related courses...

Hello!

I'm asking your help, everybody.

I'm from Budapest, Hungary, the middle-east of Europe.

There's a chance for me going to the US, and it happened to me that I have pretty much little time for arranging things. I would love to start a course somewhere in Chicago or in Cincinnati, Ohio. I don't really have saved money for it... I'm seeking for some possibilities in one year courses, or something similar.

Since I've never been to the US, but I have good enough English to communicate and feel like having the skills to work and study, and have the will for it also - I feel like there is a possibility maybe.

I need your help for recommending exact courses in these areas, and for any financial tips or hints. Like is there a possibility for start studying and also working in the same field, maybe employed by the school? So I could cover my studies maybe? Or is it possible to cover my expenses from finding a job in another field (like I have good communication skills and some experience in hosting, I was a waiter for some time, and was an in-store seller and had good results). I mean does a job like these usually make enough money to cover these expenses? Also, it's maybe even more important to know, does usually schools/colleges let any students to pay not beforehand?

On the other hand, is there any limitation for foreigners to study?

I'm pretty much hurrying, since I have about 20 days to leave - my desired departing time, to be there with the person I need to be with, because my trip would start visiting her. And I have to find my study to contact with the school in time, so I can ask for my visa. As I calculated, if I find something in a few days, I can exactly stay in time!

I'm very much open for any hints, and appreciate your help a lot!

Thanks and bests,
Attila
Old 16th July 2010
Gear interested

Yes I'm actually found it out: it's called community college what I'm looking for. Do you know any in Chicago, Illinois, or Cincinnati, OH?

Actually am I posting this in the right forum section?

Thanks,
Attila
Old 16th July 2010
Lives for gear

this is probably not the best forum for your question--visa's are not something i have experience with.

1) usually schools require payment upfront
2) not sure about visa
3) schools have a lot of employment opportunities, usually in food service (your pay is tied to how long you work)
4) usually foreigners cannot apply for financial aid

you really need someone you know personally in Chicago who can help you out
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search