New Reply
Subscribe
bouchemandela
26th May 2010
Old 26th May 2010
Gear interested

Waldorf Blofeld Editor OSX available

Hey all,
I've been working on a blofed editor built in MaxMsp on and off for about a week.
I still need to do a little work on the arpeggiator section, but everything else seems to be working fine. Below are links to both the editor file and some pics of the current revision, as well as a link to the Max 5 runtime which you will need to run the app. It only runs as a standalone as max5 has no ability to make plugins at the moment

Editor:
click link

Pics:
http://imgur.com/3aNrK.png
http://imgur.com/6J9s9.png

Max 5 runtime:
Download - Cycling 74

*features include*
- get sound from synth, updates virtual editor with current sound buffer data
- Full control over all parameters including FX, Modifier, Modulation (Arp to be completed)
- onscreen feedback when parameters are changed on hardware

*To do*
- Finish Arp section and controls
- Devise a send patch with text input or possible librarian section
- implement some sort of monome arpeggiator controls
- implement Multi editing

*Setup*
- Under Global on the Blofeld, set ctrl send type as sysex/cc, ctrl receive to on, local control on
- In the Editor select the midi I/O and set input and output to appropriate blofeld channels.
- In the Editor hit get sound (bottom center), editor will update settings and away you go!

Let me know if you guys have any problems with this and I would be happy to help to the best of my abilities.
enjoy,
Carson

Last edited by Reptil; 27th November 2010 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: link fixed
30th October 2010
Old 30th October 2010
Lives for gear

I can't get ths thing to work with my Blofeld Keyboard v.1.15, looks like no MIDI is coming out. Midi I/O is set to Waldorf In & Out (connected with USB).

any ideas?

-Tomi
1st November 2010
Old 1st November 2010
Gear interested

Hi Tomi,
to clarify, are you saying there is no midi being sent from the editor? can you move a knob on the blofeld and see it reflected on the editor? Also I believe (haven't had time to use my blofeld lately) that the editor only works when on ch.1. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more problems.
thanks
1st November 2010
Old 1st November 2010
Lives for gear

I got it to work, it like just started to work after I had tinkered something I guess it was just a glitch somewhere in my mac's USB.

Great editor btw. I really enjoy using it. A librarian would be supercool to have.

btw, when I tweak the Blofeld (from hardware) while using the editor, the editor does not update. I guess this is a feature but if the editor can be made follow the hardware it would be super cool! Tho I can't remember just right now did I have the MIDI out set just Ctrl or Ctrl+SysEx...

thanks,
-Tomi
26th November 2010
Old 26th November 2010
Gear interested

Blofeld Editor

Carson

The editor is great - very cool - nice work.

How/where does one get the Midi commands for the Blofeld in order to program
edit it?

Are you planning to continue the work on the Editor?

This is the only one I have found (for the Mac) that works!! - you
should consider making it a product! ;')

Regards - Robert
27th November 2010
Old 27th November 2010
Gear Head

The link to the Editor now seems to be broken.
27th November 2010
Old 27th November 2010
Gear Head

Here's the issue: When you click on the link directly, it fails. When you copy and paste the full link including the word Editor, the link works. For whatever reason the direct link drops the word Editor causing the link to fail.
27th November 2010
Old 27th November 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlangKunst View Post
Here's the issue: When you click on the link directly, it fails. When you copy and paste the full link including the word Editor, the link works. For whatever reason the direct link drops the word Editor causing the link to fail.
cheers for that
link fixed in OP

A program like midi monitor can spy on other apps' midi output.

for sale a complete SERGE SYNTHESIZER (Creature, EQ-Shift, BOG)

for sale EURORACK MODULAR CASE

17th January 2011
Old 17th January 2011
Gear interested

Hi bouchemandela,

The link still doesn't seem to be working. There is a page of latest releases (albums) but no link for the Blofeld editor.

The screenshots look great - is this still being worked on?
bouchemandela
27th January 2011
Old 27th January 2011
Gear interested

Hey transality,
Yes I had the blofeld editor hosted on a friends site. after he redesigned the site the link went down. I just sent the editor off to waldorf support so they could host it. It's also available here. The current version is beta_1_065. unfortunately I cannot continue development on the editor as my computer was stolen last september, and I was stupid enough not to back it up. Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope this post finds it way to you.
thanks,
carson
4th May 2011
Old 4th May 2011
Gear interested

hei Carson

a big thank you for your editor! (I'll use it to get into synthesis for example to understand patches, how they were designed)

some problems I had first: the Blofeld should be on Midichannel 1, if not you won't be able to control it via the Editor

if I understood it right the "get sound"-section is about the 16 Multiparts? so normally your program is on 1

great work and sorry about your loss of computer and programming data!
4th May 2011
Old 4th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchemandela View Post
Hey all,
I've been working on a blofed editor built in MaxMsp on and off for about a week.
I still need to do a little work on the arpeggiator section, but everything else seems to be working fine. Below are links to both the editor file and some pics of the current revision, as well as a link to the Max 5 runtime which you will need to run the app. It only runs as a standalone as max5 has no ability to make plugins at the moment
Awesome! I like "get sound from synth" option. Thanks. Btw there is Max for Live and with this you can run it as plugin both on Win and MacOsx as well as other amazing sequencing tools inside Max. I am not experienced with max programming that much but i assume Max for live share same base so making this to run in Ableton Max shouldn't be that hard. Ableton forum could contain more info for you..
9th May 2011
Old 9th May 2011
Lives for gear

Is there a working link somewhere out there for this? Been poking around and haven't had any luck. Thanks
31st May 2011
Old 31st May 2011
Gear nut

26th October 2011
Old 26th October 2011
Gear interested

Can someone please reupload the editor?
I´m trying to find him but is showing hard.

Thanks.
23rd December 2011
Old 23rd December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by booz View Post
Can someone please reupload the editor?
I´m trying to find him but is showing hard.

Thanks.
I wanted to get it too but I'm having the same problem...
Anyone here has it available?
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by paugui View Post
I wanted to get it too but I'm having the same problem...
Anyone here has it available?
Second. I can host the editor if someone can just send it to me rassta ( at ) gmail ( d o t ) c o m

Big up!
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Gear interested

Is it lost forever?

Please Please !!!! Send me to p.storager (AT) gmail.com
I can't find it anywhere! Thanks
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Gear maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to MinoCan
There you go
Attached Files
File Type: zip Blofeld_Editor_Beta_1_065.zip (8.29 MB, 633 views)
22nd April 2012
Old 22nd April 2012
Gear interested

Much appreciated!
3rd May 2012
Old 3rd May 2012
Lives for gear

Is the editor supposed to work right-away when a Blofeld is connected using the USB connection?
Since there is no MIDI Out in the module, I'd expect USB to be the best way of connecting the Blofeld so it's possible to know what parameters are used for each patch...
3rd May 2012
Old 3rd May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paugui View Post
Is the editor supposed to work right-away when a Blofeld is connected using the USB connection?
Since there is no MIDI Out in the module, I'd expect USB to be the best way of connecting the Blofeld so it's possible to know what parameters are used for each patch...
It doesn't seem to remember the I/O midi port settings on each reboot. You need to click the midi settings radio button in the editor interface (lowest right most button), and set your ports there. You must do this *each time* you boot up the editor. USB is fine for your connection. There also is a midi settings selection from the program menu in OSX, but I don't find that it works on my system. You need to use the aforementioned interface Midi Settings radio button. Once you make that setting, then the editor is fully functional, and quite frankly its freekin awesome!

Its a one patch at a time type editor....in other words, you select your patches using using the hardware unit, then "fetch" the patch into the editor by clicking a button ("Get Sound", near the patch name at bottom), and then you have a full graphical editing interface for that patch. Once you are at this point, you have a wonderful overview of the architecture of the Blofeld, and can really maneuver with speed. If you want to save your work, you do so on the hardware itself. This editor has really enhanced my Blofeld ownership experience, and helped me to learn some great features and tricks of the synth.
19th May 2012
Old 19th May 2012
Gear maniac

I can't get this editor to do anything on four different Mac Operating systems on two computers - both PPC and Intel.

I'm wondering if it's because I have the latest firmware in the Blofeld - 1.16..?

Any clues?
20th May 2012
Old 20th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
I can't get this editor to do anything on four different Mac Operating systems on two computers - both PPC and Intel.

I'm wondering if it's because I have the latest firmware in the Blofeld - 1.16..?

Any clues?
Works fine for me on Snow Leopard and Lion. Make sure you are setting your midi ports in the actual U.I., rather than in the MAX program menu. There is a Midi I/O radio button on the lower right of the U.I. you need to click...then set your ports.

The program only receives program data from the hardware....doesn't seem to send it. So you retrieve a program by clicking the "get program" box in the lower right of the U.I., and then edit it in the U.I. You save your work on the hardware....not in the program.
6th December 2012
Old 6th December 2012
Gear interested

Great Blofeld editor! Does anybody know of a patch librarian for the Blofeld that'll run on OSX?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search