Question for MKS-70 Owners
Old 6th July 2010
Gear maniac

Question for MKS-70 Owners

I just received my MKS-70 but am a bit confused as to which outputs I should be using.

There are 5 outputs at the rear - one marked 'Total Mix'

and then four additional parallel outputs reading from left to right

Left Stereo/ Right Mono/Left Mono/Right Stereo

I am bit confused as to which outputs I should be using by default?

Can anyone enlighten me.

Thanks
Old 6th July 2010
Lives for gear

you can actually use one connector from each of the stereo pairs to get a "total stereo mix" (i believe there's a line drawn there connecting the ones you're supposed to use for this) and/or the single one for a "total mono mix"...

either that, or you can use the stereo pairs separately, in which case when the synth is in split mode, you can output each half of it separately...like having 2x jx8p's....but if you're short on connectors on your mixer or what not, you can just use the synth's balance function to balance the volume between the two halves instead...and use one of the "total mixes" i discuss above...

PS: the manual covers all of this.
Old 7th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
either that, or you can use the stereo pairs separately, in which case when the synth is in split mode, you can output each half of it separately...like having 2x jx8p's.....
Actually, by using the two stereo pairs together, you can control the output for each of two "tones" in a "patch," whether in split mode or in dual mode. In other words, you don't have to be in split mode to make use of this function.

But I don't have enough inputs as it is, so I generally only use the "left stereo" (far left) and "right stereo" (far right) outputs (and the only reason I use stereo outs at all is because of the onboard chorus effect*, which is a stereo effect).

* edit: just to anticipate the inevitable response: yes, I know, you can make great patches on the MKS-70 without the chorus effect.
Old 7th July 2010
Gear maniac

Thanks for the replies guys - got a much better feel for it now.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search